2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
just wanna add some data points - im IS and was at one of the recent interview days and more than half of the people interviewing were IS. Definitely would not say that they are not interviewing IS, just seems to be higher levels of OOS reporting on SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
I am getting nervous lol. I've lived in illinois my whole life but still no II :(
Deep breaths! It's a long process. I (OOS) interviewed in March and got my A then. I interviewed with quite a few IS who were accepted around the same time.

Reactions: 1 user
IS II! Submitted 8/28
alma mater/urm/509/ 3.7 gpa/3.83 sgpa

Reactions: 5 users
I’m IS and haven’t received an II yet. Should I be concerned? LM: 69.
I mean, I think IIs have like just started coming out. Just be patient and keep your hopes up!

Post-ERAS M4 here with lots of extra time lol willing to answer any questions y’all have

Do you have any idea about the patter of IS II and if they are sent out later in the cycle?
I’m not on the admissions committee, so I have no idea. I do know that there have been plenty of IS applicants at interviews and that the vast majority of people in my cohort are IS. It’s still super early in the cycle, so if you haven’t heard back yet, I definitely would not give up hope. I know UICOM is open to LOI’s, so keep that in mind for later on in the cycle.

I’m IS and haven’t received an II yet. Should I be concerned? LM: 69.
LM 79 complete 7/31 and no II. I’m not really sure how they’re doing it but I think they interview pretty consistently throughout the season so I won’t be worried until later on. Keep in mind the IS II rate is only 16% too. I love this school and am hopefully that we make it but I’m telling myself for now that whatever happens happens and to just hope for the best! There is a LOT of time left in the cycle.

For those who've interviewed, could you describe the general vibe of the day? Was it more of a conversational or did it lean towards a formal setting? How would you rate your stress level throughout the process and your overall experience? Thank you in advance!

For those who've interviewed, could you describe the general vibe of the day? Was it more of a conversational or did it lean towards a formal setting? How would you rate your stress level throughout the process and your overall experience? Thank you in advance!
It felt very informal at times. The MMI was kind of stressful but the faculty interview felt very conversational. I only interviewed with UIC but compared to my mock interviews it was low-stress.

Last edited:
Do people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th

Do people know if acceptances can be given before the 19th? I’ve seen that some schools give them on the 16th
I'd take this with a grain of salt, but I believe the Admissions Committee meets on the 19th, given that it's the 3rd Thursday of the month. I think decisions will come out on the 20th, maybe the evening of the 19th. I'll be anxiously waiting all of next week tho

I’m an M2 and in years past they released on the 15th and then another set of acceptances the 3rd Friday of October. With that being said, if they told you something different in your interview, go with that.

I’m an M2 and in years past they released on the 15th and then another set of acceptances the 3rd Friday of October. With that being said, if they told you something different in your interview, go with that.
The MSAR says the 19th— but they didn’t say anything in particular

I know we sound like a broken record but I'm IS, born and raised in Chicago, LM 68, complete Aug 2... starting to get really antsy that I haven't heard back. Seems like there's no pattern to how they're going through apps

Reactions: 2 users
I know we sound like a broken record but I'm IS, born and raised in Chicago, LM 68, complete Aug 2... starting to get really antsy that I haven't heard back. Seems like there's no pattern to how they're going through apps
Also instate LM 77 submitted mid july and radio silence

I just checked the portal and under document status none of my letters have a check or anything saying they were approved? other schools have approved them so idk if this is normal or if I should email plz help lol

Anyone hear anything in their interview that contradicts the claim that decisions will be coming out on the 19/20? Trying to figure out how anxious I need to be tomorrow.

Anyone hear anything in their interview that contradicts the claim that decisions will be coming out on the 19/20? Trying to figure out how anxious I need to be tomorrow.
From my interview, they said by OCT 19/20.

MSAR says 10/19 the earliest.

Website says "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October...Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm."

Reactions: 2 users
From my interview, they said by OCT 19/20.

MSAR says 10/19 the earliest.

Website says "After you’ve completed your interview, your completed evaluation will be presented to the Committee on Admissions (COA) on the third Thursday of each month beginning in October...Communications on acceptances and delayed decisions will be sent by the Friday following the COA meeting by 5pm."
Are most people deferred admission?

My cycle I was complete in early Sept? maybe late Aug with similar LM and interviewed in March with people who were complete from pretty much every point in the cycle, IS and OOS. I'm not sure they do interviews out to March anymore but just sharing my experience to hopefully give you some calm. Deep breaths, its a long cycle. Hoping the best for you!

Y'all think we will hear back about decisions tomorrow? Keeping fingers crossed!

S
The committee meets on the third thursday and then will have some decisions out by the next friday by 5 pm i read somewhere.
oh okay. last year’s thread someone was accepted the 20th, but that would be such a fast turn around— I doubt we hear anything if they’re just now meeting