2023-24 Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Pittsburgh)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wondering what people who have interviewed thought of the school. I was pretty impressed with what they have put together so far with faculty and facilities. Seems like the school is throwing a lot of money at the program and determined to make it a top DO school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Wondering what people who have interviewed thought of the school. I was pretty impressed with what they have put together so far with faculty and facilities. Seems like the school is throwing a lot of money at the program and determined to make it a top DO school.
I felt the exact same way. I also read the student handbook - they def def are determined. You could tell from the staff and just the kindness. This was my favorite interview by far.
Also, they really brought in faculty from PCOM, VCOM, NYITCOM, MSUCOM, OUHCOM, etc. I talked to some friends who are students at the schools where their faculty was taken from and they said “yeah we’ve heard DUQCOM will be getting up there.” This is different from A LOT of new med schools I’ve seen by far. Also it’s affiliated with an undergrad which (I think) makes a huge diff. They said they set up their rotation sites with solid centers too… and their list was def solid (UPenn, Indiana health center, etc.). idk I felt the love but maybe I’m bias? 😂💀
Lastly, one of my interviewers said that the DO school they were working at last time was a money grab institution - she left to come to DUQCOM bc she said it was truly investing into us. That caught my attention by far. She even said the solid rotation sites was a big thing too. I honestly think this class will fill up - I don’t think ppl will drop an acceptance to quickly besides the fact it is a new class. It’s in a metropolitan city, associated with an undergrad, coming with genuine staff… to me, they seem pretty fire so far.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone received any Rs yet? never received a secondary, probably screened out but wanted to see if anyone else was in a similar position
Same here! I reached out in August but they said that my application was under review. Haven't heard anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how to check the portal? When i log on all it says is thanks for applying, contact recruiter and no payment needed since i submitted a while ago

Anyone know how to check the portal? When i log on all it says is thanks for applying, contact recruiter and no payment needed since i submitted a while ago
Same here I also have received no II or a heard anything else since submission. I believe they did an email a while ago to open up a portal account?

OOS II received just now! The interview was a bit too sudden though was anyone able to successfully reschedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Like next week and it’s in person lol. Does this school give virtual interviews if anyone knows?
when i did my interview Monday was in person and Tuesday was over zoom - my in person date had people all the way from DC, North Carolina, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
when i did my interview Monday was in person and Tuesday was over zoom - my in person date had people all the way from DC, North Carolina, etc.

How many people in person?

Oh interesting what was the zoom session about? Like an info session or another interview?

Oh interesting what was the zoom session about? Like an info session or another interview?
sorry my first post was poorly worded but the Monday interview date was in person and then there was a separate interview date on Tuesday that was completely virtual - i imagine those people were from further away but there was no option to choose for me which option i wanted!

For those who have had interviews how was the overall general impression as a new school? Did it seem like the faculty and everyone there were relatively welcoming and the school has enough resources or fleshed out curriculum/clinical sites?

Anyone know if they take 495+ scores ? Im retaking in September or possibly January and just want to know if they even interview people in the upper 490’s or if it’s a hard cutoff with the 500 😩
I have a high 49X and got a secondary

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 10/02 heard back? We were supposed to hear by today and I’m starting to get anxious haha

Interviewing here tomorrow, does anyone have tips? :)

Interviewing here tomorrow, does anyone have tips? :)

There seems to be a bunch of SDN people doing so. There needs to be an SDN prospective Duq DO students interviewing tomorrow meetup like at the nearby hotel or something tonight

OOS II received this morning! Submitted my secondary 10/12, was shocked at the quick turnaround time lol, but excited nonetheless!

Update: heard back with an email notification that I was waitlisted :( If anyone has gotten off the waitlist yet I would love to hear from you!

At any of the interviews, did they mention if they qualify for federal student loans? Or would you need to take out private?

for anyone who has interviewed, why is the time frame 7 hours? is there an information session that follows?

anyone who interviewed the week of 10/2 hear back yet? I got an email regarding the portal but its not updated, did not receive anything in the folder given at the interview as another student commented

anyone who interviewed the week of 10/2 hear back yet? I got an email regarding the portal but its not updated, did not receive anything in the folder given at the interview as another student commented
I haven't heard anything back either, nothing on the portal for me as well

I haven't heard anything back either, nothing on the portal for me as well
They mentioned in my session at least that since there are more applicants now it may take a bit longer to hear back decisions like 5 weeks potentially

Would anyone be willing to share information on how to prepare for the interview? Is each interview really the whole 30 mins?

30 mins goes by so fast lol. Tbh, was one of the best interview processes this cycle I’ve been through. Really enjoyed my conversations with all the interviewers and other interviewees. Everyone was awesome and made it feel very chill

Check portals!!! Didn’t get an email yet but got the A in my portal!!

Check portals!!! Didn’t get an email yet but got the A in my portal!!

Congrats! Did it just show you the A on the main page or did you have to click somewhere specific? Also if you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? Congrats again!!!!

Congrats! Did it just show you the A on the main page or did you have to click somewhere specific? Also if you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? Congrats again!!!!

Thank you!! When I logged into the portal it gives the option to pay enrollment deposit and says congrats for being admitted. There’s also a decisions headline on the side of the screen where the official letter is. So you can’t miss it :) interviewed 10/10