2023-2024 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
emailed admissions yesterday, they said they are still continuing to review and in the process of finalizing decisions. could mean that a march wave is possible?
If they didn’t explicitly say that a March wave of acceptances can be expected, I have doubts that they’ll be announcing more acceptances in March based on previous application cycles at MCG and they’re probably in the process of finalizing waitlist/alternate list placements right now. I could be wrong though as anything could happen with the app cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
If they didn’t explicitly say that a March wave of acceptances can be expected, I have doubts that they’ll be announcing more acceptances in March based on previous application cycles at MCG and they’re probably in the process of finalizing waitlist/alternate list placements right now. I could be wrong though as anything could happen with the app cycle.
Maybe because of the extra 40 spots they have this year it will take longer to send all acceptances so there might be a possibility for another wave. Fingers crossed.

Maybe because of the extra 40 spots they have this year it will take longer to send all acceptances so there might be a possibility for another wave. Fingers crossed.
I hope so but I feel like if that were the case it would reflect on MSAR for the final acceptance date

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any formal way to visit if I can't get off the Visit Day waitlist. I feel like after the email fiasco and now giving away all Visit Day spots before they release all acceptances, my initial opinion of MCG is starting to change :|

Hello, recently got an A, could someone DM me the group me? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: 1 user
Do you think going to the open house is beneficial if you haven't received an acceptance yet? (Interviewed on 10/26 but haven't heard back). It feels weird to visit the campus not knowing my status

Reactions: 1 users
Hi can I get the groupme link? Thank you!

Hi! Can someone please send me the accepted students groupme link?

Do you think going to the open house is beneficial if you haven't received an acceptance yet? (Interviewed on 10/26 but haven't heard back). It feels weird to visit the campus not knowing my status
In the same boat also not sure but they invited us so why not 🤷‍♀️

@tonkatuff @sally swag oh, we’re y’all in the waitlist? MCG emailed us that the Visit Day event has reached maximum capacity and closed registration except for waitlist placement back on Feb 7th, did they backtrack and ended up adding more spots for the Event?

Members don't see this ad :)

@tonkatuff @sally swag oh, we’re y’all in the waitlist? MCG emailed us that the Visit Day event has reached maximum capacity and closed registration except for waitlist placement back on Feb 7th, did they backtrack and ended up adding more spots for the Event?
This is about the Savannah campus tour— the one they sent the email with the mistake where they congratulated people for their acceptance on accident. I think visit day is something different.

I wasn’t on a waitlist at least I think because I didn’t email to join it yet. I called the admissions department and they said that if I got the confirmation email about coming to visit day then i should be good to go so I’m assuming they opened more spots?

Hi! Could I also get the GroupMe link? Thanks!

This is about the Savannah campus tour— the one they sent the email with the mistake where they congratulated people for their acceptance on accident. I think visit day is something different.
Oh, that Savannah email got sent out to more than just the acceptees? I didn't realize that. Also, I'm not sure if the Savannah campus open house is open to all prospective applicants or just the acceptees of this cycle because from what the email suggested, it seemed like it was just for those accepted who are currently choosing campus preference.

Oh, that Savannah email got sent out to more than just the acceptees? I didn't realize that. Also, I'm not sure if the Savannah campus open house is open to all prospective applicants or just the acceptees of this cycle because from what the email suggested, it seemed like it was just for those accepted who are currently choosing campus preference.
Yeah, they made a mistake and sent it to people they didn’t mean to I guess so they had to open up the tour to everyone bc their mistake. On the phone today they said the tour is open to anyone who has interviewed!

If anybody's been recently accepted to MCG and needs the link to the official class of 2028 GroupMe, DM me!

Anyone know when MCG will send the waitlist/rejection emails?

when i spoke to them on the phone yesterday she told me they are "sending out updates very soon and to keep an eye out for any emails from them" so i assume sometime this week.

Got the A on Friday!! can someone DM the GroupMe?

Anyone else who didn't get accepted going on the Savannah Tour?
yep, it kinda sucks but it feels unprofessional to cancel and hoping for a waitlist, so hopefully it's not completely pointless.

Last edited:
i saw on past threads that they send R emails on Monday and W on Wednesday after the Feb acceptance date but not sure if anything was sent yesterday

do we think it’s different this year? Or do they tend to notify later in the day?

• Hmm
do we think it’s different this year? Or do they tend to notify later in the day?

I have no idea, but I think sending out rejections week of the Savannah Campus Tour would be in poor taste. Maybe WL emails will come out this week. Who knows.

Does anyone know how many MCG pulls from the waitlist based on previous years?

Does anyone know how many MCG pulls from the waitlist based on previous years?
Idk about previous years, but the official class of 2028 GroupMe is about 167 right now, so I guess MCG might have ~130 available seats (almost half of the class still unfilled) for the waitlist to fill up to reach to our expected class size of ~300.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Is it strange that we haven’t gotten waitlist or rejection emails yet?

Reactions: 5 users
maybe friday will be the day? literally no idea what to expect anymore

could someone please send me the link to the group chat for accepted students?

Just got an email for alternate list (is that the same as waitlist?)