2023-24 Duquesne University College of Osteopathic Medicine (Pittsburgh)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck to everyone applying!

Secondary prompt:
ESSAY QUESTION 1:
Why do you want to become a physician, and how are you a good fit for DUQCOM's mission?
PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FROM QUESTIONS 2 - 4.
(maximum 400 words for each question)
ESSAY QUESTION 2 - Describe a situation in which you had to utilize your beliefs and values to interact with people from different backgrounds. How did those beliefs and values impact the relationship?
ESSAY QUESTION 3 - While there is great emphasis on the physician-patient relationship, DUQCOM also emphasizes the importance of training future physicians to care for diverse communities and populations. Describe how your experiences would contribute to caring for patients in under-resourced communities as they relate to addressing health disparities, which is a key component of the mission of the College of Medicine.
ESSAY QUESTION 4 - Comment upon how you intend to utilize your medical training to impact the healthcare profession. Please include two of the following topics in your answer: application of knowledge in ethics, regional and global health disparities, health policies and economics, innovation and entrepreneurship, medical humanities, patient safety, quality improvement, and scientific discovery.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
application submitted 6/14, verified 6/20, secondary received 6/.21

Submitted secondary but there was nowhere to submit payment... anyone else have this issue?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if they will send out more secondaries as they review? or nah?

They already got back to me and just sent me my link for payment.
so do we have to email them to get a link for payment? or will they be emailing us on their own? ik they're a new school and all but seems kinda weird...

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my secondary, will they email me with the payment link or?

Primary app verified and submitted 7/6, but I haven't heard anything yet. Do they usually send a confirmation email that app is received before the secondary?

Does anybody know what kind of interview they are planning on having?

Does anyone know if they will offer federal loans for their first year class?

submitted late june, haven't heard anything. did I get screened out?

submitted late june, haven't heard anything. did I get screened out?

Is the cycle well under way for them? Should I get worried? I see that only 2 people here received II. I don’t really know their metrics, but they definitely interview OOS as per above comment.
ETA

Is the cycle well under way for them? Should I get worried? I see that only 2 people here revived II. I don’t really know their metrics
i haven't gotten a secondary/any communication from them :dead:

i haven't gotten a secondary/any communication from them :dead:

About the secondary, I would call to see what is the hold up. They are very nice, but they didn’t send me anything after I submitted secondary so they are not hot on update emails it seems, but you are always welcome to call I guess.

For those who have had the interview,
How was it?
Are there any curveball questions they ask or any difficult ones?
Any recommendations about certain topics to review?
How was format?

Reactions: 1 users
^
how many people were at the interview day? was it an MMI format? what was the dress code lol?

CONGRATS!!! HOW WAS THE INTERVIEW FUTURE DOC?!
Really standard! Know your answers to the 3 standards Qs and know what kind of population you want to practice in. Know how to address any weaknesses, but other than that, it was great! 3 separate interviews back to back sandwiched between info sessions :)

Really standard! Know your answers to the 3 standards Qs and know what kind of population you want to practice in. Know how to address any weaknesses, but other than that, it was great! 3 separate interviews back to back sandwiched between info sessions :)
Do they plan to have federal financial aid available to students? And what will their tuition and COA be? Just wondering because I have a close family applying.

Did anyone else have problems submitting the secondary? I was never prompted to pay the fee and never got a confirmation email. I sent them an email, but haven't gotten a response yet.

Anyone know if they take 495+ scores ? Im retaking in September or possibly January and just want to know if they even interview people in the upper 490’s or if it’s a hard cutoff with the 500 😩

Has anyone gotten an interview yet?

Last edited: