2023-2024 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got rejected today :( strong rural focus, sub 3.0 undergrad science which is what I think did it but 3.5 masters gpa with all science courses.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
II received yesterday. Have to do in person on 10/30 due to work schedule. Any good hotels in the area?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long are the interviews? Is is really 11am-4pm? One email says the interview is at 1pm after the student and admission panel, so is there something after the interview?

How was your interview? Did they question anything?
no interview. Post secondary R. 506 mcat, 3.5 masters but low undergrad gpa which is what ruined it for me I think. Sad bc I really liked the rural focus.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
no interview. Post secondary R. 506 mcat, 3.5 masters but low undergrad gpa which is what ruined it for me I think. Sad bc I really liked the rural focus.

Oof that’s harsh for those stats. Im sure you’ll get love elsewhere!

• Love
Anyone having issues accessing secondary portal for application status ? it says permission denied. lmao is that a rejection on the way ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed last week, got the acceptance call today!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed Monday September 25th, just got the call today with the A!!!! Let me know if you need any pointers for the interview, very chill and comfortable.

Interviewed Monday September 25th, just got the call today with the A!!!! Let me know if you need any pointers for the interview, very chill and comfortable.
Interview their tomorrow. Did they ask any personal questions about you or your application? Also, did they branch off of your responses with secondary questions or did they just let you respond and go to the next question?

Interview their tomorrow. Did they ask any personal questions about you or your application? Also, did they branch off of your responses with secondary questions or did they just let you respond and go to the next question?

From my experience last year, they can branch away if they choose but they have certain questions they want to ask to everyone. They did reference my application a handful of times

Interviewed last week, got the acceptance call to

Interview there tomorrow. Did they ask any personal questions about you or your application? Also, did they branch off of your responses with secondary questions or did they just let you respond and go to the next question?
They asked some baseline questions and really formed them around what was said in your application. If they found something interesting you wrote about, they would ask you for more information about it. they would sometimes branch off and ask more questions but as long as you were pretty detailed they would be happy with your answer.

Anyone who’s gotten an II, what are your stats? I’m trying to gauge my likelihood of getting a II LOL

Anyone who’s gotten an II, what are your stats? I’m trying to gauge my likelihood of getting a II LOL
MCAT: 508 cGPA: 3.87 sGPA: 3.85
Big rural focus with strong LORs from alumni.

The Office of Admissions would like to invite you...

to an open house!

Why have they got to do us dirty like this? My brain can't handle this! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Would going to the open house in person help my chances at this school? I’m OOS

Is there a groupme that anyone created for 2024 prospective/admitted students?

Hey guys, do they send secondaries to everyone? I just got the secondary but I am way below average for their mcat, so is it worth sending?

Hey guys, do they send secondaries to everyone? I just got the secondary but I am way below average for their mcat, so is it worth sending?

As long as you meet the screen, you will get a 2°

Quick tip: if you are serious about attending this school and would like to know more about it— go to the fireside chat.

I didn’t get my II until after I attended a couple of them. It shows interest.
What is it like? I have not used this platform before and I am attending the fire chat session tomorrow

For people who already interviewed online: how long should I expect the 1-on-1 interview to take? Thank you!

Congrats!! Do you have any general advice you would give? Interviewing tmr!

For people who already interviewed online: how long should I expect the 1-on-1 interview to take? Thank you!
Interviewed on 9/28 and got the A today. Mine was with two interviewers and they asked 6-10 questions and they were all pretty straightforward questions. I'd say in total the actual interview portion took no more than 20-30 minutes. Very conversational as everyone has previously said and I'd say just know what you put on your application and the general medical school interview questions. After that, I had about an hour and a half to do whatever I wanted at home and logged back on to talk with some faculty and students for about an hour to an hour and a half. So from I logged on at 8:15 and was completely done with interview day just before 1pm. Don't be afraid to reach out with any other questions!

So many emails from WVSOM!! I keep thinking it will be an II 😂

does anyone know if the fireside chat is like a Zoom? Cameras on and such?