2023-2024 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that were accepted and haven't received the packet in the mail, are we supposed to be doing anything right now? I just chose my school through the AMCAS portal but am wanting to make sure that there is nothing else I need to be doing right now.

Members don't see this ad.

For those that were accepted and haven't received the packet in the mail, are we supposed to be doing anything right now? I just chose my school through the AMCAS portal but am wanting to make sure that there is nothing else I need to be doing right now.

I think we just wait on the packet and it’ll tell us next steps for what we need to do to accept the acceptance!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know somebody already said that there is enough interest in NWA that most people get Little rock if they want it , but how difficult is it to get the NWA campus and the three year accelerated program ?

Don’t quote me, but there might even be an option to do a year at LR then move to NW to finish out on the accelerated program. I am honestly not sure how hard it is to land that, but I would imagine they have enough spots for those that are interested. Also, it’ll be a while before there is an accepted GroupMe/ Facebook. The Facebook page will probably come first though.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone received their packets yet? Looks like they were supposed to be mailed by yesterday but they didn’t post about it like they normally do.

Also, I can make a GroupMe for now that we can use until the real one is made if more people want that.

Reactions: 3 users
You're invited to my new group 'UAMS COM EY 2024' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody have more information on the NW Campus vs LR Campus? Obviously Fayetteville is a better place to live, but as far as the school goes. Differences, pros/cons, etc. Its tough to get a good idea. If wanting to specialize is LR the better option or are the opportunities roughly the same for each location?

Does anybody have more information on the NW Campus vs LR Campus? Obviously Fayetteville is a better place to live, but as far as the school goes. Differences, pros/cons, etc. Its tough to get a good idea. If wanting to specialize is LR the better option or are the opportunities roughly the same for each location?
The Associate Dean of the NWA campus, Dr. Spollen, just sent out an email regarding a Zoom informational meeting about the NWA campus on 3/6 and 3/7, which will offer private breakout sessions with students at the NWA campus.

Last edited:
Be looking for packets in the mail. I got mine yesterday in NWA

In my humble opinion, being based in LR is much better. More opportunities for shadowing and with VA, orthopedic and Spine institute, AR children’s hospital, etc. Plus you get to do more in person than NW and meet people. NW does have a couple of special programs and if your family lives around there then by all means go for it. But I think the average student would enjoy LR more.

In my humble opinion, being based in LR is much better. More opportunities for shadowing and with VA, orthopedic and Spine institute, AR children’s hospital, etc. Plus you get to do more in person than NW and meet people. NW does have a couple of special programs and if your family lives around there then by all means go for it. But I think the average student would enjoy LR more.
What should we expect during the next few months leading up to orientation? I'm sure there is probably more that we have to do than the forms in the acceptance packet + transcripts and immunizations.

Members don't see this ad :)
What should we expect during the next few months leading up to orientation? I'm sure there is probably more that we have to do than the forms in the acceptance packet + transcripts and immunizations.
There is honestly not a lot for you to do, lol. You’ll eventually get to apply for scholarships and of course the standard paperwork and immunizations, etc. You’ll also do a background check which should be free. Beyond that if you don’t live in the area start looking for places to live. Living in an urban outskirt of the city is doable, but keep in mind traffic and such. There are also dorms on campus if that appeals to anyone, some of them are apartment style. One of the biggest tips we will give you is RELAX. I know what it’s like to be stressed from application season. Leave the stress for after school starts. Orientation will give you plenty of time to feel like things are real and prepare you for the next week when anatomy starts. If you’re planning on attending just celebrate the knowledge of where you’re going and live the best summer of your life <3

Enjoy the free time you all have left! Go hiking, spend time with family, play video games. Do whatever it is that makes you happy this summer and DON'T STUDY.

Does UAMS college of medicine sell shirts or any apparel somewhere? I visited this weekend but noticed they didn’t have an in person bookstore so just curious if there’s a place online they sell apparel at?

Does UAMS college of medicine sell shirts or any apparel somewhere? I visited this weekend but noticed they didn’t have an in person bookstore so just curious if there’s a place online they sell apparel at?
When you visited, did they give you a tour or was it more you looking around?

When you visited, did they give you a tour or was it more you looking around?

I just looked around but I think they said if you email they will give a tour they just don’t have a lot of staff to do so, so I don’t think it’s something they do very often

You can find it Here. They have not posted this years yet.
I can say we had a realistic 90% match rate this year. The 10% that “didn’t match” did manage to get transitional/ research years. Also, I know those numbers can seem scary, but you have to consider the reason some people don’t match is because they apply to something super hard to land, without a backup.

Withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of you incredible people on the WL❤️

Reactions: 2 users