2023-2024 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw that someone said they state on the portal that OOS applicants won't hear back until November/December, but I don't see any of that information in my portal. Have any OOS applicants received the secondary app where we actually pay the application fee? As opposed to supplemental app with just the essays alone.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that someone said they state on the portal that OOS applicants won't hear back until November/December, but I don't see any of that information in my portal. Have any OOS applicants received the secondary app where we actually pay the application fee? As opposed to supplemental app with just the essays alone.
I haven't

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How does it work with the third interview and when do we schedule it?
You'll get the contact for the 3rd interview soon after your interview day by email, and then you'll have to reach out to them to schedule an interview; I sent my availabilities with an email and it seemed to work fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Did any OOS applicant get an actual secondary yet? The one where you have to pay the fee? I have not received mine.

Did any OOS applicant get an actual secondary yet? The one where you have to pay the fee? I have not received mine.
I asked them at the AAMC med school fair and they said they don't start sending out OOS secondaries or interviews until mid-November

RD IS II received today! Complete 10/2 although I submitted secondary 9/21 (took awhile for my school to send the committee letter)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else put on hold? Do you think we will have to wait until the waitlist in April to hear anything else?

Anyone else put on hold? Do you think we will have to wait until the waitlist in April to hear anything else?
I was. People get off hold at each of the admissions meetings MUSC has at the end of the month, based on previous years threads. The way I see it is that since we interviewed early, they’re still interested in us as applicants, but want to wait until they interview more people before deciding how many people to accept off of hold.

Is there any thread/groupme/FB for accepted students? Or connecting with current ones?

Hey all I am a current musc student and remember checking this last year with questions. Please be free to ask questions and whenever I can I’ll respond.

Hey all I am a current musc student and remember checking this last year with questions. Please be free to ask questions and whenever I can I’ll respond.
Thanks for doing this! What are the odds of getting off hold? Like approximately what percent of people on hold get accepted eventually?

Assuming you mean the decisions that are supposed to come out today I have not heard anything yet but they did say it could be well into evening time
Have y’all heard anything yet or still waiting??

Still waiting… I’d assume they would be done calling by now though since it’s almost 9. But I haven’t received an email yet either
same here..here's to hoping their meeting just took a long time (or they moved it to a different day) and we don't receive the dreaded email

Reactions: 2 users
same here..here's to hoping their meeting just took a long time (or they moved it to a different day) and we don't receive the dreaded email
Last year I received my on hold email before 8:30… I find it odd they haven’t sent them out yet either

Anyone heard anything yet or are we all still waiting?

I was reasonably sure that hearing nothing meant that i'd be receiving the hold email, but with nobody reporting hearing anything I am regaining hope that something else happened and we'll hear tomorrow or later..surely they didn't dislike all of us, right? Right?!

Thanks for doing this! What are the odds of getting off hold? Like approximately what percent of people on hold get accepted eventually?
Hey, I was on hold then was waitlisted in April and then accepted in May. There’s hope! I do not know how many get put on hold/waitlisted but I know there’s numerous people who get accepted off waitlist.

I was reasonably sure that hearing nothing meant that i'd be receiving the hold email, but with nobody reporting hearing anything I am regaining hope that something else happened and we'll hear tomorrow or later..surely they didn't dislike all of us, right? Right?!
Probably will hear tomorrow or later this week if calls/emails havent come yet. Please don’t let the worry get to you.

Reactions: 2 users
This is my first application attempt for any med-school cycle. However, I am sure of this: they told us, post interview, that we would hear something, (hold or A), tonight via email or both email and phone call.

Because others on this forum, others I know, as well as myself received nothing, I believe we should not stress. Something must have happened that postponed all decisions, and/or the committee meeting. Furthermore, I know some in-state applicants that haven’t received an II yet. Although, I personally know how tough it is to spend all evening in anticipation of this eventual nothing; I am going to sleep easy tonight. Remember it is out of our hands, and we are doing phenomenal to have gotten this far this early. This group will surely hear sometime this week, hopefully tomorrow, so I’m doing my best to go about business as usual until I hear otherwise.

Finally, I’m more than willing to converse with my potential future classmates about this time, so please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best wishes to all!

Someone I know got the acceptance call yesterday between 5-6 pm, but they also mentioned that someone that interviewed us will call us. Maybe some just didn’t have time yesterday

Someone I know got the acceptance call yesterday between 5-6 pm, but they also mentioned that someone that interviewed us will call us. Maybe some just didn’t have time yesterday
That actually gives me some hope, my outside interviewer told me she wasn’t going to be at the admissions meeting this week because of an awards ceremony. She was also the one who told me our interview went fantastic and she was hoping I would become a student there. Hopefully maybe that’s why they haven’t sent emails out yet because maybe they are still making calls

still waiting... seems like a lot of people are still waiting

I got the call yesterday. I doubt admissions is going to respond to any emails or calls regarding this delay. There could be a number of explanations as to why they aren't sending results to some of you, but you will eventually be notified. If I had to guess, it could just be conflicting schedules where some AdCom members couldn't meet yesterday.