2023-2024 Pennsylvania State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone have any advice for the interview? i have mine coming up and i was wondering if any accepted students have any tips. thanks!!
maybe it was just me, but i hated the interview experience. The rest of the day with students and the adcoms director was very nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
yea, i had heard so many great things about past years interviews, i was excited, but it killed the mood. i dont even wanna go there anymore
Can you elaborate on what made it a bad interview?

Reactions: 5 users
Can you elaborate on what made it a bad interview?
If any of you want to share comments & feedback about interviews for other SDN members to read, you can list your ratings & specific comments in the interview feedback link we post in the first message of each thread.
Doing it there is even more anonymous because it won’t be connected with your username
@BarrBodyGuy and @littlemac sorry your day was so meh

yea, i had heard so many great things about past years interviews, i was excited, but it killed the mood. i dont even wanna go there anymore
that's awful to hear, i'm very sorry about your experience! I heard it resembled MMI which is stated nowhere on their emails and this being my first interview I didnt prep for MMI style so now i'm worried my experience will be like yours. any advice for the actual interview, despite your negative experience?

Reactions: 1 user
To be fair, it wasn't that awful in my experience. The questions were standardized and my interviewer was definitely trained to have a poker face, but I do agree that I wish it was more conversational. There is ample opportunity throughout the interview day to ask questions, maybe even too much time to ask. The vast majority of the staff and all of the medical students were extremely friendly and really honest about the school, which is rare to see in interview q's/a's. The medical students were the highlight, I got more information through them than anyone else so please make sure to ask any burning questions you have.

The long breaks between the different parts of the interview day was the most confusing/tiring, that was the only issue I had personally.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Anyone know the post II acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 users
Based on what I remember from my application cycle and what I know about the school directly as a student, I can very accurately predict the first round of decisions will likely be at the end of October (and not in two weeks from today). The closer you are to interviewing to the batch release, the more likely you are to wait until the next.

I got my II in early Sept, interviewed in early October, and I had to wait until January for my decision. They tend to go fairly chronological (based on interview date) in terms of giving post-II decisions.

Last edited:
Have the interviews been in chronological order?

• Hmm
Closed AF, before the interview they literally asked us to not even discuss our undergrad institution, awards or anything to reduce bias.
Does this mean they don’t know our MCAT or GPA as well? Also any tips for a closed interview?

Got the R as well today. LM is 78. Seems like a tough school to get into. Lots of great applicants getting the R.
I'm confused, did you mean to post this here? You seem like the first one to report getting an R

I'm sorry ): Was the MMI type questions scenario based ones or just more like basic traditional interview questions?

OOS II on 9/8 (application completed 8/28)! Completed interview on 9/25. Does anyone know if they invite all interviewed applicants to the University Park Curriculum Zoom Sessions? I received an invite to learn more about it today (10/12) and am wondering if anyone they ask all interviewed applicants to learn more. Did anyone else get this email?

OOS II on 9/8 (application completed 8/28)! Completed interview on 9/25. Does anyone know if they invite all interviewed applicants to the University Park Curriculum Zoom Sessions? I received an invite to learn more about it today (10/12) and am wondering if anyone they ask all interviewed applicants to learn more. Did anyone else get this email?
Yes, they invite everyone to the University Park sessions. There were people who weren’t even applying to med school yet attending last year which never made a lot of sense to me.

Everyone who is accepted and marked an interest UP on their PSCOM secondary will also automatically get an interview there.

I will second that I didn't like the interview experience too much. It killed the mood and felt so robotic

IS II complete mid september!

Did anyone who interviewed here send a thank you letter for their interviewers? Other schools let you know to email it to admissions and to do certain formats etc but they didn’t mention it at all.

Did anyone who interviewed here send a thank you letter for their interviewers? Other schools let you know to email it to admissions and to do certain formats etc but they didn’t mention it at all.
I asked admissions and they said to email them your letter(s) in a pdf and they forward them