2023-2024 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still haven’t heard 💀 how long do they give you guys to make a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

I come with some very sad news. My loving and wonderful son, Asparagus_Liker, passed away this morning in an accident. He was accepted to Carle off the waitlist and <redacted> so hard he blasted himself backwards through the wall and was tragically killed in the ensuing building demolition. As he lay dying his last wish was to say that each and every one of the poasters on SDN Carle 2024 were his very best friends and that poasting with them was a privilege and a high honor.

RIP in peace Asparagus_Liker, 2024-2024
May he post carle wheezer pics and videos forever in heaven

Character arc

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would literally beg on my knees to carle rn get off the WL. Have an A somewhere else but do NOT want to go there

Horribly difficult decision but I just withdrew my A, know some others have too, so hoping those of you still waiting hear some good news today or tomorrow!

Signing off this neurotic as hell app, peace homies.

• Love
Also withdrew my A, hope all of you have a fun time with asparagus_liker

• Haha
Horribly difficult decision but I just withdrew my A, know some others have too, so hoping those of you still waiting hear some good news today or tomorrow!

Signing off this neurotic as hell app, peace homies.
<3

OOS A at 5:30pm EST. This is wild. I was screaming and crying for 5 minutes straight while driving. I still can't believe it :') I'm going to become a doctor mom!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
WL -> A with 25% tuition scholarship 😵‍💫

Reactions: 1 users
off the waitlist today, will see if I can negotiate costs :/

WL -> A with 25% tuition scholarship 😵‍💫
+1. don't know if I'll be able to swing getting over the carle within 2-3 weeks, might need to defer sadly (if anyone has deferred please dm me). I wonder if they gave scholarships to the waitlisted people as incentive since its so late. Carle expensive af though. If you take the full COA (~97k) it ends up being ~470k after 4 years at the current interest rate.

Also, how many people in general got scholarships?

Last edited:
Got an A from WL last Thursday May 23rd, just withdrew my A for another school. Good luck to everyone!

Withdrew A and 25% tuition scholarship:cryi:! Good luck to all the engineering-focused individuals

Last edited:
+1. don't know if I'll be able to swing getting over the carle within 2-3 weeks, might need to defer sadly (if anyone has deferred please dm me). I wonder if they gave scholarships to the waitlisted people as incentive since its so late. Carle expensive af though. If you take the full COA (~97k) it ends up being ~470k after 4 years at the current interest rate.

Also, how many people in general got scholarships?
honestly, deferment usually doesn't make financial sense unless your reason is to chill for one year which was me when I took a gap year. 1 year of attending money is not worth a gap year to regain your composure, confidence, physical build, etc. However since you already applied, Im guessing this isn't your reason for deferring.

I received a 50% scholarship and am in-state, so I will have about $200 K in loans + interest when graduating. The trick is to have cheap housing and in Urbana, at least for me it is about $550 every month for housing with everything included.

If you're gonna defer, you have to provide a valid reason to them I think.

honestly, deferment usually doesn't make financial sense unless your reason is to chill for one year which was me when I took a gap year. 1 year of attending money is not worth a gap year to regain your composure, confidence, physical build, etc. However since you already applied, Im guessing this isn't your reason for deferring.

I received a 50% scholarship and am in-state, so I will have about $200 K in loans + interest when graduating. The trick is to have cheap housing and in Urbana, at least for me it is about $550 every month for housing with everything included.

If you're gonna defer, you have to provide a valid reason to them I think.
Oh it's for sure a terrible thing to do financially when thinking about a year of lost salary. My reason is more logistical and various constraints in the next few weeks.

Has anyone successfully negotiated more scholarships with admissions?