2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are any current acom students willing to chat about their experience at acom?
I'm a third year at ACOM, feel free to reach out any time!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone from 9/22 interview heard anything yet?
Edit: I just got the A lol!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got A !!! It’s still unbelievable

Congratulations to all the people who got Accepted

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
anyone who's already had an interview--did you not get asked why ACOM? i had my interview already and i am now overthinking if they asked me that and i just didn't answer it in the realm of why medicine/why do o_O

People who got accepted in the previous rounds , how many days it took to get the Acceptance boxes ?

People who got accepted in the previous rounds , how many days it took to get the Acceptance boxes ?
They didn't give it to students last year unless they matriculated. The year before, they sent it out later in the cycle.

anyone who's already had an interview--did you not get asked why ACOM? i had my interview already and i am now overthinking if they asked me that and i just didn't answer it in the realm of why medicine/why do o_O
I got asked this question as a part of another question, and forgot to answer that part and still got an acceptance. Don't stress.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I wasn't asked that question either which I found odd. I'm assuming since it was open file, they probably already had an answer or it wasn't as relevant within the context of the quick 30 minute interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Late post but just so others with similar stats can reference. Interviewed September 15th (virtual) and waitlister soon after. 502 MCAT cGPA: 3.16 sGPA: 3.34. 300+ hours taken, last 128 straight 4.0.

Reactions: 1 users
My interview was so crazy. Honestly didn't mind the why ACOM question but my interviewer was a bch professor and I mentioned bch as one of my favorite classes. He started grilling me on the krebs cycle and glycolysis and asking me what amino acids could be phosphorylated. It definitely took me a minute to remember the answers to those questions.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Did you guys get the Acceptance letters home who all accepted last week?

Late post but just so others with similar stats can reference. Interviewed September 15th (virtual) and waitlister soon after. 502 MCAT cGPA: 3.16 sGPA: 3.34. 300+ hours taken, last 128 straight 4.0.
Hope you hear soon about your acceptance

My interview was so crazy. Honestly didn't mind the why ACOM question but my interviewer was a bch professor and I mentioned bch as one of my favorite classes. He started grilling me on the krebs cycle and glycolysis and asking me what amino acids could be phosphorylated. It definitely took me a minute to remember the answers to those questions.
New fear unlocked

Reactions: 5 users
Been two weeks and haven’t even recieved a secondary weird

I got the A today! Interviewed 10/6.

OOS, GPA 3.69, MCAT 513

LMAO, who is doing this, Does this professor's name rhyme with a French pastry? :rofl:

• Haha
Are we allowed to move our interview dates to earlier if people drop their interviews? I’ve had mine set for late January for a while but that’s so far from now tbh. I’m afraid of seats filling up and interviewing for either a waitlist or just less seats in general.

Are we allowed to move our interview dates to earlier if people drop their interviews? I’ve had mine set for late January for a while but that’s so far from now tbh. I’m afraid of seats filling up and interviewing for either a waitlist or just less seats in general.
Yes just keep checking the events tab every day for an open spot!

don't stress i remember someone saying this school has a lot of waitlist movement.

Hi, did anyone re-schedule their open house? I could not attend the one that I initially scheduled due to work, so re-scheduled it, but there is no option to drop my original appointment. Now Im registered for 2 open house sessions. I contacted ACOM about a week ago, but still no response. :( How long does it take for them to get back to you by email?

I am kind of freaking out right now. I feel like if I don't show up to one of the sessions, it would be an automatic rejection. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated :cryi:

I emailed them a week ago about something different, but still haven't heard back. They were quite quick when I talked to them thru e-mail back in August, but I'm guessing they're quite busy right now. Wouldn't stress about your situation.
Hi, did anyone re-schedule their open house? I could not attend the one that I initially scheduled due to work, so re-scheduled it, but there is no option to drop my original appointment. Now Im registered for 2 open house sessions. I contacted ACOM about a week ago, but still no response. :( How long does it take for them to get back to you by email?

I am kind of freaking out right now. I feel like if I don't show up to one of the sessions, it would be an automatic rejection. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated :cryi:

Has anyone been able to cancel their interview date. I was able to schedule earlier but now it won’t let me unregister from the other so I’m signed up for 2. Spots are filling and I feel bad taking up an extra rn haha

Has anyone been able to cancel their interview date. I was able to schedule earlier but now it won’t let me unregister from the other so I’m signed up for 2. Spots are filling and I feel bad taking up an extra rn haha
How were you able to register to two? I unregistered for a date because I saw that there were more available for the 12/1, 12/8 series but when I clicked register it only took me to the page saying I had registered for an event already. So I unregistered from my January date and there were no December dates anymore. I went back to get back the January date and it was gone too and now I'm freaking out because there's only dates in February available.

I had this happen. I registered for two on accident. You should email the two people referenced in your interview invite email and tell them of the mistake, and which date youd like to keep. Thats what I did and they were helpful.