2023-2024 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I GOT ACCEPTED! Mcat 507 gpa 3.5 in state

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all, quick question! Did you guys receive only a receipt of payment after submitting the secondary? The school sent me an email with the secondary attached as a PDF and told me to submit it when done. So far, I have only an email with my receipt of payment, but nothing about them receiving my secondary application.

Accepted this morning!!! OOS no ties, interviewed 8/22

Congrats! Did they send you an emailing stating that they received your secondary after you submitted the PDF form?
When I submitted mine it took them a few weeks to send the email confirmation.

I wanna add my perspective to “applicant day” and say how truly wonderful the experience was. Come in guns blazing with questions! Faculty and students were so supportive!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone who also got the acceptance! If there isn’t a group me already, I made one, so dm me if you want the link.

For people who got accepted, did you feel did you feel like you talked a lot during the applicant day? Just curious on how much they evaluate your questions into their decision or if its mostly based on your application and secondary's.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys don’t forget to update your applications! Adcoms are meeting tomorrow.

• Hmm
For people who got accepted, did you feel did you feel like you talked a lot during the applicant day? Just curious on how much they evaluate your questions into their decision or if its mostly based on your application and secondary's.
No, there isn't enough time to. Come prepared with a bunch of questions, though, because I had 4 prepared and a couple of other students already asked it so I had to think of one on the spot.

I didn’t talk a lot but I did try and ask a question during every part if I could. Not sure if that helped or not. But also make sure you look interested during the whole thing as that’s all they really have to go on for the thing.

I wanna add my perspective to “applicant day” and say how truly wonderful the experience was. Come in guns blazing with questions! Faculty and students were so supportive!!
So glad it was great for you! Do you feel like you had opportunity to talk about yourself or was it just more about asking questions?

I only asked 2 questions during the “interview” part bc the faculty were super interactive and other students had great questions. I did try to smile the whole time and look excited to be there but who knows if that helped or not. I second what the other person said about having lots of questions prepared bc some will have been asked already by the time you get to go

Reactions: 1 users
so to the people that interviewed, is there no intro where you talk about yourself and your app? do they jump right into q/a?

so to the people that interviewed, is there no intro where you talk about yourself and your app? do they jump right into q/a?
There was a quick intro where we said our name, university, major, and a fun fact but that was it

Got my IS secondary this past weekend! Did y'all really list out every single school you've applied to in past cycles? Kind of afraid im going to take up a TON of characters given this is my third cycle and i've applied to a ton of MD schools 😅

How long is the applicant day session? Is it really only half an hour?

I submitted my secondary on 8/8 and just received the confirmation email that they received it and i'll receive another status update in 3-4 weeks. Did this happen to anyone else where the confirmation email didn't come for over a month after submission?

I submitted my secondary on 8/8 and just received the confirmation email that they received it and i'll receive another status update in 3-4 weeks. Did this happen to anyone else where the confirmation email didn't come for over a month after submission?
yes

Got my IS secondary this past weekend! Did y'all really list out every single school you've applied to in past cycles? Kind of afraid im going to take up a TON of characters given this is my third cycle and i've applied to a ton of MD schools 😅
How long did it take for you to get your secondary?

Are they just looking for interest and engagement through the interview day?

Hi everyone! I’m a first-year at CUSOM! If you get on the WL, stay in touch with them because they get a lot of WL movement, especially in the spring/summer. They really do wanna see who wants to be here!

If you have any questions about anything (curriculum, classes, application process, etc) feel free to reach out! It’s a great school!

Hi everyone! I’m a first-year at CUSOM! If you get on the WL, stay in touch with them because they get a lot of WL movement, especially in the spring/summer. They really do wanna see who wants to be here!

If you have any questions about anything (curriculum, classes, application process, etc) feel free to reach out! It’s a great school!
Hi, how often do you have to come to campus the first year?

Hi, how often do you have to come to campus the first year?
Attendance isn’t mandatory for lectures, unless they are marked as mandatory. We usually have 4 hour lectures in the morning. Everyone does their own thing when it comes to studying because the lectures are recorded. I do a mix of going to lectures and watching the recordings (I choose by professor).
Labs on the other hand are mandatory. We usually have a OMM 2 hour lab, a Clinical skills hour block, and then an anatomy lab that can be 1-2 hours.

Attendance isn’t mandatory for lectures, unless they are marked as mandatory. We usually have 4 hour lectures in the morning. Everyone does their own thing when it comes to studying because the lectures are recorded. I do a mix of going to lectures and watching the recordings (I choose by professor).
Labs on the other hand are mandatory. We usually have a OMM 2 hour lab, a Clinical skills hour block, and then an anatomy lab that can be 1-2 hours.
How often are yall tested on material? And is it all multiple choice?

How often are yall tested on material? And is it all multiple choice?
We have exams every 2 to 3 weeks. And then have quizzes every Friday.
Exams will be 3 questions per lecture.
Quizzes are 1 question per lecture.
The tests or quizzes aren’t comprehensive, you are only tested on the material during that unit (2 or 3 weeks). Everything is multiple choice. You will have standardized patients exams twice each block but plenty of practices beforehand. You also have anatomy practicals throughout the block. This block we have 2 anatomy practicals.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
We have exams every 2 to 3 weeks. And then have quizzes every Friday.
Exams will be 3 questions per lecture.
Quizzes are 1 question per lecture.
The tests or quizzes aren’t comprehensive, you are only tested on the material during that unit (2 or 3 weeks). Everything is multiple choice. You will have standardized patients exams twice each block but plenty of practices beforehand. You also have anatomy practicals throughout the block. This block we have 2 anatomy practicals.
Thank you!

@DrJ5 how realistic is it to be awarded a merit scholarships? I see I qualify for 2 of them based on my grades.

Thanks!

Accepted!!
Also for any current/future applicants in my unique, but embarrassing, situation… I had to update the adcoms of my stop sign ticket since it’s a misdemeanor in my state. Still received an A!

Honesty is the best policy haha.

• Wow
Also for any current/future applicants in my unique, but embarrassing, situation… I had to update the adcoms of my stop sign ticket since it’s a misdemeanor in my state. Still received an A!

Honesty is the best policy haha.
CRIMINAL!

• Haha