2023-2024 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any oos get a secondary yet after the initial essay thing?
i haven't gotten one yet. They told me at an admissions thing that they didn't start reviewing oos apps until mid-November. So hopefully that means we might get something soon

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has this school started to review OOS applicants yet or sent the second secondary?
I spoke to a current student who's friends with a person in admissions, and she said that MUSC won't start interviewing OOS applicants until the new year (take with a grain of salt), but it makes sense.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who submitted an update letter get the weird admissions inquiry email? Does that mean they received it?

Hey all I am a current musc student and remember checking this last year with questions. Please be free to ask questions and whenever I can I’ll respond.
I had a few questions I wasn't really able to find answers to (or I don't remember from my interview day):

What's the culture like? MUSC is my top choice but i'm concerned with being able to find a good group of friends with a class size that large, I don't want to get lost in the sea of people.
How annoying is the parking situation?
How often do you have to go in for mandatory things? Are tests based on in house lectures or are third party resources commonly used to score well?
Does the school do social events or do people just stick to their friend groups?
How hard is it to find research connections/EC activities? I know it's a research powerhouse but with the class size I am worried about things being sharked up quickly. (I do remember this being discussed during interview but idk if I was getting the real answer)

Has MUSC rejected anyone post interview or does everyone not accepted get placed on hold?

Does anyone know when they will send out financial information like scholarships?

Hey all, current M1 happy to answer questions you guys may have

Hey all, current M1 happy to answer questions you guys may have
Hey, sorry to repost but the other student prob got busy and never answered so here they are again:

I had a few questions I wasn't really able to find answers to (or I don't remember from my interview day):

What's the culture like? MUSC is my top choice but i'm concerned with being able to find a good group of friends with a class size that large, I don't want to get lost in the sea of people.
How often do you have to go in for mandatory things? Are tests based on in house lectures or are third party resources commonly used to score well?
Does the school do social events or do people just stick to their friend groups?
How hard is it to find research connections/EC activities? I know it's a research powerhouse but with the class size I am worried about things being sharked up quickly. (I do remember this being discussed during interview but idk if I was getting the real answer)

Hey, sorry to repost but the other student prob got busy and never answered so here they are again:

Yes I got really busy. Hopefully you all will be this busy a year from now! MUSC is huge but you make friends pretty easily. Between small groups and seminars and anatomy you can make friends. It is very large though. The parking situation sucks honestly. Park at Hagood and they have a shuttle that takes you to campus (7 min ride). Each week I would say we have an average of 2-3 days of mandatory lectures or activities. Those may last 1 hour a day or may be 4-5. Average is 2 hours when there are mandatories. Tests are based off of in house lectures and are really fair. Most people do well. I don’t use any third party resources and still do well. There are social events but not too often. Don’t have much time anyways. I haven’t started research but I believe it won’t be too hard to find something but I am not entirely sure.

Yes I got really busy. Hopefully you all will be this busy a year from now! MUSC is huge but you make friends pretty easily. Between small groups and seminars and anatomy you can make friends. It is very large though. The parking situation sucks honestly. Park at Hagood and they have a shuttle that takes you to campus (7 min ride). Each week I would say we have an average of 2-3 days of mandatory lectures or activities. Those may last 1 hour a day or may be 4-5. Average is 2 hours when there are mandatories. Tests are based off of in house lectures and are really fair. Most people do well. I don’t use any third party resources and still do well. There are social events but not too often. Don’t have much time anyways. I haven’t started research but I believe it won’t be too hard to find something but I am not entirely sure.

I agree with everything this person said. I will add that 180 is large but not too big. If you apply yourself properly you will not get swallowed up.

Does anybody know the exact day in February OOS decisions were sent last year? Thanks!

OH okay good lol you scared me, I'm OOS with ties and haven't heard a word since submitting the supplemental :cryi: hoping they just haven't sent anything to OOS applicants yet
Supposedly theres a full other secondary on top of the initial essays for OOS has anyone gotten that?

anyone know of an accepted students facebook page or group chat or anything?

Hey! I was wondering if it is normal to receive feedback post interview that you need to be re-interviewed by 2 additional people? Has anyone else gotten this feedback?