2023-2024 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is second batch going out today?
Referencing a previous message, they don't tell us the exact day the second batch will be sent. The committee was supposed to have met yesterday, and emails will be most likely sent out before the end of this week. It's a fun guessing/waiting game lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Referencing a previous message, they don't tell us the exact day the second batch will be sent. The committee was supposed to have met yesterday, and emails will be most likely sent out before the end of this week. It's a fun guessing/waiting game lol.

I think they actually met today, no? I communicated with the admissions office and they said the meeting would be today, but idk if they said something else. In any case, should be by the end of the week hopefully when we hear something. Praying for the best honestly because this cycle has not been it

Yea if they met today, maybe it would be sent out tomorrow? They send emails and snail mails. So email tomorrow and snail mail by end of week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea if they met today, maybe it would be sent out tomorrow? They send emails and snail mails. So email tomorrow and snail mail by end of week?

I think email either tomorrow or the day after barring any surprises or delays. Snail mail by end of week if that’s the case or by end of next week if any delays.

Accepted via email 10 am this morning! So excited, this has been my dream for so long!!!

Congrats! Did anybody else get an email? I’m holding out hope maybe they’ll send more later today or tomorrow but I think I’m just being too optimistic at this point

Would anyone that’s been accepted mind sharing their profile? Trying to gauge if I have a chance.

Wait so is that the second batch then?? No more acceptances until March?

Sadly seems like it? Idk if anybody else wants to chime in on this or has contacted the admissions office. I’ve been AWPA since October and I’m starting to lose hope at this point

Sadly seems like it? Idk if anybody else wants to chime in on this or has contacted the admissions office. I’ve been AWPA since October and I’m starting to lose hope at this point
Same here been waiting on the AWPA since October but still nothing.

Do they accept updates at all somehow? I know they don't have a portal.

Do they accept updates at all somehow? I know they don't have a portal.

No they don’t unfortunately. I sent a makeshift one just to let them know what I was doing during my gap year just in case. But it doesn’t seem like it’s gonna factor into the decision making

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am current student at SIU. I know it's easy to freak out during batch release but AWPA is a good place to be. There will be movement even after the March batch (typically in April - May and can even go into the summer). It really just depends on how many people defer their acceptance but IIRC it usually hovers around 75%- 85% of AWPA will eventually get one. Anyway, good luck to all of you! If you guys have any questions about the school or curriculum I would be happy to help out the best I can, either DM or on here.

Reactions: 5 users
Are we sure that the second batch is really already sent? It seems strange that the February batch would come out on the 31st of January. Is it possible A’s aren’t all sent simultaneously?

Are we sure that the second batch is really already sent? It seems strange that the February batch would come out on the 31st of January. Is it possible A’s aren’t all sent simultaneously?

The first batch was supposed to go out on December per the website but it went out late November, so the same could be happening this too. Im pretty sure second batch is over

A, interviewed in November, AWPA sometime in January

Reactions: 1 users
A email this morning, interviewed in October, AWPA sometime in December, LM 71

A this morning, interviewed early October and AWPA middle of November

Ayo what? Is this the second and a half batch? Lol I’m so confused, does anybody have any clarification on what’s going? Did someone reach out to the admissions office to see if they’re sending out more acceptances in waves?

southern IL resident interviewed 10/23- anyone hear anything? i called last week and admissions director said they’d send the second batch anywhere from monday to wednesday of this week and im getting nervy lol

southern IL resident interviewed 10/23- anyone hear anything? i called last week and admissions director said they’d send the second batch anywhere from monday to wednesday of this week and im getting nervy lol
Central IL resident interviewed 9/21, AWPA sometime mid to late October, haven't heard anything since then. Judging by the number of acceptances reported this past Monday here it seems like the second batch has been sent out. Idk if you wanna reach out again and double check with the admissions office to see if that's the entirety of the second batch or if there's another wave.

Anyone know when 3rd batch comes out?

Early March, the next committee meeting is around March 7th I believe and likely the batch will come out few days later. Let’s all pray for each other lol

During my interview I remember Beth saying 80-90% get off AWPA and I think only about half the class is filled so far so hopefully things start looking up for us 🤞

During my interview I remember Beth saying 80-90% get off AWPA and I think only about half the class is filled so far so hopefully things start looking up for us

Hope so! I need some peace and stability for once in my life lol

Interviewed in December. Still have not gotten a letter in regards to anything. Have letters been sent out for AWPA for the last batch? This is my second time and I received my AWPA earlier Feb last year.

Interviewed in December. Still have not gotten a letter in regards to anything. Have letters been sent out for AWPA for the last batch? This is my second time and I received my AWPA earlier Feb last year.

They should have sent you an email or let you know on interview day about when your file would be presented to the committee. And as far as last official batch of acceptances, the committee meets on March 5th and we should expect A’s (god willing) few days or a week later tops.

I interviewed in September and been AWPA since October. Radio silence or straight rejections from all the other schools I applied to. SIU has always been my top choice regardless, but now it’s my only choice and hope, so the stakes are higher than before. Praying for success for all of us.

Maybe call Beth and see if the AWPA letter has been sent out for your interview date?

I think you get a letter regardless of decision, so I'm pretty sure they may be running late on something or backed up. I know one person who got Alt list and they did get a letter anyway and I remember Beth saying that as well.

Committee meeting was yesterday for third and final batch. Likely should be hearing something this week or next week at the latest

Just got an email that I’m still AWPA and the class is full. Really not delighted lol

Sadly +1 still on AWPA since October. This has been a hell of a cycle, all R’s pre II except SIU. Looks like it’s back to the drawing board, MCAT and all

Honestly I’m surprised at the quick turnaround as well considering last batch took a week. Ik not everybody is active on SDN but also kinda weird that not one person has mentioned an A

Sadly +1 still on AWPA since October. This has been a hell of a cycle, all R’s pre II except SIU. Looks like it’s back to the drawing board, MCAT and all
Yep I’m pretty much in the same boat- 14 (!) apps total, 11 secondaries turned in and only interviewed at SIU and Kentucky (i’m a current undergrad there) so i’m really frustrated lol

+1, still on AWPA, interviewed November, AWPA in January, 69.9 LizzyM score. It’s so frustrating because I’m already 24 and I’m extremely confident SIU is the perfect fit for me, I just wish they felt the same way

+1, still on AWPA, interviewed November, AWPA in January, 69.9 LizzyM score. It’s so frustrating because I’m already 24 and I’m extremely confident SIU is the perfect fit for me, I just wish they felt the same way

Same LizzyM score, also confident SIU is for me especially considering I’m a Springfield resident lol. Still holding out hope I guess. Did anybody receive a second email telling us to basically chill out and be patient? Lol

Same LizzyM score, also confident SIU is for me especially considering I’m a Springfield resident lol. Still holding out hope I guess. Did anybody receive a second email telling us to basically chill out and be patient? Lol
Yep, same email I got two years ago before I eventually got an R. I gotta believe this isn’t the same but so far I have no reason to

Has anyone got any news from the admissions committee regarding how many people usually give up their spots AFTER the third batch?

My current understanding is 150ish get AWPA. 80 get moved to full A after third batch. From then on, 40 drop and 40 from the AWPA move on to the now empty spots for full Acceptances. So total full acceptances given is 120, which makes it 120/150=80%.