2023-2024 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what is the turnaround time between secondary and II? do most people get the interview if they've submitted secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd week of april, could've done earlier but had some conflicts in schedule
Gotcha, nice. I was just curious in terms of how often the interviews are conducted and how many more may be left for this cycle.

Goodluck with your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II interview received today, 496-t98 MCAT, 3.58 GPA. Really excited for this opportunity! I'm waitlisted at 2 schools and have 1 more interview for another school

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! Pls don’t be mean and just don’t answer if you feel this is a dumb question but i was wondering if applying right before deadline is way too late/ impossible to receive an II at this point? I’m not sure the AACOMAS turn around time for verification and receiving secondaries

Hello! Pls don’t be mean and just don’t answer if you feel this is a dumb question but i was wondering if applying right before deadline is way too late/ impossible to receive an II at this point? I’m not sure the AACOMAS turn around time for verification and receiving secondaries
Not a dumb question at all haha. Apparently it can’t hurt-some people in this thread have been waiting since summer and some have submitted a week ago and got an II soon after. I submitted in August, got a secondary a day later and got an II in Feb (resulted in a WL unfortunately)

Not a dumb question at all haha. Apparently it can’t hurt-some people in this thread have been waiting since summer and some have submitted a week ago and got an II soon after. I submitted in August, got a secondary a day later and got an II in Feb (resulted in a WL unfortunately)

Thank you!! What was your turn around time for verification and getting a secondary? & can i know your stats if you don’t mind.

Edit: sorry i see you said 1 day. So you were verified the very next day??

Thank you!! What was your turn around time for verification and getting a secondary? & can i know your stats if you don’t mind.

Edit: sorry i see you said 1 day. So you were verified the very next day??
Sorry I meant they emailed me on August 1st that they received my primary and then the next day they sent me the secondary- but I actually just checked my email history and it all happened the same day lol. 10 AM verified 4PM secondary.

Stats were defff nothing to be excited about- 3.6 cumulative, slightly sub 500 mcat. Cohesive story though and pretty good ECs

Sorry I meant they emailed me on August 1st that they received my primary and then the next day they sent me the secondary- but I actually just checked my email history and it all happened the same day lol. 10 AM verified 4PM secondary.

Stats were defff nothing to be excited about- 3.6 cumulative, slightly sub 500 mcat. Cohesive story though and pretty good ECs

ahh thank you. Just joined so haven’t read through but are all interviews for WL atp?

ahh thank you. Just joined so haven’t read through but are all interviews for WL atp?
Nope- it sounds like some acceptances have still gone out! The school told us on interview that they have good WL movement so don’t panic about a WL. Easier said than done lol I’m trying not to panic

we're in the same boat! I submitted primary earlier this week, got secondary the next day. hoping for II lol

How long until you were verified?
you only get verified once, I got verified over the summer when most of my apps went out and that took about 2-3 weeks. once you are verified for one school, you're verified for everyone. My secondary came the next day because most schools screen for MCAT/GPA requirements

OOS II interview received today, 496-t98 MCAT, 3.58 GPA. Really excited for this opportunity! I'm waitlisted at 2 schools and have 1 more interview for another school

Congrats on your II! Do you know which interview dates are available on the portal? I was complete in Aug but haven’t heard from them yet🥲

you only get verified once, I got verified over the summer when most of my apps went out and that took about 2-3 weeks. once you are verified for one school, you're verified for everyone. My secondary came the next day because most schools screen for MCAT/GPA requirements

Yeah i know all of this just wondering how long AACOM usually takes to verify.

Yeah i know all of this just wondering how long AACOM usually takes to verify.
ohh got it. yea it took 2-3 weeks for initial verification, BCOM screened my app and sent me secondary 1 day after submitting but I was verified in the summer

does anyone know if BCOM vs WCUCOM is the better option? I have an A at WCUCOM and I’m committed there, but I have major ties to Florida and would love to move back there and I have interest in the NM campus as well

Congrats on your II! Do you know which interview dates are available on the portal? I was complete in Aug but haven’t heard from them yet🥲
I don't think I can go back to check after I selected one, but I know there was one at the end of March, April 1st which I signed up for and another one the 2nd week of April as well

• Date: Monday, April 1, 2024
  • Time: Based on your previous selection (AM or PM). As your interview day approaches, you will receive a phone call with a reminder of your selected time.
    • AM: 8 AM - 12 PM MT
    • PM: 1 PM - 5 PM MT
  • Dress: Business professional
  • Photo ID: Valid photo ID to verify identity

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know if BCOM vs WCUCOM is the better option? I have an A at WCUCOM and I’m committed there, but I have major ties to Florida and would love to move back there and I have interest in the NM campus as well
I'm not sure if the same info was given out at each interview but they made it clear that for BCOM there was limited research and any volunteering would be new at the Florida campus so it would be on you to initiate a lot. If that's important to you. Also, the fact that you'd need private loans for Florida and they're only partnered with Sally Mae right now, I just have had bad experiences with Sally Mae but a med school is a med school at the end of the day so I'm not bashing it by any means.

Does anyone have an idea based on previous months' interview schedules potentially how many interview dates there will be available for April 2024?

Does being on the waitlist mean that you are considered for both campuses or just the campus you put a preference at?

Will you be notified if you are not selected for an interview after your secondary or is it appropriate to contact admissions about it? Just wondering if I should expect to hear back or not.

how soon after you submit a secondary can we expect an interview?
I submitted mine in early October and got my ii in late January. Others got their iis earlier or later.

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary on Thursday and just got an II today! Super thankful!!

Reactions: 1 users
Made the tough decision to withdraw my A. This was the first school that gave me an A, so I will always be grateful for that. Hope that my seat goes to one of y'all on the WL! :)

Reactions: 6 users