2023-2024 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck everyone!! Remember the wyse words of @wysdoc, just because we don’t prematch does not mean we won’t match!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting to see if I pre-matched has me going insane

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone gotten the review complete email at all? That’s usually the omen before pre-matches come out

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those complete emails are unfortunately just nothing really! Lots of people got them and did/didnt prematch

Reactions: 1 user
People are gonna open SDN and see all these notifications and FREAK out LOL

• Haha
Does SHSUCOM usually send out prematches the day they open for TMDSAS? (Or in this case, the day after)

A this morning! IS, LM 68, interviewed early Sept! Does anyone know if accepting this A will pull me out of the match?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
A this morning! IS, LM 68, interviewed early Sept! Does anyone know if accepting this A will pull me out of the match?
No! :) Like all TMDSAS schools, SHSU participates in the Match and you can rank all the schools where you interviewed, prematched or not, for Match Day in February.
Congratulations!

No! :) Like all TMDSAS schools, SHSU participates in the Match and you can rank all the schools where you interviewed, prematched or not, for Match Day in February.
Congratulations!
Thank you wysdoc!

Congratulations!! email or call?
Email! It said "The Admissions Committee has completed its review of your application and your admissions decision is now available in your AMP portal", so I wasn't sure if It was going to be an A. I got an email a couple weeks ago saying that they had completed the review of my file.

Reactions: 2 users
IS A! Got the “admissions decision ready” email!

For comfort (or increased anxiety :)) SHSU prematched two different days during October 15 week last year. They also prematched people up to January who interviewed early on too.

Obviously every year is different but definitely don’t lose hope yall

For comfort (or increased anxiety :)) SHSU prematched two different days during October 15 week last year. They also prematched people up to January who interviewed early on too.

Obviously every year is different but definitely don’t lose hope yall
Now I'm not sure if I should be reassured or be more anxious. :rofl:

Now I'm not sure if I should be reassured or be more anxious. :rofl:

IMG_5950.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Not to look too deep into this but I wonder if all the prematches being sent today are already sent. Hm.

Not to look too deep into this but I wonder if all the prematches being sent today are already sent. Hm.
It looks like they are sending them out via email (not like calling each applicant). Perhaps it might be over for today, but who knows?

I wouldn't feel too discouraged to anyone who hasn't gotten an e-mail (me included). Last year they sent on October 17th and 19th. My friend didn't get hers until the 19th. They also sent again in like November.

• Care
I wouldn't feel too discouraged to anyone who hasn't gotten an e-mail (me included). Last year they sent on October 17th and 19th. My friend didn't get hers until the 19th. They also sent again in like November.

Have you gotten the review complete email already?

Oh my god I prematched just now! I didn’t think I was good enough I’m so happy!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Prematched as well! Got a general "admissions decision" email and was told to check the portal.

• Love
OMG Y'ALL I PRE-MATCHED!!!! Interviewed 7/21

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
So I am now confused, do I need to accept the decision to hold the pre-match?

So I am now confused, do I need to accept the decision to hold the pre-match?
Ya! Remember you can accept every pre match offer now up and up until match day. If you wanna hold on to it you just rank it #1. If not it'll automatically withdraw you if you match elsewhere

You can also withdraw pre matches before match day if you get multiple pre matches to places you’d prefer to go over others

So I can hit the I accept button on the SHSU page?