2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you doing a type of early decision or joint program? I read that DMU doesn't sent out II's for the regular cycle until early August.
Regular decision. I believe that might be interviews itself since my “interview” won’t be complete until I finish the q&a group session in August.

Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS! cGPA 3.95, sGPA 3.91, MCAT 508. Complete 6/15/23

Reactions: 1 user
II OOS! 3.4 GPA 509 MCAT. Completed 05/31

For the people getting IIs, where do you see the update? Was it an email or change in the portal?

Got an email that I was marked complete today, so thanks for the total tease DMU. I submitted my secondary 07/05.

Got my Kira Assessment invite today. Any current DMU OMS willing to give some advice? I have already looked at their mission and vision but I’m curious if DMU focuses on anything else (ie primary care, research, OMT, etc.). Going to explore their website in more detail today but want to see if anyone has anything more specific to share!

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now OOS, 4.0/515

Info for future applicants:
Secondary Received 05/15/23
Secondary Completed: 05/15/23
Marked Complete: 05/22/23
II Invite: 07/31/23
LM ~70, OOS

II Received Today: 7/31/23!
Marked Complete 6/13/23
No Preview
LM: 72.50, OOS

II Received Today: 7/31/23
Marked Complete: 6/26/23
LM: 69, OOS

Hey guys! Did they send an email telling you your app was complete or did you check the portal? Thanks!

Got my Kira Assessment invite today. Any current DMU OMS willing to give some advice? I have already looked at their mission and vision but I’m curious if DMU focuses on anything else (ie primary care, research, OMT, etc.). Going to explore their website in more detail today but want to see if anyone has anything more specific to share!
Prepare as you would for any other interview. You noted some good things, brush up on the details of the school, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all, I submitted my primary on 7/7 and it still says my initial review of the application is "not received". Does this seem to be typical?

Does anyone know if the Kira assessment has questions we need to type up the answer to or do we just have to speak for all of them? Also, what is the time limit we get to answer each question and time we get to prepare for it?

Does anyone know if the Kira assessment has questions we need to type up the answer to or do we just have to speak for all of them? Also, what is the time limit we get to answer each question and time we get to prepare for it?
Prepare to type

How generous are the time limits? My only experience with this setup is CASPer, which was not fun for me.

Can anyone please explain the kira assessment thing? Is it different from the PREView? Do we have to do both or either for Des Moines? I am confused
TIA
EDTA I received the PreView email but nothing about Kira. Is it for those who got an II only?

Can anyone please explain the kira assessment thing? Is it different from the PREView? Do we have to do both or either for Des Moines? I am confused
TIA
EDTA I received the PreView email but nothing about Kira. Is it for those who got an II only?
Ya Kira is something you do after you get an II! They have a good breakdown of what it entails what’s they invite you. PREview is optional!

I am confused. In the email it said they do not have a secondary but people here are mentioning secondaries. Can someone clarify?

I am confused. In the email it said they do not have a secondary but people here are mentioning secondaries. Can someone clarify?
II means “Interview Invite” not secondary

For those who completed Kira, how long until you received the email for the group interview? I completed Kira on Sunday and haven't received anything yet.

Does anyone have any information about this "group interview"? Format or how to prepare for it? Is it more of a presentation or interaction with group members or interview like questions in front of a group? How many are in the group?

Does anyone have any information about this "group interview"? Format or how to prepare for it? Is it more of a presentation or interaction with group members or interview like questions in front of a group? How many are in the group?
Based on last year's thread, it is more of a Q&A session.

Anyone else take Kira within the past week and still waiting for the group interview invite email?

I hope this is not just me, but is anyone seeing this error when attempting to access the DMUCOM portal?
1691641395307.png

Do you need preview score for an II? I'm taking preview next week but my app is already submitted

Do you need casper score for an II? I'm taking casper tonight but my app is already submitted
SJTs are optional but strongly recommended and they don't use CASPer, they use PREview. If you end up taking it, the AAMC even has a little checkmark on the test that lets you send it directly to them.

SJTs are optional but strongly recommended and they don't use CASPer, they use PREview. If you end up taking it, the AAMC even has a little checkmark on the test that lets you send it directly to them.
^ I meant preview lol, casper tonight and preview next week. Thank you!