2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if the interviews are MMI or traditional, I can't find the answer in the emails or website. Thanks!
2 traditional interviews

Members don't see this ad.

is core ii received today, complete early july i dont recall the date/received an email

OOS select II this morning! LM 74.9, no idea when complete but submitted early July I think :)

Out of curiosity does anyone know if it’s possible to get invited for a core interview later in the cycle even after interviewing for select? Or does interviewing for select automatically take you out of consideration for core?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS select II this morning! LM 74.9, no idea when complete but submitted early July I think :)

Out of curiosity does anyone know if it’s possible to get invited for a core interview later in the cycle even after interviewing for select? Or does interviewing for select automatically take you out of consideration for core?
Same happened to me, my understanding is that you take what you get so it’s either select or nothing

Same happened to me, my understanding is that you take what you get so it’s either select or nothing
I think I've seen in some past threads applicants who were interviewed for both. Not sure if they received IIs for both at the same time, though.

Does anyone know why I would get two one-hour interviews instead of just one? They said in the email that you could get two but I am just wondering is there is an actual reason, I am OOS so maybe that is why.

Does anyone know why I would get two one-hour interviews instead of just one? They said in the email that you could get two but I am just wondering is there is an actual reason, I am OOS so maybe that is why.
It says for scheduling purposes in the email

Hey y'all, just popping in to say I'm an MS3 in the SELECT program. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions about the school or SELECT specifically. (although I might be a little slow in replying because of busy rotations). Best of luck!
I took a look at the curriculum maps for SELECT and Core. The Scholarly Concentrations in the Core program were replaced by SELECT I-IV. Is it true that the SELECT program doesn't have Scholarly Concentrations? And if so, what does "SELECT I-IV" entail? The bottom of this page talks about the SELECT Capstone course and "Domains" in the SELECT program - not sure if these are their version of scholarly concentrations.

After the interview, how long do they take to send their decision? In previous threads somewhere I saw they send it 15th of every month? Is it true. please anyone confirm

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I took a look at the curriculum maps for SELECT and Core. The Scholarly Concentrations in the Core program were replaced by SELECT I-IV. Is it true that the SELECT program doesn't have Scholarly Concentrations? And if so, what does "SELECT I-IV" entail? The bottom of this page talks about the SELECT Capstone course and "Domains" in the SELECT program - not sure if these are their version of scholarly concentrations.
SELECT M1 here. We don’t have to do the scholarly concentrations, but in return we have to attend a once-weekly, 3 hour session discussing the SELECT values in small groups. This group of ~8 students will be together all 4 years, even once we move up to Pennsylvania.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My first interview was with a faculty member and I feel like I did horrible. It was scheduled for an hour but they ended it after 30 minutes.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My first interview was with a faculty member and I feel like I did horrible. It was scheduled for an hour but they ended it after 30 minutes.
Mine also was around 30 minutes with the faculty, I wouldn’t stress too much about it!!

After the interview, how long do they take to send their decision? In previous threads somewhere I saw they send it 15th of every month? Is it true. please anyone confirm
The earliest the AAMC allows acceptances is October 15th

Did anyone get emails about the info sessions after their interview?

Yeah I was confused since the first round of decisions should be going out around 10/15, so not sure if the info sessions would need to be before that

Had a great interview experience here! First faculty was about 45 mins + questions, and the second was 30 minutes + questions. Very warm and welcoming!

Do we think they’ll release A’s on Sunday the 15th or wait till Monday? Last year they did it on Saturday but I’m not sure if Sunday is less likely.

Do we think they’ll release A’s on Sunday the 15th or wait till Monday? Last year they did it on Saturday but I’m not sure if Sunday is less likely.
I got a Post Interview email outlining this:

Admissions Decision Timeline

We try our best to provide notification of the outcome of an applicant’s interview in a timely manner. Our office will notify applicants of their admissions decision within 6-8 weeks post interview. All admissions decisions are made via U.S. postal mail. The letter will be sent to the preferred address per your primary AMCAS application. To avoid any delays in communication, please ensure that your preferred phone number, email address, and mailing address are up to date in AMCAS.

So not really clear if it's one way or the other!

CORE II this morning!! IS, ORM and LM score of 80.6. my first II and one of my top choices, i’m actually crying rn!!

edit: complete last week of july i think?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Should we send thank you letters to the interviewers themselves or to the admissions email? We do get to see the interviewers and their emails in the calendar invite email

Should we send thank you letters to the interviewers themselves or to the admissions email? We do get to see the interviewers and their emails in the calendar invite email
I did some high intensity research to find their emails from USF's website & sent it to them directly!

For those who have interviewed already, was the interview open or closed file? SDN interview feedback indicated open file but AAMC document and MSAR indicates closed.

For those who have interviewed already, was the interview open or closed file? SDN interview feedback indicated open file but AAMC document and MSAR indicates closed.
I believe closed file, my student interviewer told me she did not have access to any of my application

Any current USF students lurking that could perhaps share why they chose/what attracted them to the USF MD program/what they like about the MD program so far?

Is at least one of the interviews open file?
I don’t think so, at least if it was then my faculty interviewer did not bring up any of my activities or anything from my app. They have a set list of questions they mostly stick to and then some follow up questions based off those

I think they have a choice. My student interviewer had my file and was actively looking through it while asking me her questions, but the faculty member told me he wanted his first impression to be from the interview so he kept it closed until after

To those who have interviewed already, how long after you interviewed did you get the email/zoom link for the admissions day/info sessions?

To those who have interviewed already, how long after you interviewed did you get the email/zoom link for the admissions day/info sessions?
I don't think anyone has received that. We've only been told it will be within 6 weeks we receive a decision and we'll be updated on the info sessions later. I think they're waiting on releasing the first batch of regular decisions before they start arranging the presentation days

II IS LM 74, about 30 min ago complete early August

Last edited:
IS II received around 1 pm complete late July?? (they never sent me a confirmation so idk haha) LM 77!

I can finally make my first post!! IS II received today! Complete 8/23, LM 81

Reactions: 6 users
I don't think anyone has received that. We've only been told it will be within 6 weeks we receive a decision and we'll be updated on the info sessions later. I think they're waiting on releasing the first batch of regular decisions before they start arranging the presentation days
I received my info session invite about 10 days after my I did my interview

Any september interviewers know when we should expect decisions?