2023-2024 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm only seeing two dates though and the times for both are midnight? lol I'm in CST for reference

They’ll give you a time between 8-5 EST once you schedule.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else from SELECT heard back yet.. interviewed 9/15 and am #scared

Accepted!!!!! Just got the letter yesterday but it was dated oct 11

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any deadlines to take action?
I emailed the admissions email asking when we have to return the acceptance acknowledgement and technical standards. Their response:

"The two forms are non-binding and you have until April 30th to make a final decision. The Acceptance Acknowledgement form is simply a way for you to let us know that you have been accepted. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us."

This seems too good to be true? No deposit and no need to submit anything or secure our seat in some way? What do yall think?

I emailed the admissions email asking when we have to return the acceptance acknowledgement and technical standards. Their response:

"The two forms are non-binding and you have until April 30th to make a final decision. The Acceptance Acknowledgement form is simply a way for you to let us know that you have been accepted. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us."

This seems too good to be true? No deposit and no need to submit anything or secure our seat in some way? What do yall think?
I’m also really taken aback by this. I got into another school too and they also said there’s no need to pay the deposit until April 30th. Really weirded out by it I was expecting to spend a bunch of money on deposits lol. I guess I’ll take it tho 😂

This is pretty standard for MD schools. It’s the DO schools that often ask for a substantial deposit.
It’s courteous to reply to their offer with thanks, and they know people can hold more than one offer until April

Missed call, hope's dance,
Letter whispers destiny,
Acceptance, hearts glance.

Translated: My missed call last Monday was followed by an acceptance received in mail today!
(Interview was Sep 28)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I originally got two interviews and then one was cancelled, I know in the email they said it could be one or two interviews—has anyone else just had one? It seems like a lot of ppl have had two haha

I originally got two interviews and then one was cancelled, I know in the email they said it could be one or two interviews—has anyone else just had one? It seems like a lot of ppl have had two haha

I only had one, one got cancelled last minute.

Have any first week of October interviewees gotten an A yet? Are they still doing calls or would they just send a letter in the mail?

Have any first week of October interviewees gotten an A yet? Are they still doing calls or would they just send a letter in the mail?

Seems like in past years they give decisions on the 14-15 of every month.

Columbia

Harvard

John Hopkins

Mayo Clinic

Northwestern

NYU

UPenn

Stanford

UChicago

UVA

Vandy

Cornell

Washington St Louis

Yale

These are the only schools (aka all household names) which have higher MCAT and GPA averages than USF (3.92/518). Received an II here and have decent stats myself, but just wondering if this is a testament to the values of the school. Is it pretty “gunnery”?

Reactions: 3 users
OOS II received 10/27, secondary complete 9/5

Got an invite to the virtual info session 11/7.

Anyone know how "optional" these sessions are? I have an exam the day after the sessions so I will likely skip one of the 3 sessions so I can go to class.
I didn’t go to any of the three sessions bc of work and got an A but n=1, I think they are more for your own benefit rather than an admissions criteria

OOS II for Select. I applied to CORE but they offered me SELECT. From scrolling here it seems that this happens to many OOS students.

If I refuse the SELECT can I still interview for CORE? Is SELECT worth it?

OOS II for Select. I applied to CORE but they offered me SELECT. From scrolling here it seems that this happens to many OOS students.

If I refuse the SELECT can I still interview for CORE? Is SELECT worth it
AFAIK, there are two separate committees for CORE vs SELECT since SELECT is run in conjunction with Lehigh Valley Health Network. Therefore, CORE is considered a public program favoring IS applicants whereas SELECT is technically privately run. So when the CORE committee reviews OOS applications, they will often pass competitive applications on to the SELECT committee. I don't think receiving a SELECT interview means you cannot also receive a CORE interview, however I don't think refusing the interview will change whether or not you get an interview for CORE since they seem to be separately run committees.

The SELECT program seems to be pretty similar for preclinical since you'll be in Tampa with CORE students. For clinical, you'll be in Allentown, PA. SELECT students seem to match less frequently in Florida than CORE, but that's probably no surprise considering the IS/OOS breakdown.

Sorry if someone asked this before, but what is the dress code for the USF post-interview presentations? I could not seem to find it anywhere. Also, if I have a conflict for parts of the presentation, will that affect my chances of admissions (since it is highly encouraged but not mandatory)?
+1 because I have work and would do it in my scrubs in break room if I could

II OOS for SELECT. Only applied to CORE, submitted 8/11.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who interviewed for SELECT 10/2 hear a decision yet? I realized my mailing address is my parents house and they are out of town so can't check the mail :)

Anyone have thoughts on the strength of the residency match at USF? I know this has been discussed in years prior, and there were concerns about a lot of students having to SOAP in 2020/2021. Is this still the case? I appreciate any insight on this. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!

Last edited:
yall... I have a question about the interview times & time zones. is the time you receive in EST? Or do you just assume the calendar invite time is automatically synced to your time zone?

My email said EST and the calendar invite was in UTC. I think you should convert it to your time zone based on what the calendar marks it as.