2023-2024 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will be sending the first monthly update email tomorrow with which 1/3 of the WL an application is currently in. I will continue to send those updates through April/May. We don't give out the exact number on the list unless it is much later in the season and I call you or email you to tell you that you are up next so you know the chances are high of being offered if a spot opens.
Thank you for the explanation. Based on previous years, approx how many WL IS applicants are offered admission between Nov-March?

Members don't see this ad.

Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Poole. If you could share how far on the instate waist list you guys went last year? Thank you.

We are currently showing on target for AMCAS applications received (~5K), however, there is always a good chunk that either don't meet our minimum criteria for a secondary app or don't finish their secondary app so they are not in contention for an interview spot.
GM Ms. Poole, I have one Q: does UCF send out rejection email/letter if they decided not to invite that student for interview? If yes, when will it be? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
are you guys preparing for the virtual visit and if so how? or is it mostly just listening to presentations?

are you guys preparing for the virtual visit and if so how? or is it mostly just listening to presentations?
you do not need to prepare, its basically an info session. Its a good place to get your questions answered but no need to prepare

Reactions: 2 users
Just got waitlisted after my interview in late October. Still hopeful though since this is definitely my top choice at the moment!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
GM Ms. Poole, I have one Q: does UCF send out rejection email/letter if they decided not to invite that student for interview? If yes, when will it be? Thank you!
We usually don't send out rejected letters to those we decide not to interview until after interviews conclude in February.

Hello everyone,

I am pretty excited that I got selected for an interview with UCF COM. I have two questions. Since UCF has two interview dates, how far apart should I schedule them? What I am aware of right now is that earlier is obviously better, but not how far apart I need to schedule them. The second one is, is it better to schedule it during the afternoon or evening?

Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone,

I am pretty excited that I got selected for an interview with UCF COM. I have two questions. Since UCF has two interview dates, how far apart should I schedule them? What I am aware of right now is that earlier is obviously better, but not how far apart I need to schedule them. The second one is, is it better to schedule it during the afternoon or evening?

Thank you in advance!
From my understanding, its based on your personal preference. I scheduled mine for the same day back to back since I work from 9-5 and needed to complete them after work.

Hi Mrs. Poole,
I am an in state applicant with very competitive stats who submitted on the first day as UCF is my top choice. I have not received an II yet and am wondering since my application has almost certainly been reviewed, is there is a scenario/mechanism in place where your admissions team goes back and re-reviews applications as the cycle moves along? It appears the interviews currently being given out are applicants who applied in the fall, so I am asking whether I have been pretty much been passed over or realistically can still receive an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
is top of middle third as an OOS applicant a good spot to be to eventually get an A?

is top of middle third as an OOS applicant a good spot to be to eventually get an A?
Last years thread shows for OOS, that was a good place to be. But, If you don’t mind my asking, how do you know that you are in the top of the middle third? Are all the top, middle and bottom thirds broken down further into halves or thirds? And if so, where can that info be found? Thank you and good luck to you.

I guess if I did not received invitation by now, the Dec process is over. Hoping for Jan. 2024?

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the explanation. Based on previous years, approx how many WL IS applicants are offered admission between Nov-March?
It varies year to year. We usually admit approximately 100-120 off the alternate list between the in state and out of state each year.

Hi Mrs. Poole,
I am an in state applicant with very competitive stats who submitted on the first day as UCF is my top choice. I have not received an II yet and am wondering since my application has almost certainly been reviewed, is there is a scenario/mechanism in place where your admissions team goes back and re-reviews applications as the cycle moves along? It appears the interviews currently being given out are applicants who applied in the fall, so I am asking whether I have been pretty much been passed over or realistically can still receive an II?
I generally make interview invites through early/mid February so there is still plenty of time to be called.

In most years, yes, that is a strong position to be in. It's still very early to know how much movement there will be on the list, but if history is on your side, you stand a good chance of getting an offer.

Last years thread shows for OOS, that was a good place to be. But, If you don’t mind my asking, how do you know that you are in the top of the middle third? Are all the top, middle and bottom thirds broken down further into halves or thirds? And if so, where can that info be found? Thank you and good luck to you.
We would let you know when you receive a monthly update email which half of which third you are in. I'll probably send the next update later this month.

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance!
Hello. You have to schedule them both on the same day. It doesn't matter what time during the day they are scheduled. It has no impact on the outcome. Hope that helps.

was it upper middle or lower middle. also do people shift waitlist positions after notable updates such as publications?
It was the bottom of the upper-middle. You are not reviewed again once you have been reviewed by the committee so updates won't have an impact on your place on the WL.

I'll be scheduling interviews through early/mid Feb. There is still plenty of time!
Hey Mrs. Poole I was wondering if you guys accept letters of interest before an interview offer? If so, can I upload it under the document upload tab on the secondary application?

Hey Mrs. Poole I was wondering if you guys accept letters of interest before an interview offer? If so, can I upload it under the document upload tab on the secondary application?
Yes, you can upload a letter to the secondary site and then just email us to let us know. Just to be clear, a letter of interest does not guarantee an interview.

Yes, you can upload a letter to the secondary site and then just email us to let us know. Just to be clear, a letter of interest does not guarantee an interview.
Hi, I submitted a couple update letters on the portal over the past 4-5 months and never sent an email. Should I send one now?

can any students speak about the frequency of exams in pre-clinical years? Are they every Monday as some med schools do, or are they in monthly block?

Great! I uploaded a letter to the document upload section and sent an email to let you know. Just to confirm the email should be sent to [email protected], correct?

WL in the upper half of middle 1/3 ;(. This is my top choice but both of my other MD acceptances have commit to enroll deadline on June 15th. Hoping I get off the waitlist before that ;((
Isn’t the commit to enroll deadline April 30th?

Hi Mrs. Poole,
Hello, We are still scheduling interviews and will be for the next couple of weeks. Applications are reviewed and people are invited to interview, but not necessarily in the order they are received. Many factors are considered as we batch applications and invite for interviews. Just because you are the first to apply does not make an application overall more competitive.

Isn’t the commit to enroll deadline April 30th?
Each school has their own CTE. Very few have an April 30th deadline as we are not supposed to force applicants to commit more than a month or so before school starts.

WL in the upper half of middle 1/3 ;(. This is my top choice but both of my other MD acceptances have commit to enroll deadline on June 15th. Hoping I get off the waitlist before that ;((
There's a good chance you'll know your chances before June 15th.

You can, but it isn't necessary. If you have accepted the interview offer, we presume you are still interested.

Glad to here, thank you for the information! I had been going through previous few years SDN threads and it made me feel like most WL acceptances for upper middle 1/3 dont go out till june end.
Not necessarily. Just depends on how the list moves, which can vary from year to year.

Super excited to get a OOS II Today (1/29)! Currently there are only interview times for next week (2/4). Does anyone know if/when additional interview times will be posted for the week of 2/11?

Also does UCF hold interviews on the same day as the virtual visits? That would make scheduling much easier with my job.

Hi, I submitted a couple update letters on the portal over the past 4-5 months and never sent an email. Should I send one now?
Hi Mrs. Poole, I'm in the same scenario as the above applicant. I know you said that we should email your office to let them know about a letter uploaded to the secondary portal. Should we still do this if we've uploaded a few updates but haven't already emailed Admissions saying that we did?

OOS A a couple of days ago from WL!!
I was upper half of upper 1/3rd!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users