2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Penn State tends to accept slowly in the fall and faster in the spring. I would guess less than 35 people have heard back from interviews at the absolute max (probs closer to 20 people tbh). Don’t fret. The big wave is usually early January (and maybe next week but I’m speculating - edit: my speculation/spider senses were right).

Also, this is further speculation, but PSU very rare rejects people at this point in the cycle. It’s usually an acceptance or a waitlist. Rejections start later in the cycle

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Manifesting that A call for myself + everyone else that has interviewed and keeps refreshing their email/ picks up every phone call on the first ring we got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Manifesting that A call for myself + everyone else that has interviewed and keeps refreshing their email/ picks up every phone call on the first ring we got this!
crazy man, its been like 2 months and 2 weeks since my interview haha, rip why they take so long

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A via email, interviewed late September.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Post-ii Hold. Second one today lmao 🫠

Was put on the hold list, interviewed end of September. Does anyone know statistics of getting off hold list? Or when they begin re-evaluating you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those who were accepted today (and those who were previously accepted)! Feel free to PM me questions you might have about the school (no guarantees I can answer everything).

For those who are waitlisted, I would encourage you to communicate any updates and an intent to enroll in the coming weeks. Don’t lose hope, especially if this is the medical school you want to attend.

what's with all the "congratulations" emails regarding the University Park curriculum? theyre teasinggg

Reactions: 3 users
The week of interviews prior to yours started hearing back this week, so assuming they move chronologically the wait will hopefully be over soon! Good luck!
I interviewed 10/18 and heard back on Monday. Not sure if they go in order but just wanted to give an extra piece of info.

I interviewed 10/18 and heard back on Monday. Not sure if they go in order but just wanted to give an extra piece of info.
Thanks for the added info, must be in batches that aren't entirely chronological then. I interviewed 9/27 and also heard back this past Monday.

do we think there’ll be another round of decisions released before the year ends?

do we think there’ll be another round of decisions released before the year ends?
Based on years past, they only do one wave per month. Jan is typically the biggest wave of acceptances

Interviewing this week and I am super nervous. I've seen mixed things in this thread but not sure what to expect. Please let me know if anyone has advice!

Interviewing this week and I am super nervous. I've seen mixed things in this thread but not sure what to expect. Please let me know if anyone has advice!
Same here. Extremely nervous as well. I hear 5 questions with 5 minute responses each. Also, some say its more like an MMI format, so be prepared for questions that may stem outside the scope of "normal" interview questions. You can look up sources of common MMI questions to skim through. I'm reading their website, my primary and secondary apps and then practicing some basic questions. You get to ask two questions to the interviewers at the end. Best of luck

Same here. Extremely nervous as well. I hear 5 questions with 5 minute responses each. Also, some say it’s more like an MMI format, so be prepared for questions that may stem outside the scope of "normal" interview questions. You can look up sources of common MMI questions to skim through. I'm reading their website, my primary and secondary apps and then practicing some basic questions. You get to ask two questions to the interviewers at the end. Best of luck
I had mine already and this is a good description! Good luck to you as well!

I had mine already and this is a good description! Good luck to you as well!
Awesome! Do you feel as though the interview was engaging for both sides, or did you feel like it was mainly you doing the talking with not a lot of room from conversation? People were claiming it was more like the latter

Awesome! Do you feel as though the interview was engaging for both sides, or did you feel like it was mainly you doing the talking with not a lot of room from conversation? People were claiming it was more like the latter

Completed my interview too. Can confirm it was one sided on your end. They’ll ask follow up questions but it’s based on what they’re supposed to ask and nothing more.

Ex: the 2 interviewers introduced themselves and after they finished so I went “oh I guess it’s time to introduce myself too “I’m ___”, im from ___…” but they cut me off mid sentence and said “we have a specific set of questions we need to ask you so let’s get started”. And then they started

I 200% left that interview wondering if I did well and if there was any way I could have done better. You just kinda answer their question and move on

Hope this helps!

Completed my interview too. Can confirm it was one sided on your end. They’ll ask follow up questions but it’s based on what they’re supposed to ask and nothing more.

Ex: the 2 interviewers introduced themselves and after they finished so I went “oh I guess it’s time to introduce myself too “I’m ___”, im from ___…” but they cut me off mid sentence and said “we have a specific set of questions we need to ask you so let’s get started”. And then they started

I 200% left that interview wondering if I did well and if there was any way I could have done better. You just kinda answer their question and move on

Hope this helps!
This 100% helps, thank you! Its unfortunate that its no longer conversational, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Should be an interesting experience. How was the rest of the interview day?

This 100% helps, thank you! Its unfortunate that its no longer conversational, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Should be an interesting experience. How was the rest of the interview day?

Rest of the day was great. I know others have said that the morning portion before interviews isn’t necessary. But I liked it a lot. The guy was super nice, warm, and welcoming- helped a bit with the nerves. The rest of the day was nice- the students are sweet, funny, and honest.
I really enjoyed myself!

Rest of the day was great. I know others have said that the morning portion before interviews isn’t necessary. But I liked it a lot. The guy was super nice, warm, and welcoming- helped a bit with the nerves. The rest of the day was nice- the students are sweet, funny, and honest.
I really enjoyed myself!
Glad to hear it. Just gotta buckle down for that awkward half hour interview and the rest sounds like fun. Thanks for all the feed back

Glad to hear it. Just gotta buckle down for that awkward half hour interview and the rest sounds like fun. Thanks for all the feed back

No problem and good luck! Maybe we’ll meet over coffee next year at psu :)

does anyone's secondary portal keep asking for a one-time passcode for every login or is it just me?

Reactions: 7 users
Interview I thought was okay. Introduction was lighthearted and helped ease the tension. Lots of down time before/after your faculty interview (depending on when it is). Faculty interview asked very generic questions. Biggest piece of advice I can give is just to know about the schools mission and curriculum.

Did anyone that got placed on hold post-September interview hear anything yet?