2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the A call today! Interviewed 2/29 and was on the WL as of 3/14. No high priority as far as for me.
Congrats! Did you do anything that you think made you get pulled off while you were waiting? I got waitlisted 03/05 and the wait is actually killing me lol

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! Did you do anything that you think made you get pulled off while you were waiting? I got waitlisted 03/05 and the wait is actually killing me lol
If you don't mind sharing, how was the actual interview day experience like for both of you?

If you don't mind sharing, how was the actual interview day experience like for both of you?
It was great actually! It was two interviews and they were pretty standard and I get great vibes from the school. It’s become my top choice of the two schools I’m waitlisted at so I’m praying that they pull me off soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It was great actually! It was two interviews and they were pretty standard and I get great vibes from the school. It’s become my top choice of the two schools I’m waitlisted at so I’m praying that they pull me off soon!
Thanks for sharing!

Goodluck!

just interviewed at BCOM today (4/9), and hoping to hear some good news in a couple weeks! feel free to dm any questions about the experience or stats :)

I didn't haha, I was preparing an LOI with some updates however. Usually a lot of waitlist movement for all schools comes late April and into May so hang on. In all honesty from what I have read and heard there is not much you can do other than wait for the majority of schools so hang in there! I believe in you!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine was great. Super friendly faculty that asked a good balance of simpler get to know you questions and some deeper questions that give them a good idea of who you truly are, relatively standard interviews as previously mentioned. I really liked the vibe with the students that came onto the zoom call, I related to those who shared their backgrounds. Best of luck!

Mine was great. Super friendly faculty that asked a good balance of simpler get to know you questions and some deeper questions that give them a good idea of who you truly are, relatively standard interviews as previously mentioned. I really liked the vibe with the students that came onto the zoom call, I related to those who shared their backgrounds. Best of luck!
Thank you! Much appreciated

I didn't haha, I was preparing an LOI with some updates however. Usually a lot of waitlist movement for all schools comes late April and into May so hang on. In all honesty from what I have read and heard there is not much you can do other than wait for the majority of schools so hang in there! I believe in you!
Thank you! Hanging in there lol

Just got an interview for Florida!!!! I’m FREAKING OUT RN

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

Do you remember what dates were available?
I was too excited when I selected the date but the soonest was this Friday, but I saw dates going up to end of April but I didn’t look past that

Reactions: 3 users
for those who are accepted, have you received an acceptance package in the mail?

If you were accepted, did you submit the supplemental video ? I am planning to submit mine without that.

does anyone have an idea of post-interview acceptance/WL rate? Main concern is getting rejected post-interview lol, although I do think interview went relatively well.

For reference I had my interview on 04/01/2024 and got an email saying decisions would be made in two weeks. This is the email I got today

"It was a pleasure getting to chat with you on interview day. This email is to let you know we are delayed in delivering your post-interview decision. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as the post-interview review process continues. If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We will notify you as soon as an update is available."

Reactions: 2 users
For reference I had my interview on 04/01/2024 and got an email saying decisions would be made in two weeks. This is the email I got today

"It was a pleasure getting to chat with you on interview day. This email is to let you know we are delayed in delivering your post-interview decision. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as the post-interview review process continues. If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We will notify you as soon as an update is available."
does anyone know why? are they just behind because of admin reasons or is there more to it? I interviewed 4/9 so I'm supposed to hear back next Tuesday and im already so anxious, idk how I'd feel about an even longer delay.
Good luck to 4/1 interviewees!!

does anyone know why? are they just behind because of admin reasons or is there more to it? I interviewed 4/9 so I'm supposed to hear back next Tuesday and im already so anxious, idk how I'd feel about an even longer delay.
Good luck to 4/1 interviewees!!
I haven't called to check with the admission team, they might have a better idea or might just be running behind like you said for admin reasons. I'm wondering if they're waiting at all to see which students release their acceptances with the upcoming dates April 15 students can only hold 3 acceptances and April 30, they can only hold 1 acceptance. That's just speculation though, not certain if that's why.

I haven't called to check with the admission team, they might have a better idea or might just be running behind like you said for admin reasons. I'm wondering if they're waiting at all to see which students release their acceptances with the upcoming dates April 15 students can only hold 3 acceptances and April 30, they can only hold 1 acceptance. That's just speculation though, not certain if that's why.
Yup that’s what admissions told me over the phone. April 15th and a lot of movement starting May 1st

same interview date and got the same email

Thank you for sharing.

Received an email today that I'm on the waitlist, hopefully will find out sometime in May. I'm waitlisted at four schools lol. Good luck to everyone else!

OOS, just got the A to the NM campus! Wishing everyone good luck as well!!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 04/01 just got WL today. Does anyone know if there’s any hope of making it off the waitlist this late into the cycle?

Got the call today a little before noon PST!

Interview: 2/20
WL: 3/4
A: 4/17

Very excited to be attending! :)

Interviewed 04/01 just got WL today. Does anyone know if there’s any hope of making it off the waitlist this late into the cycle?
There's more movement around May so don't be too discouraged! Some people were accepted in June from previous threads I looked through. Best of luck to you!

There's more movement around May so don't be too discouraged! Some people were accepted in June from previous threads I looked through. Best of luck to you!
Nice, good to know.

Any ideas for remaining interview dates for this cycle?