2023-24 Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Pittsburgh)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if they take 495+ scores ? Im retaking in September or possibly January and just want to know if they even interview people in the upper 490’s or if it’s a hard cutoff with the 500 😩
It says bith on their website no I believe AACOMAS that they have a screening of 500 MCAT so NO

Members don't see this ad.

It says bith on their website no I believe AACOMAS that they have a screening of 500 MCAT so NO
New DO schools will say this on their websites and still end up accepting people with 497-499 because they don’t have a choice if they want to fill their class.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
received an interview yesterday, currently live in pittsburgh, 505/3.8, submitted around 6/28

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what type of interview this school has? traditional, MMI etc. I have an interview Monday but could not find the information.

has anyone applied with a sub 500 and got a secondary? i have a 498

Has anyone with a lower gpa/higher mcat receive an interview?

Just got my first A! Did anyone else from the August 15th interview date get accepted?

Any new interviews given out or are they going in waves?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finished interviews today, i believe there’s a virtual section tomorrow. Interviews were 1 on 1 with three different interviews, very open ended (almost too much to the point where it felt like I was interviewing them) Decisions should be posted by Friday of interview week. Only advice would be come prepared with lots of questions for your interviewers.

Finished interviews today, i believe there’s a virtual section tomorrow. Interviews were 1 on 1 with three different interviews, very open ended (almost too much to the point where it felt like I was interviewing them) Decisions should be posted by Friday of interview week. Only advice would be come prepared with lots of questions for your interviewers.
Hey, have you hear back?

Going a bit insane rn… has anyone heard back for this week’s interview decisions? I can’t remember if they said decisions would come out Friday but I haven’t heard anything. Is this a soft rejection? 😭

Going a bit insane rn… has anyone heard back for this week’s interview decisions? I can’t remember if they said decisions would come out Friday but I haven’t heard anything. Is this a soft rejection? 😭
I’m in the same situation I’m like 99% sure they said Friday but I guess not. At least for us two

No fr… the person who had the Monday interview above also said they haven’t heard back ^
Were you virtual?
Ya I was virtual on Tuesday. Very weird. I know for last week they found out by Friday and the week before that as well.

Ya I was virtual on Tuesday. Very weird. I know for last week they found out by Friday and the week before that as well.
Same here. Maybe we had too many ppl in our session so they’re behind? Idk I figured we’d get an email too or something if it was late. Hopefully everything is okay/well for them (even though I’m having the worst anxiety lol)

Same here. Maybe we had too many ppl in our session so they’re behind? Idk I figured we’d get an email too or something if it was late. Hopefully everything is okay/well for them (even though I’m having the worst anxiety lol)
Ya I’m not sure either maybe someone couldn’t make it to their admission discussions. Hopefully we find out at least by next week.

Anyone get an email asking them to make an account? Is that a sign of an II? Or just a step in the process. Submitted my secondary back in late June and haven’t heard since.

Anyone get an email asking them to make an account? Is that a sign of an II? Or just a step in the process. Submitted my secondary back in late June and haven’t heard since.
I also got the email. Wondering the same thing.

I also got the email. Wondering the same thing.
Same! I was wondering if they needed anything else like missing something from my app but I don’t see anything on the portal

can someone who’s gotten an interview weight in?

Got the same email as you guys. I emailed them back and the graduate admissions.

Just got an email back saying
"Grad admissions passed along your email. The language in the email you received was automated. As long as you have submitted the application and paid your application fee you are good to go. We apologize for the confusion.
Thank you for your interest in DUQCOM."

Was really hoping it was gonna be a link to schedule an interview :(

Interviewed 8/21, didn’t get an email but when i made a portal account i found out i got waitlisted :/

Were those who got interviewed primarily from PA? I am not from there but live in the northeast so super interested (LM 71). Also ditto to those who got email to make an account today (Submitted 8/14)

Who does it say your recruiter is in the portal? I wonder if everyone has someone different?

Really standard! Know your answers to the 3 standards Qs and know what kind of population you want to practice in. Know how to address any weaknesses, but other than that, it was great! 3 separate interviews back to back sandwiched between info sessions :)
Hey can you clarify what you mean by standards Qs? from the application?

It does not say the word "accepted" anywhere in my application portal but it does give me an option now to pay my enrollment deposit, does this mean I have been accepted?

It does not say the word "accepted" anywhere in my application portal but it does give me an option now to pay my enrollment deposit, does this mean I have been accepted?
what does your portal look like? What are the headers

OOS II 08/08
LM 67.3

Pushed the interview to 09/26/23 due to a work conflict but I was hoping if anybody had some tips for the interview.

UPDATE!!! I JUST GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II 08/08
LM 67.3

Pushed the interview to 09/26/23 due to a work conflict but I was hoping if anybody had some tips for the interview.
Congrats! When were you complete? Just trying to see where they are at in reviewing

anyone received any Rs yet? never received a secondary, probably screened out but wanted to see if anyone else was in a similar position