2023-2024 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had this happen. I registered for two on accident. You should email the two people referenced in your interview invite email and tell them of the mistake, and which date youd like to keep. Thats what I did and they were helpful.
What did you click to be able to register for two? And how were you able to see which dates were open? Because it wouldn't even show me the page with the calendar unless I unregistered.

Members don't see this ad.

How were you able to register to two? I unregistered for a date because I saw that there were more available for the 12/1, 12/8 series but when I clicked register it only took me to the page saying I had registered for an event already. So I unregistered from my January date and there were no December dates anymore. I went back to get back the January date and it was gone too and now I'm freaking out because there's only dates in February available.

One is in person and one is virtual. So I guess that’s why??

One is in person and one is virtual. So I guess that’s why??
yes that's exactly what happened to me. I registered for in-person first and then I realized they have virtual as well. I couldn't cancel the in-person one but I could cancel the virtual one myself. So I reached out to them since I actually wanted virtual.

What did you click to be able to register for two? And how were you able to see which dates were open? Because it wouldn't even show me the page with the calendar unless I unregistered.

I could see other dates available in September when I did it but they only let me register for an October date. the system was a little odd. If you see a date available but it won't let you register I'd reach out to those people on your interview invite email as well. I wish I had.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who already had virtual interviews: what time was it scheduled for? and how long did it last? Trying to plan my interview day ahead :)

For those who already had virtual interviews: what time was it scheduled for? and how long did it last? Trying to plan my interview day ahead :)
So you are assigned a 30 minute 1x1 interview in the morning (time isn't known until the week of the interview) and then you have panels for most of the afternoon.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, guys! I was recently accepted by ACOM. I was wondering if there are any current ACOM students who I can reach out to by private message for questions to learn more about the school. Thanks!

Hey, guys! I was recently accepted by ACOM. I was wondering if there are any current ACOM students who I can reach out to by private message for questions to learn more about the school. Thanks!
Hey, I'm a current third year at ACOM. Feel free to reach out any time! This goes for anyone in the thread. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I interview on 10/27, how long do they usually take to let you know a decision ?

so for the interview u only attend the 30 min interview on the actual II day and then attend the presentation from 1-3:30 on friday and thats it right???

Members don't see this ad :)
so for the interview u only attend the 30 min interview on the actual II day and then attend the presentation from 1-3:30 on friday and thats it right???
there was also an optional student Q&A. I had work so I didn't go. But usually can ask some good questions.

there was also an optional student Q&A. I had work so I didn't go. But usually can ask some good questions.
i’m aware, just trying to make sure i understand correctly. i didnt know i’d have to do anything on friday til today… my other II were all in same day

i’m aware, just trying to make sure i understand correctly. i didnt know i’d have to do anything on friday til today… my other II were all in same day
oh sorry I may have misunderstood. Mine was all in the same day on Friday.

Interviewing here in ~ 2 weeks, anyone know if a lot of seats are filled already?

I originally scheduled to interview on February 2nd and they emailed me last week and moved it to tomorrow. Did anyone else receive an email like this? I am wondering if it was a group of applicants or if they just randomly selected me...

Are there any MS2 here who attended the bootcamp at ACOM?

I originally scheduled to interview on February 2nd and they emailed me last week and moved it to tomorrow. Did anyone else receive an email like this? I am wondering if it was a group of applicants or if they just randomly selected me...

I did! But the email has like so many different dates and has my interview date for Aug 18. I was also told that I was supposed to attend the mandatory presentation on Friday the 3rd (like 2 hours before… and I had work) and then later in the email it said I had to attend on Nov 17. But also the email said it’s the schedule of events for this week. Needless to say, I am confused.

I did! But the email has like so many different dates and has my interview date for Aug 18. I was also told that I was supposed to attend the mandatory presentation on Friday the 3rd (like 2 hours before… and I had work) and then later in the email it said I had to attend on Nov 17. But also the email said it’s the schedule of events for this week. Needless to say, I am confused.

It’s for the Friday. The schedule for the interview day was confusing af since they didn’t put any dates on it

It’s for the Friday. The schedule for the interview day was confusing af since they didn’t put any dates on it

Interview time/day and info sessions are mentioned in the email.

any 10/30 interviewees hear today?

Last edited:
i thought they said we’d hear monday but maybe im wrong. couldve sworn they said they alr made decisions on us

Yeah they said we’d hear back within a week from the interview….

Anyone know how long after interview we should hear back?
It seems like it usually takes a week. For 8/27 and 8/30 interviewees, it does seem like it's taking a couple of extra days. Hopefully, everything is alright and we'll be receiving decisions soon. I'm going to cultivate some patience to cope haha

Reactions: 4 users
I had an interview scheduled for January but they emailed me offering a spot a few days ago and I jumped on that!! I feel like it went well but we'll see 🙏

Reactions: 1 users
got the A via email. interviewed 10/30

Reactions: 3 users
Marked complete and under review today how long did it take for you all to hear back ?

Hi! Got an acceptance email on 10/27, never got a follow up email about putting down a deposit. Wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing. Anyone know how long after the A they send that info?

Hi! Got an acceptance email on 10/27, never got a follow up email about putting down a deposit. Wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing. Anyone know how long after the A they send that info?

I didn’t get my deposit information until about 2-3 weeks after I got my acceptance!

It seems like it usually takes a week. For 8/27 and 8/30 interviewees, it does seem like it's taking a couple of extra days. Hopefully, everything is alright and we'll be receiving decisions soon. I'm going to cultivate some patience to cope haha
Do you think we are also evaluated on the required presentations? Because my interview was 11/6 and I wasn't sure if I could expect a response 1-2 weeks from then or 1-2 weeks after the presentations which are on 11/17 for me. I have them on separate days

Do you think we are also evaluated on the required presentations? Because my interview was 11/6 and I wasn't sure if I could expect a response 1-2 weeks from then or 1-2 weeks after the presentations which are on 11/17 for me. I have them on separate days

Exact same situation! I asked the lady sending the interview emails jf waiting until 11/17 would set us back in the cycle (bc rolling admissions 🥲) and she said “no you are solely evaluated on your 30 min interview and your application.” That prob doesn’t help much bc even if they make the decision now they may not tell us until after. Unsure :/

Exact same situation! I asked the lady sending the interview emails jf waiting until 11/17 would set us back in the cycle (bc rolling admissions 🥲) and she said “no you are solely evaluated on your 30 min interview and your application.” That prob doesn’t help much bc even if they make the decision now they may not tell us until after. Unsure :/
Oh okay thanks for the info! At least we can relax going into the presentations more. Good luck!

OOS WL after 11/6 interview