2023-2024 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I took a second look at the Cycletrack numbers and there is a huge error they make when calculating the percentage of students accepted from the waitlist. The 13 acceptances that are being tracked include the 8 acceptances this cycle in which there have been no waitlist acceptances yet. This means that there are 5 tracked acceptances in previous years with 1 of those being a waitlist acceptance, which is far too little data to make any accurate predictions from.

I also realized I made a mistake in my previous post where I said "Out of the 50 students accepted, 20 of them (40%) were accepted off the waitlist". This is not true and actually means that there were 50 tracked interviews and of those, there were 13 acceptances and 20 waitlists. As previously mentioned, these numbers are not representative of Carle's actual admissions statistics.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have a link to the incoming class group chat? I'm a current student and would love to offer up our place to rent for an interested, responsible student. DM me for details!

Well, this waitlist is my last shot, looks like every other MD school has already said no.
This is going to be a long four week wait.
Keep your head up I honestly think there will be a lot of WL movement
Look at the people who got in's sdn accounts - a lot got into t10/20 schools

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, this waitlist is my last shot, looks like every other MD school has already said no.
There are likely also many waitlisted applicants who have acceptances elsewhere and will withdraw from Carle.

How do you know it's a four week wait? 🧐 Are we going by the past cycle's date of March 22nd for more news on decisions? Last year, it seems like they released decisions on that date to people who haven't heard back post-showcase. This year definitely has been different with the decision distributions tho

I am convinced that Carle has already made its decisions. Y'all only have 300 ppl to choose from at this point. CMON CARLE

youtube love GIF

GIF is irrelevant

Does anyone know what type of grading carle has for preclinical and clinical

Does anyone know what type of grading carle has for preclinical and clinical
Curriculum is divided into three phases, essentially preclinical is P/F
  • Phase 1: "Medical Engineering + Translational Sciences" - Pass/Fail
  • Phase 2: "Major Clinical Experience" - Honors, Pass, Fail
  • Phase 3: "Advanced Clinical and Engineering Education" - Honors, Pass, Fail

Reactions: 1 users
Will be declining my acceptance here shortly. Awesome program and proud they think I'd be a good fit, but better opportunities popped up.

Hoping my seat goes to someone who really loves Carle. Good luck y'all ❤️

Also, for future premeds who will inevitably be sifting through here. Don't be afraid to be out-there with the document portion of the application. I feel like I included some really cool, sometimes silly, photos with interesting captions. Take the unique format to stand out and show some personality.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for opening up a spot.

I am unable to sleep because of nightmares about getting rejected by Carle
When I'm driving to work I repeat "let me in, let me in" instead of listening to the radio
Wish I was joking
This game is not worth your sanity. Do what you can and let go of stress associated with things you cannot control. Manifesting success for you.

Just withdrew from the waitlist. Hope that means some good news here! Wish y'all the best, Carle seems like an amazing program.

Thanks man. To be fair, my name is asparagus liker, I couldn't have been very sane to begin with.

Thanks for making an opening for we poor waitlisted souls. May our WL become a W, and not an L.

for some reason my brain kept thinking liker was a last name or a cartoon character it didn’t click until now that you meant you like asparagus

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Asparagus_liker and I both display symptoms of insanity, but express it in different ways. I express my insanity with meaningless acceptance rate calculations and asparagus_liker expresses their insanity with Carle ****posting and schizoposting. Asparagus_liker's posts are hilarious and help reduce my waitlist stress.

• Haha
Asparagus_liker and I both display symptoms of insanity, but express it in different ways. I express my insanity with meaningless acceptance rate calculations and asparagus_liker expresses their insanity with Carle ****posting and schizoposting. Asparagus_liker's posts are hilarious and help reduce my waitlist stress.
Hope both of y'all get in

for some reason my brain kept thinking liker was a last name or a cartoon character it didn’t click until now that you meant you like asparagus
I always thought your profile pic was of a pixelated character with just shoulders showing out of a dark alley. Now I realize it’s some animal in a bush

"I attended the open house in february. They made it clear that they would accept update letters/LOI, but that it wouldn't factor into a decision unless you were one of the finalists they were considering admitting."

2017-2018 Carle-Illinois College of Medicine

Has this changed?
Don’t think so since when I emailed them they were pretty adamant abt not taking any letters even from WL’d.
Also it’s from 2018 why are u scrolling that far back my brother 💀 please try to do something other than think about Carle for your own sake

Question regarding the competency checklist - for any plan to enrolls, do y’all know if those classes can be completed P/F? Working full-time so that would be mad clutch, a little apprehensive about asking their admissions office directly

Don’t think so since when I emailed them they were pretty adamant abt not taking any letters even from WL’d.
Also it’s from 2018 why are u scrolling that far back my brother 💀 please try to do something other than think about Carle for your own sake
It's not just that it's from 2017-18. That's the farthest you COULD scroll back. If there were more threads on Carle, brodie would already seen them

CARLE, GIVE MY MAN SOME ASPARAGUS ALREADY

Question regarding the competency checklist - for any plan to enrolls, do y’all know if those classes can be completed P/F? Working full-time so that would be mad clutch, a little apprehensive about asking their admissions office directly

Also if no one knows, but can PM me an email of a current student or something, that’d also be fire

Also if no one knows, but can PM me an email of a current student or something, that’d also be fire
I'm assuming that they do accept pass/fail prerequisites since they never say that they don't accept them. They are pretty chill if you email them with questions so I'm sure they will give you the information you need. I've emailed them three times with questions about the admissions timeline and they were very receptive and transparent.

You can email them at [email protected]

Has anyone with a showcase invite not heard back with either an A, WL or R? Just wanted to see if Carle has already made an initial wave of final decisions for everyone

Rooting for you!! Imo WL is not a bad spot to be, just a longgg wait ahead. I got the R post-showcase last year with many others so being on the WL means your competitive enough to be a part of their class if a seat opens!
Feels like they're giving WL to the majority of ppl. Last year, Carle was more heavy handed with Rs. But maybe March could prove me wrong. Not sure if anyone still hasn't heard back but seems like most got a WL instead of an R.

Their timeline is already indicative of a change in strategy for admissions, so their preference for WL ppl rather than rejecting them could've also been a change. All speculation on my part

Buddy of mine who goes to Carle says when you’re reviewed, you’re rated on some scale and when they pull off the WL they pull starting from highest first - I think it’s some sort of ranked waitlist btw
Not sure if it’s any help

Buddy of mine who goes to Carle says when you’re reviewed, you’re rated on some scale and when they pull off the WL they pull starting from highest first - I think it’s some sort of ranked waitlist btw
Not sure if it’s any help
Brodie, do you want to trade acceptances?

don't listen to sandman23, give your acceptance to me, i will give you one trillion dollars
Who would ever do a deal with someone that likes asparagus? I’m the one who can trade for a Texas school

Feels like they're giving WL to the majority of ppl. Last year, Carle was more heavy handed with Rs. But maybe March could prove me wrong. Not sure if anyone still hasn't heard back but seems like most got a WL instead of an R.

Their timeline is already indicative of a change in strategy for admissions, so their preference for WL ppl rather than rejecting them could've also been a change. All speculation on my part
This is totally anecdotal, but a buddy of mine also applied to Carle and got an R the same day I got waitlisted (2/21), so it definitely happened to a number of people. Maybe very few, maybe a lot and they just didn’t mention it on any kind of record (he didn’t)

This is totally anecdotal, but a buddy of mine also applied to Carle and got an R the same day I got waitlisted (2/21), so it definitely happened to a number of people. Maybe very few, maybe a lot and they just didn’t mention it on any kind of record (he didn’t)
Yea, there definitely were Rs handed but not nearly as many reported as Mar 22nd or so of last year. That’s why I’m thinking Carle is leaning on WL more. But I can only base my thoughts on what’s reported

Some ppl might get rejected off the waitlist sometime soon. The real question that could at least support my suspicion is: has anyone not received an initial decision post-showcase?

On a side note, I don’t think I’ve seen another school with such a small application pool yet so many passionate applicants. Speaks to how Carle’s mission resonates. And it makes sense. Carle offers a whole skill set, not just a rephrasing of what ppl do as doctors in their mission statement

Who would ever do a deal with someone that likes asparagus? I’m the one who can trade for a Texas school
I thought asparagus_liker would do more to bargain….smh, why do I always win

Someone give me grapes, I’ve worked hard today

Y'all, Carle is live streaming its Match. It's gonna start any second now:

I set an alarm to see this

Y'all, Carle is live streaming its Match. It's gonna start any second now:

I set an alarm to see this

That was fun with the theme songs to walk up to the podium for each person.
Congratulations all for some great matches

I posted the list over here: OFFICIAL - 2024 Match Lists

Last edited:
  • Love
The thing that gets me about Carle is matching back to Texas. Haven’t seen much in recent years & there was only that UT Tyler match in general surg this year. I think only the first class had their match list fully disclosed. Just interested to see what everyone matched to this year, but very fair of them to only voluntarily disclose things

The thing that gets me about Carle is matching back to Texas. Haven’t seen much in recent years & there was only that UT Tyler match in general surg this year. I think only the first class had their match list fully disclosed. Just interested to see what everyone matched to this year, but very fair of them to only voluntarily disclose things
Also it could be that many Carle students aren't even looking to match to Texas programs

Also it could be that many Carle students aren't even looking to match to Texas programs
Very true. Ppl at Texas schools will definitely have a propensity to stay in Texas & vice versa for non-TX schools. I did see that quite a few matched to CA residencies & seem to be from the area. Now that residency has location signaling, I'm sure preference is a lot more transparent

Yk, if we had a database of match lists with where applicants' signals were, that'd be fantastico

Been reading old threads about Carle, seems like we on the wait-list can't expect an R until May 20th or so. A's will trickle in slowly, but we won't know our fate for another two months :(
Last year May was the tail of end ppl being pulled off the waitlist. I saw quite a few in mid to late April