2023-24 Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Pittsburgh)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this a nicer way of rejecting? Got this email yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-21 184415.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-21 184415.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: 1 user
Is there an accepted students GC? Let go of my other acceptances recently and really considering going here.

Members don't see this ad :)
primary app. received 9/6 | app. complete 10/23 | interview invite 11/28 | interview 12/12 | accepted 1/4 :)

Accepted an offer from another school withdrawing my acceptance hopes it goes to someone awesome !

Reactions: 2 users
have my interview here next week... any advice for what questions to prepare for in particular?

have my interview here next week... any advice for what questions to prepare for in particular?
know the basics: why do, why med, why DUQCOM. Prep for ethical questions, know your ECs/activities to talk ab!

Reactions: 1 users
Know the basics, like why DO, make sure also explain why that program in particular especially since its new DO program. Make sure u express how you are excited to be apart of that first DO class because u want to lay the foundation for the next gen...something along those lines and you should be fine.

Know the basics, like why DO, make sure also explain why that program in particular especially since its new DO program. Make sure u express how you are excited to be apart of that first DO class because u want to lay the foundation for the next gen...something along those lines and you should be fine.

Also why Pittsburgh/western PA

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a nicer way of rejecting? Got this email yesterday.
so, reading this, are there any requirements for the preferential admissions like u have to get a 3.5 in the masters? certain mcat requirements to get into the med school after completing their masters? anyone know? because the website for the master's is really barebones.

I have an interview coming up next week and I figured I need to know the basic questions, why medicine, why DO, why DUQCOM, etc., but are there any specific questions that I should prepare for from ahead? I haven't had any A and I want to prepare as much as I can! Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

I have an interview coming up next week and I figured I need to know the basic questions, why medicine, why DO, why DUQCOM, etc., but are there any specific questions that I should prepare for from ahead? I haven't had any A and I want to prepare as much as I can! Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Practice some ethical questions; know your ECs/activties, and honestly, be yourself!🩷🙏

is there an admitted students groupme or group chat somewhere?

anyone else interview early December and still not heard back? haven't even gotten a WL email or anything...wondering if I should email them or not

Hi, how long after the interview did you guys obtain a decision? I interviewed this week and I am checking my portal daily but I just want to know how long it took you guys to hear a decision? and thank you in advance!!

Hi, how long after the interview did you guys obtain a decision? I interviewed this week and I am checking my portal daily but I just want to know how long it took you guys to hear a decision? and thank you in advance!!
a month, I interviewed 10/31 and heard back 11/30

Hi, I have a question for any recent applicant. Did you guys have both an applicant ID and Duquesne ID number prior to being admitted or no? My portal states both and I just can't remember if the ID is new or no it has been there lol.

Hi, I have a question for any recent applicant. Did you guys have both an applicant ID and Duquesne ID number prior to being admitted or no? My portal states both and I just can't remember if the ID is new or no it has been there lol.
You should have both since the moment you successfully registered your account

OOS II received just now, LM 70.4. Will be turning it down, hope it goes to one of you!

Last edited:
So does this mean all seats are taken mostly?
sounds like it rn but i wonder if since it’s such a new program a lot of those ppl may give up their deposit and choose another program?? hopefully that would give some waitlist movement, im waitlisted since october so im banking on that lol! but they had great vibes at their interview day so i wouldnt be surprised if they do stay filled up between the small class size and their new facilities

sounds like it rn but i wonder if since it’s such a new program a lot of those ppl may give up their deposit and choose another program?? hopefully that would give some waitlist movement, im waitlisted since october so im banking on that lol! but they had great vibes at their interview day so i wouldnt be surprised if they do stay filled up between the small class size and their new facilities
When did you interview? Do they tell you relatively fast if you’re wait listed or not?

OOS II, they said that the interviews are for waitlist spots.

Last edited:
Anyone know if they take 495+ scores ? Im retaking in September or possibly January and just want to know if they even interview people in the upper 490’s or if it’s a hard cutoff with the 500 😩
did you ever get an answer

got my first A yesterday from this school 😭
this is my second cycle — i’ve been so tired, and i feel like i can finally rest :’)

primary verified: 11/20
secondary received: 11/21
secondary submitted: 12/4
II received: 12/20
interview date: 1/23
acceptance: 2/22

other:
IS (grew up in the suburbs of pittsburgh)
strong mission fit (i think), my extracurriculars skewed heavily towards community service

Reactions: 3 users

got my first A yesterday from this school 😭
this is my second cycle — i’ve been so tired, and i feel like i can finally rest :’)

primary verified: 11/20
secondary received: 11/21
secondary submitted: 12/4
II received: 12/20
interview date: 1/23
acceptance: 2/22

other:
IS (grew up in the suburbs of pittsburgh)
strong mission fit (i think), my extracurriculars skewed heavily towards community service
share your stats please

MCAT (one attempt): 515 (128, 129, 127, 131)
cGPA: 3.85
sGPA (according to AACOMAS): 3.74
I'm kinda in the same boat with you in terms of similar stats, any idea as to why other schools haven't bitten yet? do you think maybe it was your writing, clinical hours, interview, etc?