2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish you the best for the rest of your application cycle, however I am new to SDN so what is a pre-II rejection and how do you know you have been rejected? Did they send you an email or?
II = interview
So pre-II rejection means they turned in their secondary but was rejected before interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else wondering when interviews will come out? Looks like their already 2 weeks delayed from last year...

Reactions: 3 users
I wish you the best for the rest of your application cycle, however I am new to SDN so what is a pre-II rejection and how do you know you have been rejected? Did they send you an email or?
It stands for pre-interview invite rejection. I'm assuming Hippo received an email correspondence stating that he's no longer being considered.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes sorry! Totally forgot to reply. Its a pre-Interview Invite Rejection. I received an email.

OOS MSTP II received today! :)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Attachments

• spongebob-squarepants-krab-borg.gif
    spongebob-squarepants-krab-borg.gif
    321.6 KB · Views: 161
Anyone else wondering when interviews will come out? Looks like their already 2 weeks delayed from last year...
I got an email from MSTP about four days ago saying it would be a few more weeks before they start scheduling MD interviews, as they've changed their process from last year.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else get the “On Ramps” virtual event email? Is this an information session? It looks like different dates cover different topics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get the “On Ramps” virtual event email? Is this an information session? It looks like different dates cover different topics.
I did. Not sure if they are sending that to everyone or just those who already submitted their supplemental applications.

I did. Not sure if they are sending that to everyone or just those who already submitted their supplemental applications.
I haven't submitted my secondary (waiting to get verified) and I got that email

Do we think it's too late for me to submit my primary (already verified) to this school

I did.....and I already got rejected from Wayne state....

• Care
Do we think it's too late for me to submit my primary (already verified) to this school
I don't think so, it's still early August. I just added a few more schools yesterday.

Another update from the tracker! I bet IIs will start soon

1691672820213.png

Reactions: 6 users
I wonder why II's are very delayed this year compared to previous years...

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder why II's are very delayed this year compared to previous years...
Pure speculation but I feel that the SCOTUS ruling was a major curveball for adcoms

Reactions: 2 users
Nobody:
Me: refreshing this page 6969 times a day

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Nobody:
I open SDN every 30 minutes and stare at the bell icon location before the page even loads up. Mods need to ban me for my own sanity lowkey.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Admissions tracker hasn’t updated since 8/9. I wonder when IIs are coming

• Hmm
Nobody:
You're not alone. I made this account the last time I applied just so I could refresh Wayne State's forum because I interviewed early and got the WL, and that ended up being my only II that cycle lol

You're not alone. I made this account the last time I applied just so I could refresh Wayne State's forum because I interviewed early and got the WL, and that ended up being my only II that cycle lol

[mention]Bazinga12 [/mention] how early and what are your stats?

For a school that has 1,000+ interviews to complete, very surprised they haven't sent out invites yet!

Reactions: 5 users
For a school that has 1,000+ interviews to complete, very surprised they haven't sent out invites yet!

Really? I thought they had a 60% post-II As. According to the 2021 data sheet that was going around on another thread.

There will usually be an email and that means a rejection before having an Interview ( II means Interview Invitation on SDN message boards )

This is random, but when do we have the opportunity to apply for scholarships that some schools offer? Is that after the acceptance?

Question, I submitted my primary to Wayne State before I ended up getting a position teaching and decided to put med school on pause but I got an email yesterday. Has anyone got anything like this and understand what it means??
486ABAC8-3BEE-4B39-BB10-018D3E3967C4.jpeg

Question, I submitted my primary to Wayne State before I ended up getting a position teaching and decided to put med school on pause but I got an email yesterday. Has anyone got anything like this and understand what it means??View attachment 376306
@DesW he is probably reaching out as the DEI Dean to see if you have questions about applying or about the school. If you turned in a primary but not a secondary he may not know you decided to pause your med school applications for now.

Question, I submitted my primary to Wayne State before I ended up getting a position teaching and decided to put med school on pause but I got an email yesterday. Has anyone got anything like this and understand what it means??View attachment 376306
Lots of schools send these types of emails to recruit URMs

[mention]Bazinga12 [/mention] how early and what are your stats?
Last time I applied, I received an II from them 9/2/21, interviewed on 10/29/21, received a WL on 11/8/21, and received a rejection 4/26/22.

Stats:
ugGPA: 3.6
bcpm: 3.47