2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completion date and stats if you don't mind?
sure! LM 70 with significant ties (grew up in IL) and nontrad. Complete on 7/18.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! It's my top school, so I'm being a bit neurotic about this one haha. Best of luck in your interview!
Thanks so much! Manifesting an II for you in the near future

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a II! Only two dates are available though. Does anyone know if more dates will be added?

Reactions: 1 users
M2 at Chicago here! Looks like they are still doing what they did a few years ago. They will only offer interview dates for the next week or two after the actual invite. If these dates don’t work for you, contact admissions.

Is anyone here applying early decision? Any chance we hear before the October 1st deadline? Couldn't find much in previous forums.

Did anyone go into the portal and see that their status was changed to "final decision made, please check your email..." I didn't get an email, so I'm not sure what it means

Did anyone go into the portal and see that their status was changed to "final decision made, please check your email..." I didn't get an email, so I'm not sure what it means
Have you received an II already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you received an II already?
No, I haven't :( That's why I'm wondering if anyone got this message because I haven't received a rejection email or an interview invite., so I'm just concerned what it means

No, I haven't :( That's why I'm wondering if anyone got this message because I haven't received a rejection email or an interview invite., so I'm just concerned what it means
I just checked my portal and I don't see that message. Stay optimistic though!

I don’t see it on mine either. Could be good news though!!

Did you check communication status to see if they sent you an email that may not have come through?

Did you check communication status to see if they sent you an email that may not have come through?
I checked everything and found nothing, I'm going to email admissions and see what they say! I hope it's good news, pray for me yall, this is one of my top choices!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
II IS! LM 70. Only available dates were this Thursday and Friday. Very short notice and will be my first interview so I'm pretty nervous. Anyone have any advice. Any help is really appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what proportion of interviewees get the acceptance after interviewing, delayed decision, and waitlisted? Also, does UICOM utilize actors/roleplaying in their MMIs?

My interview is tomorrow and I'm SO NERVOUS! Any last minute tips or pearls of wisdom?

OOS II recieved last night. LM 74. Complete 7/11

Reactions: 1 users
My interview is tomorrow and I'm SO NERVOUS! Any last minute tips or pearls of wisdom?
I’m not interviewing until later this week so I don’t have any personal experience. I did speak to some people who interviewed last year and said everyone was very nice and it was a pretty relaxed environment. Just want to get to know you and your app better. Good luck!

Is it ok to reschedule the interview to a later date?
Most schools are very open to rescheduling an interview if the date they offer isn't possible for you.
However, most will only reschedule once, so before you call or email them be sure you know your upcoming calendar.
If you email, you could say, "I could attend a future interview any day except....a,b,c"
Congratulations on your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Are the post-interview surveys at schools 100% anonymous? Or do they have any bearing on your post-II decision?

Are the post-interview surveys at schools 100% anonymous? Or do they have any bearing on your post-II decision?
I am pretty sure they are anonymous. It's a general feedback. (similar to course evaluations)

I saw that 80% of students interviewed ended up getting accepted. Can anyone confirm whether this is true? I'm an IS applicant just fyi.

Wow really?! Is this for this year?
They said this is what it has been the last few years, and they greatly expect this year to be the same. They said they only interview people they genuinely want in their class, so if you get an interview, expect a very good chance of getting an A!

Reactions: 1 user
They said this is what it has been the last few years, and they greatly expect this year to be the same. They said they only interview people they genuinely want in their class, so if you get an interview, expect a very good chance of getting an A!
Wow— great to know! I interviewed but they had not mentioned this during my session.