2023-2024 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all get a Lincoln Scholars program email inviting for a tour?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same email but I have an exam that day so I can’t go. I’m not sure though if that affects anything- ugh I really am just holding onto hope rn

I got the same email but I have an exam that day so I can’t go. I’m not sure though if that affects anything- ugh I really am just holding onto hope rn

That’s tough. Honestly, I don’t think going to the tour will make much of a difference. Idek if letters of intent make much of a difference at this point either. I sent one already but idk if it makes sense to send another one or if it will change ranking. I’m already prepping for a second cycle I think. At this point I’m okay with that because it’ll at least be one more year to get my circadian rhythm back in check lol

That’s tough. Honestly, I don’t think going to the tour will make much of a difference. Idek if letters of intent make much of a difference at this point either. I sent one already but idk if it makes sense to send another one or if it will change ranking. I’m already prepping for a second cycle I think. At this point I’m okay with that because it’ll at least be one more year to get my circadian rhythm back in check lol
yes exactly and to save money to be able to apply again if need be

Hopefully movement starts in the next week or two getting super anxious

Here’s hoping! Judging by previous SIU forums, it seems everything really is dead silent until around late April or early May.

I just dislike this whole AWPA thing tbh, at first it’s like okay nice, but now it’s just a wait list. I just wish we’d know what our ranking is so we can either hold out hope or take whatever hope is left and turn it into energy for the next cycle lol. Give me peace

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my A here. Hope one of yall's day gets made!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A from AWPA today, will be declining though. I remember how excited I was to interview at the beginning of the cycle, before I ever imagined how things would turn out for me this year. It's an amazing little school and the staff and students seem awesome, supportive, collaborative, and incredibly mission-focused - whoever gets my spot, make the most of it!

Reactions: 1 user
Quick rant — AWPA sucks… what’s the downside of telling students their placement?

A for LSP today!! So excited!! Beth did say AMCAS has been down for a few days, so hopefully you all get As soon!! Good luck!! Side note: anyone have an LSP group chat?