2023-2024 Arkansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I could be wrong, but I thought during the OOS interview day that they mentioned they would be emailing decisions this year instead of mailing them as in previous years. Can someone else confirm this, or did I misunderstand?

I think that is what they said too but the website still says by mail on the timeline so I’m not sure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think that is what they said too but the website still says by mail on the timeline so I’m not sure

I emailed them earlier this year and they said both email and mail.

Reactions: 1 users
Think it is end of feb like the 26 or 28
Yeah looks around that time based on threads from previous years. Wonder if it'll be a little earlier this year since they're using email now

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure about the emails… but I imagine the mail version would hold the required documents that you need to sign and send back where the email would just be a copy of the acceptance? I could be wrong though.

Anyone heard news about mail vs. email, or anything really? Knowing that we still have 8 days to go is weighing on me ngl

8 days till what 👀 I am OOS but no I have not heard anything post-interview

It says decisions by Feb 28 so it could be before that. Last year it was the 24th

They send out letters in prep to reach you on the 28th. As a result some people that live closer get the mail earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there going to be some kind of GroupMe or discord for incoming students?

The current M1’s will eventually make a GroupMe for the incoming freshman class. Not exactly sure when but maybe sometime more towards the summer.

Reactions: 3 users
Wondering this too

My guess is no. This is a class of 160+, and in my estimation, if 160+ people had received As there would be more comments. It seems today they sent out OOS acceptances, but if I had to guess, there’s more IS to come.

So until now have they only sent As? It does seem earlier than expected based on last year. They also didn’t post anything on Facebook about the decisions.

Not everyone with As will post here in this forum. It does take longer depending on where you are OOS and potential delays in the postal system. If you take a look at last year’s forum, you could sort of see the spread of As especially for OOS students. Congrats to all who have been accepted!

Reactions: 2 users
Does uams provide access to any third party resources? Also, is there an Anki deck passed down for in house material?

Does uams provide access to any third party resources? Also, is there an Anki deck passed down for in house material?
Yes, UAMS provides access to lots of third party resources including Pathoma, Sketchy, USMLE-RX, eventually Boards and Beyond, etc. Classes also hand down revised Anki cards for classes along with a resource and survival guide for all things medical school and general adult living.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if the A packets have been mailed out yet or when to expect those? I know in the past they have posted it on their FB page, and the A email Friday just said they would be mailing it out soon

Does anyone know if the A packets have been mailed out yet or when to expect those? I know in the past they have posted it on their FB page, and the A email Friday just said they would be mailing it out soon
Have not gotten mine yet.

They shared that they would be mailed out this week when I asked.

When should we have an apartment/roommates secured by? I only recently moved to NWA from out of state and did not go to college here, so I don’t know anyone who will be in the incoming class lol.

IS waitlisted! got my email Saturday morning at 9. super happy, but I don’t know anything about UAMS waitlist. does anyone have any information?

When should we have an apartment/roommates secured by? I only recently moved to NWA from out of state and did not go to college here, so I don’t know anyone who will be in the incoming class lol.
Also curious about housing and wondering if any current students can comment on it. Do most students live together and are there any specific areas in LR that students choose to live at?

Based on the last couple of years, it doesn’t appear that location assignments are solidified until the middle of April.

I bet that shortly after the assignments are made people will be securing their housing/picking roommates.

IS waitlisted! got my email Saturday morning at 9. super happy, but I don’t know anything about UAMS waitlist. does anyone have any information?
MSAR says that the WL is 55 to 65 people and around 40 get a seat.

I was waitlisted last year and got the acceptance call around mid-May.

Also curious about housing and wondering if any current students can comment on it. Do most students live together and are there any specific areas in LR that students choose to live at?
Well…. Half of the M1 class is married so I would say the majority do not live with another med student LOL. Many others live by themselves or there are some that have roommates too. Some people look for roommates on the Facebook group they’ll eventually make for y’all or through the GroupMe.

Is there usually enough interest in the Northwest campus that allows everyone that wants to stay in Little Rock to have their choice? Or do a non negligible amount get sent to NWA against their preference for rotations?

• Hmm
Is there usually enough interest in the Northwest campus that allows everyone that wants to stay in Little Rock to have their choice? Or do a non negligible amount get sent to NWA against their preference for rotations?
From my understanding, there is usually enough interest in NW that everyone who wants to stay in LR is able to. For reference I got off the waitlist last year and was able to choose the LR location :)

Reactions: 3 users