2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard back post interview decisions? I interviewed mid september and have heard nothing. I thought decisions start coming out October 15th

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
so their class size is only 85 students? i thought this was a bigger school lol
OOS (out-of state) matriculants is 85, there are more IS (in-state) matriculants. Also, that means that more than 85+ OOS acceptances were given, since usually not everyone that gets accepted matriculates. Im guessing they give somewhere between 100-120 OOS acceptances (only an estimate)

Reactions: 1 user
First OOS A an hour ago! Very delighted, but that 2-week window to accept our offer without any financial aid pkg info or having heard back from any other school makes me nervous :rolleyes: Feel we're too early in the cycle to commit...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
First OOS A an hour ago! Very delighted, but that 2-week window to accept our offer without any financial aid pkg info or having heard back from any other school makes me nervous :rolleyes: Feel we're too early in the cycle to commit...
I think “A” just means you’re considering them. I believe the only instance you would decline is if there were already a college you absolutely would rather attend than here that you were already admitted

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the A’s! When did y’all interview?

I think “A” just means you’re considering them. I believe the only instance you would decline is if there were already a college you absolutely would rather attend than here that you were already admitted
So replying to the email to accept the offer doesn't necessarily mean committing? that's so reassuring. Thank you!

Congrats on the A’s! When did y’all interview?
9/14!

Reactions: 1 users
So replying to the email to accept the offer doesn't necessarily mean committing? that's so reassuring. Thank you!

9/14!
In my one other A, they specified that with the same two week window. AAMC won’t punish you for holding multiple acceptances until May. I think they mostly do the accept/decline thing as a courtesy. They understand they might not be your only A and would like to shift their focus if you have no intention of attending there

Reactions: 2 users
Just to confirm, we need to accept it on the portal right? Not email?

Does anyone know where you can find current stats on Step 1 pass rate for Penn State students?

IS II! Complete 07/19, dates for early December available

Last edited:
Do we need to pay the deposit this early?
From their website:

Applicant's Response to Acceptance Offer​

Maximum time: Two weeks on or before April 30*; Five business days after April 30*

Note: Deposit to hold place in class of $100, applicable to tuition, is due by May 15*, and is not refundable after that date.

From their website:

Applicant's Response to Acceptance Offer​

Maximum time: Two weeks on or before April 30*; Five business days after April 30*

Note: Deposit to hold place in class of $100, applicable to tuition, is due by May 15*, and is not refundable after that date.
Ok, so we have to respond and accept our acceptance but we don't need to pay the deposit quite yet. Thanks!

Interviewed September 28. Still haven't gotten a response. Is anyone else in the same boat? Does silence = rejection?

Interviewed September 28. Still haven't gotten a response. Is anyone else in the same boat? Does silence = rejection?
Website said 6-8 weeks for a response, I interviewed before you and am just coming up on 6 weeks so no reason to panic yet.

Website said 6-8 weeks for a response, I interviewed before you and am just coming up on 6 weeks so no reason to panic yet.
OOS interview with very close ties to PA, 505/3.8, complete around 7/13! Email came around 2 pm. :)

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if this school ever gives generous financial aid/scholarships?

Does anyone have any interview tips since it seems to be decently diff than last year?

they just ask standard questions, no access to your information. just practice the most common questions

for those that have interviewed did you send one joint thank you letter to both interviewers or did you send two individualized ones

Does anyone know is PSU will have an official second look day for admitted students? And if so, when that is?

Does anyone have advice for interview day? I'm seeing a mix of responses on this thread. I know its closed file but is it only traditional questions or are there also MMI questions? No idea what to expect

II received last night. Super stoked as it’s my top choice

Reactions: 3 users
Now that more of you probably interviewed, I was wondering if there was any extra info or advice that you could offer for interview day? What types of questions should I expect to be asked. Is the interview more conversational or more "question-answer" themed? Thanks!

Now that more of you probably interviewed, I was wondering if there was any extra info or advice that you could offer for interview day? What types of questions should I expect to be asked. Is the interview more conversational or more "question-answer" themed? Thanks!
By far the most structured interview I've had. 2 interviewers, closed file. They ask 5 questions with ~5 minutes to respond to each, then you have 5 minutes to ask up to 2 questions of your interviewers. They also ask that you keep everything generic, i.e. don't say any specific schools you attended or companies/programs you have worked for.

By far the most structured interview I've had. 2 interviewers, closed file. They ask 5 questions with ~5 minutes to respond to each, then you have 5 minutes to ask up to 2 questions of your interviewers. They also ask that you keep everything generic, i.e. don't say any specific schools you attended or companies/programs you have worked for.
Sounds like fun. Thank you for the info!

Thank you! Just to confirm, we are allowed to describe our experiences just not mention the specific name of the company or internship/experience?

Thank you! Just to confirm, we are allowed to describe our experiences just not mention the specific name of the company or internship/experience?
I think its just to avoid any bias between interviewer and applicant. They may show more favor to someone who has gone to Penn State or worked for their hospital, for example, more than an applicant who has not. Since its closed file, they won't see that unless you specifically mention it in the interview.

Correct, they just are trying to make it as unbiased as possible. I just felt like it made things slightly more impersonal when paired with the very structured nature of the interview as a whole.

Are we supposed to do the web interview agreement beforehand or the day of?

Has anybody who interviewed on or before 10/2 not heard back yet? today is 8 weeks...

I interviewed 9/21, and still nothing lol... we wait
Seems like they've been doing a decent job sticking to the 6-8 week timeline but I think the last 2 weeks have slowed down a bit, probably because of the holiday I would guess.