2023-2024 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Possibly. Based on past forums seems like some people get a kiara invite a week or so after. Others they still have to wait. So they will look at it but again depends on the other apps they’re reviewing at that time.

I was confirmed 6/7 and received an interest email 9/8 and have not heard nothing. Sounds like a lot of high stat applications this cycle. Good luck though!

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate this info!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an email asking me to confirm my interest. Haven’t been invited to interview or anything. Does this mean I might be up for review by the adcom soon based on other people’s experience?
Yes. I got that email twice before I was invited for an interview.

Any advice for the interview guys ?
Got the A today! Group session on 9/18. I am so incredibly grateful.

You will first receive a link to record an asynchronous interview using this software called Kira where basically a video will play asking you a question and then you have an allotted amount of time to answer via video but I also had a couple of written questions. Once that's done, you'll attend a Q&A session - which is exactly that, a Q&A, I didn't have any burning questions so I didn't ask any. About a week after the Q&A is when you'll get your decision tho I do believe the asynchronous interview is the only thing that plays into their decision, not the Q&A.
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
over 6 weeks since the interview and I haven't heard anything (august 25th group) :oops:

Complete on 6/29 and still nothing; LM 73

Same but 5 weeks (8/31)

Received an update that no decision has been made and that it will still potentially be several more weeks for a decision.

So decisions seem to be in the 6-10 weeks area for some of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an update that no decision has been made and that it will still potentially be several more weeks for a decision.

So decisions seem to be in the 6-10 weeks area for some of us!
Oh joy.

• Haha
Got the A!!
edit: complete early August, 9/28 group session, OOS, LM 68

Last edited:
It seems like some people are getting their A's in the 4-6 week period some are getting it in the 2-3 month period. Exciting stuff, y'all!

How was the interview here? Any advice outside of looking at the interview thread for this school?

How was the interview here? Any advice outside of looking at the interview thread for this school?
It's asynchronous, but the questions are fairly standard for an interview so the interview thread should be of great help as you'll probably get a few of those. Essentially you get 10 questions, 45 seconds to think and 1 min 30s to answer. I didn't love the time-limited format but it being asynchronous did take off some stress. Then you just have to attend a Q&A session but it doesn't get graded and factored into your decision lol

Anyone know how the group virtual event is structured ?

Anyone know how the group virtual event is structured ?
It is a group Q&A. All 20 or so applicants introduce themselves and then a faculty member talks briefly and then you get to ask them questions. Super chill and I do not think it is evaluated. I did not ask a question and got accepted.

I also did not ask a single question and got accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard back from my group ii yet, bu5 I received this DMU student ambassadors postcard. Does this just go to everyone?

It is a group Q&A. All 20 or so applicants introduce themselves and then a faculty member talks briefly and then you get to ask them questions. Super chill and I do not think it is evaluated. I did not ask a question and got accepted.
Thank you so much. That seems like a pretty neat layout, I am guessing it's really generic introductions like name, where your from, and what your doing right now + a fun fact ?

I received a postcard in the mail from DMU student ambassadors. Did anyone else get one or know what that means?

I received a postcard in the mail from DMU student ambassadors. Did anyone else get one or know what that means?
I got that too, idk if it means anything tbh, might just go out to everyone

Also just got the A! Anyone know when the deposit deadline is? I'm assuming Dec 14 like all the other schools.

OOS, 3.6 GPA, 513 MCAT, Interview 9/25

I was a week past the deadline with my Kira submission, since in the email it didn't say anything other than check in. I had my group interview 9/29, so I it's reasonable that I haven't received any correspondence yet, but do you think it would be worth emailing and apologizing for that delay since I wasn't aware of it or does it not make any difference at this point?

I am confused about the check in for this school. When I click check in is this going to make me start the interview immediately after or can I check in and record it tomorrow?

I haven't heard back from my group ii yet, bu5 I received this DMU student ambassadors postcard. Does this just go to everyone?
When was your group session and did you receive any decision? I also got a postcard today with hashtag #dmubound.

When was your group session and did you receive any decision? I also got a postcard today with hashtag #dmubound.
No not yet, my postcard said the same thing, I thought it was general tbh. My session was last month 22nd.

No not yet, my postcard said the same thing, I thought it was general tbh. My session was last month 22nd.
Thanks. Mine was on 10/6. As per the website, that hashtag is the official hashtag for incoming and accepted students. So wondered whether I missed anything.

Thanks. Mine was on 10/6. As per the website, that hashtag is the official hashtag for incoming and accepted students. So wondered whether I missed anything.
Yeah I thought that too but I didn't receive a final decision yet so idk if I could read into it.

does anyone know how to withdraw acceptance from here? I can't figure out how to do it on the website.

OOS A received via text just now. LM 68. Re-applicant.

City boys stay winning.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
OOS A!! I literally just got an R from another school a few minutes ago.

Last edited:
  • Love
60 days since my group interview day and still no decision LOL 😭

Who wants to take bets if it’s an A or an R

Received an email asking me to confirm interest in the program, is this a good thing and does it usually lead to an II?

For anyone who has been to campus, is it a relatively nice school? I was accepted 09/15

Sorry for the neuroticism, but how long after submitting Kira will they get back to you about scheduling the group session? Usually how far out are those sessions times/dates from the time you receive the email to schedule?

Received an email asking me to confirm interest in the program, is this a good thing and does it usually lead to an II?
It can, it’s just an interest. I received one in sept and have not heard anything back. Sounds like some people will get 2 of those emails before an interview. Also sounds like DMU has had a lot of high stat applicants. So just hang out and try to relax while you wait. Good luck!

For anyone who has been to campus, is it a relatively nice school? I was accepted 09/15
Have not been to the new campus, but I live in West Des Moines and can say it’s a very nice campus and the location is very nice as well. Close to lots of housing options, food/grocery, and lots of other amenities close by.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else not able to put their ID in on the interest form? I keep on getting an error saying that It can only be text.