2023-2024 Carle-Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Over It Reaction GIF by jjjjjohn

Members don't see this ad.

Do we think there will be any news this week since historically there has been? It seems like they've given out most decisions already, but I'm curious if anyone hasn't heard or if there will be some sort of waitlist movement.

Do we think there will be any news this week since historically there has been? It seems like they've given out most decisions already, but I'm curious if anyone hasn't heard or if there will be some sort of waitlist movement.
I've been screaming this question from the clouds

SOMEONE TELL US.....enough suspense

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems the nearest update we will see is April fools day. We on the waitlist cannot expect to know the final decision until the end of May.
Half of the reason I wanna go to Carle is to join asapargus_liker. Med school would be fun with sarcasm like this

Thanks man

One reason I switched from biomedical engineering to medical is because I like people and want to be around people who have a verbal and emotional quotient over 0

You seem cool

Too bad my posts are too embarrassing to ever permit me to reveal my identity if accepted
I'll put asparagus around the student lounge and see who picks it up first. Then I will know

Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Reactions: 3 users
I both feel like med school is coming up too soon but Carle's decision couldn't come sooner

Do y'all wanna do song reviews? 1-10 on this song. It's my new favorite

This is more or less total speculation/summarizing what I've read here, but it seems to me like roughly half of those currently offered acceptance will matriculate, and roughly half of those pulled off the waitlist will matriculate. Therefore, my guess would be they offer acceptance to 50-60 people currently on the waitlist, which is probably 40-50% of it (hard to say, since we don't know how big it is--maybe as many as 200). Again, I have nothing specific to back that up and every year is different, but that's been my working estimate.

Reactions: 1 users
We expecting decisions today?
Possible but unlikely. There were a few reported acceptances off the waitlist on the 2021-2022 thread on April 1st at around 4pm EST.

It’s more likely that we will hear back on or soon after April 15th (when applicants need to narrow down acceptances to 3 schools) or April 30th (when applicants narrow down acceptances to 1 school).

Reactions: 1 user
Tbh, I don't think it's out of the question for a few people to get acceptances today, i'm fairly certain a few people have withdrawn their acceptances and I'm also fairly certain Carle accepted about as many people as their class size or maybe a slight bit more

Tbh, I don't think it's out of the question for a few people to get acceptances today, i'm fairly certain a few people have withdrawn their acceptances and I'm also fairly certain Carle accepted about as many people as their class size or maybe a slight bit more
I agree. Today is the deadline to stay on the waitlist so it's set in stone now. There could have been a few acceptance withdrawals before today, but we will see larger amounts on April 15th and 30th.

So uhh, I’m guessing no WL —> A today? Do we think they might wait till Wednesday like they have for decisions thus far or silence until later in April

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a rejection reported today on Cycletrack. Not sure if that was a withdrawal or a rejection off the waitlist.

There was a rejection reported today on Cycletrack. Not sure if that was a withdrawal or a rejection off the waitlist.
Probably either a withdrawal or someone who got rejected earlier and forgot to add it, I doubt they’re shortening their WL rn

I’m assuming the WL is ranked in some way? Anyone got insight there?

I’m assuming the WL is ranked in some way? Anyone got insight there?
they rate u on a scale of 1-4 and they just go down from highest # till they fill the class (according to my friend who attends)

they rate u on a scale of 1-4 and they just go down from highest # till they fill the class (according to my friend who attends)
How did this friend get that inside info? Or for more anonymity, how confident is he that this is the case

Your boy gotta know

Well, my prediction was faulty. It wasn't today after all. I'm giving it a 15% chance smth happens this week & a 100% chance smth happens Apr 17th, credit to BitofNothin for calling that first

Does anyone here have any legal expertise? My lawyer says I'm making a really bad decision in my negotiations for acceptance to Carle. He said I'm making a mistake by agreeing to lease my soul to the devil for 666 years to get into Carle, but on the premed reddit a lot of people are saying its a really good deal. He says I should at least ask for a "no flaying" clause but I'm pretty sure this is a decent to excellent deal in exchange for getting into Carle as-is and I don't want to push my luck.
chill bruh

I look at this thread so often in anticipation of what Carle might soon say. It won't be the same once decisions come out

As BitofNothin said, some of us will hear back on Wednesday, April 17th. Based on the past threads, applicants were accepted off the waitlist around 2-4 PM EST on the Wednesdays after when applicants need to narrow acceptances to 3 schools. This year, that Wednesday is April 17th.

Withdrew. Just to give context their aid (scholarship) was one of the lowest I received, but to be fair their COA isn't as high as some other places. Good luck everyone, I hope there is some WL movement soon!

Withdrew. Just to give context their aid (scholarship) was one of the lowest I received, but to be fair their COA isn't as high as some other places. Good luck everyone, I hope there is some WL movement soon!
Was this need or merit based scholarship? Do you mind sharing when you got this scholarship and/or aid package? Feel like so many schools haven’t given anything

Thanks for making space for us, it cheered me up to know my chances are getting better.
A research project worth pursuing: the amount of dopamine asparagus gets at the sight of a Carle A being withdrawn

University of Illinois COM just rejected me, hopefully Carle disagrees with them

I have about four pounds of nerds gummy clusters and nerds rope saved up for if I get accepted to Carle, the stakes are higher than I ever thought possible.
Only four? I have more

Another question for asparagus. Would you do this to get a Carle A:
Get Out Facepalm GIF by Action Point

How far will you go for a Carle A brother? I need to document this sorta stuff for my manuscript, which I expect to be promptly acccepted into Nature by yesterday

decline it once I’m off wl

I guess I'm wrong about the time. Not sure if we will even hear back today.

If they don't release decisions soon it could be bc of FAFSA, a lot of people in the chat are waiting on aid

asparagus blink twice if you need help

So due to the FAFSA delay mess, my guess is we hear back on May 2nd. Not only is this after the CYMS deadline, but midnight EST on May 1st is Carle's deadline for "Applicants accepted to Carle Illinois have until midnight EST to decline all offers except Carle Illinois". More will likely hear back on or around May 15th as this is the "Deadline for Carle Illinois’ accepted applicants to select “commit to enroll” in CYMS and to withdraw from all other medical schools (no waitlist)".

Source: Application Timelines & Deadlines

It's the final countdown (literally) and I hope that everyone on this thread gets off the waitlist or at least has somewhere to go for medical school. It is my dream to be classmates with asparagus_liker at Carle.

Accepted off the waitlist about an hour ago!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist on Friday. LM 74, waitlisted on Feb 21. This was my first acceptance so I’m super happy I dont have to reapply / retake the MCAT 😮‍💨

Reactions: 5 users
My heart is crushed

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

on a side note, I haven't seen anyone look so much like kermit in my life