2023-2024 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good morning Dr. Poole
Regarding secondaries and interview invites, do interview invites to people who submitted at a later time compared to you indicate that you are out of the running?
Thank you very much
Good Afternoon. Interview invites are not first-come, first-serve. We have six teams of faculty reviewing approximately 20 applications a week (120/wk) to determine who they think should be invited for an interview. From there I will send out about 17 invites a week. So there could be a number of reasons why a person who submitted all of their materials earlier/later has received an invite. For reference, we will have about 3K applications completed and only 500 will get an interview. We've only invited 3 weeks worth of interviews at this point and will be interviewing through February so unless you don't meet minimum criteria, no one is rejected or out of the running at this early stage.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you so much Mrs. Poole
This makes me and others feel better with this stressful wait. I noticed that you said that you will have about 3000 applications, do you expect a drop from last year as there was about 5000 applicant?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much Mrs. Poole
This makes me and others feel better with this stressful wait. I noticed that you said that you will have about 3000 applications, do you expect a drop from last year as there was about 5000 applicant?
We are currently showing on target for AMCAS applications received (~5K), however, there is always a good chunk that either don't meet our minimum criteria for a secondary app or don't finish their secondary app so they are not in contention for an interview spot.

Reactions: 1 user
for the virtual visit, is the attire as formal as the interview? im unsure if to come in the same getup or be much more casual

Members don't see this ad :)
II last week, IS, URM, complete in the beginning on July

acceptance received earlier today! interviewed mid september

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
got the A call about an hour ago! so excited!

Edit: Data Collection:

OOS, 2° received 7/5, app complete 7/31, II 8/28, interviewed 9/7, A 10/16

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is it true / accurate that their Post-II acceptance rate for OOS students is ~ 74%?

Is it true / accurate that their Post-II acceptance rate for OOS students is ~ 74%?
@goat12 We have so far received 2,475 out of state apps out of 4800. Our secondary deadline is not until December 1 so I dont have an exact number on how many will be completed, but I can tell you we will interview about 175 non Floridians and accept maybe 90-100 of those to fill our ~40 out of state seats. Hope that clarifies.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi Mrs. Poole, are you able to share about how many more interviews will be sent out/up until when?

IS A, this morning! First one of the cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Hi Ms. Poole and fellow applicants!

I don’t know if this question can be answered, but how many people (or how often) are OOS applicants accepted straight away without being put on the waiting list? Thank you!

Hi Ms. Poole and fellow applicants!

I don’t know if this question can be answered, but how many people (or how often) are OOS applicants accepted straight away without being put on the waiting list? Thank you!
I wouldn't get discouraged. Last year, they flewwww through the OOS WL. I was on the IS list and was super super close to being accepted (like, super close) and was so jealous with how much the OOS WL was moving - last year it moved faster than the IS list which appeared to be different than historically.

• Care
I wouldn't get discouraged. Last year, they flewwww through the OOS WL. I was on the IS list and was super super close to being accepted (like, super close) and was so jealous with how much the OOS WL was moving - last year it moved faster than the IS list which appeared to be different than historically.
I hope they accept you this year!

• Care
@goat12 We have so far received 2,475 out of state apps out of 4800. Our secondary deadline is not until December 1 so I dont have an exact number on how many will be completed, but I can tell you we will interview about 175 non Floridians and accept maybe 90-100 of those to fill our ~40 out of state seats. Hope that clarifies.
Thank you for being so transparent about how many secondary applications you have received this far. I almost didn't submit a few more because I was told by 'Application Academy' that it was too late.😩

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi Ms. Poole! I was wondering if receiving an interview invite means an applicant has satisfied the academic prerequisites at UCF COM? Thank you!

Are the interviews open or closed file?
From MSAR, "Two, partially closed, virtual interviews. Interviewers will not have access to academic institutions, grades, MCAT scores or letters . Interviewees will receive instructions prior to their interview date."

From MSAR, "Two, partially closed, virtual interviews. Interviewers will not have access to academic institutions, grades, MCAT scores or letters . Interviewees will receive instructions prior to their interview date."
For my interview, one interviewer talked about specific details in my personal statement, and the other inteviewer talked about specific research experience that I listed in my activities section. So ig they have access to at least those two

How do you know where you fall on the IS wait list? Do they give you a number?

When you first get waitlisted, you are told what third of the waitlist you are in (such as upper 1/3, middle 1/3, and lower 1/3) and they may even say if you are upper/lower within that specific third. I'm not sure when they can disclose your exact number within the waitlist (because it changes every day as people are added), but once they start moving through the waitlist with acceptances in March-ish you could probably email and ask for a specific number.

When you first get waitlisted, you are told what third of the waitlist you are in (such as upper 1/3, middle 1/3, and lower 1/3) and they may even say if you are upper/lower within that specific third. I'm not sure when they can disclose your exact number within the waitlist (because it changes every day as people are added), but once they start moving through the waitlist with acceptances in March-ish you could probably email and ask for a specific number.
Thank you.

Hi! For anyone supposed to hear back about their interview next week, do we know how likely we are to hear before the Thanksgiving break? Or is it more likely to hear the next week?

Hi! For anyone supposed to hear back about their interview next week, do we know how likely we are to hear before the Thanksgiving break? Or is it more likely to hear the next week?
Interviewed on 10/30, was told I would heard back after 11/28

I will be sending the first monthly update email tomorrow with which 1/3 of the WL an application is currently in. I will continue to send those updates through April/May. We don't give out the exact number on the list unless it is much later in the season and I call you or email you to tell you that you are up next so you know the chances are high of being offered if a spot opens.

We try to maintain an acceptance list that looks like what we hope to matriculate in August. So normally 35% of those who are accepted each week come from out of state. Many will come off the waitlist over time because the turnover is higher. We have highly qualified out of state students, many of which who will be admitted into a program in their home state, so understandably they usually accept that offer over ours. Therefore, more offers will typically be made to fill those seats.

Have any OS II for people with strong ties to FL been sent out yet?

Have any OS II for people with strong ties to FL been sent out yet?
I actually don’t know how I’m being considered - I have family in Fl and I live here, but at the time I applied I don’t think I would have qualified as in-state. I interviewed last month!