2023-2024 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else received IIs since Tuesday? They keep sending me emails about all the things they offer and trying to sell the school. Ik WV is a good school your my top freakin choice just give me an II!!!
Same

Members don't see this ad.

what were your stats, also how are you enjoying it soo far?

My stats were 506 and 3.8.
I’m loving it so far. This has been one of the best times of my life with the people I’ve met and the experiences I had leading up to the first day of classes. There is a huge sense of community between everyone here at WVSOM, including all the faculty. Overall— everybody is just so nice and I absolutely love it.

School itself has been tough (surprise surprise). Started last Thursday and we all feel like we’ve learned enough for an entire year lol but we’re all trying to get adjusted to the high workload.

Reactions: 3 users
I got a 15 day notice to submit my secondary. Is it too late to be realistically considered?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone get invited to their fireside chats?

Anyone else read "the office of admissions invites you..." only to get extremely disappointed?

Reactions: 6 users
Quick tip: if you are serious about attending this school and would like to know more about it— go to the fireside chat.

I didn’t get my II until after I attended a couple of them. It shows interest.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
First year who just got done with the first day of lectures Feel free to drop any questions and I will try my best to answer them from the perspective of someone who was in y’all’s shoes not too long ago.

I have a question if you don’t mind. Not sure if you’re IS or OOS, but do you know if WVSOM offers scholarships or ways to make the tuition more doable for out of state students?

I have a question if you don’t mind. Not sure if you’re IS or OOS, but do you know if WVSOM offers scholarships or ways to make the tuition more doable for out of state students?

So not to my knowledge for OOS in the way you may be thinking, but the school has a program to incentive you to stay in the state by making your tuition IS if you oblige to practice in WV for every year you receive the grant

Reactions: 1 users
So not to my knowledge for OOS in the way you may be thinking, but the school has a program to incentive you to stay in the state by making your tuition IS if you oblige to practice in WV for every year you receive the grant

Cool, good to know. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
[QUOTE="HarryStyles28.[/QUOTE]

This is awesome!! Congrats!

• Love
[QUOTE="HarryStyles28.[/QUOTE]Congratulations!!

• Love
Has anyone else received acceptance calls who interviewed last week?

Quick tip: if you are serious about attending this school and would like to know more about it— go to the fireside chat.

I didn’t get my II until after I attended a couple of them. It shows interest.
Do I need to sign up for this? If so, Please shed some light on the process. Thanks.

Anyone heard back from 08/31 interview? I forgot what day they said we should hear back

Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed on 08/31.

I interview here tomorrow, mind talking about how your overall experience was?

I interview here tomorrow, mind talking about how your overall experience was?
Congrats on your interview! As for the experience itself, I will say be prepared for the standard questions (tell us about yourself, why medicine, why osteopathic medicine, etc.). They just want to get to know you, so try not to stress about it too much. Good luck!

Just got the A, interviewed on 8/31.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if WVSOM ghosts applicants? I was complete 06/30 and still haven't heard anything back

Chose the virtual interview option on Oct 12. Got an email saying it’ll be from 8am - 1pm. Have no idea what the format is? Can anyone tell me more details like if it’s traditional or MMI at least? I have no idea how to prepare

Received an acceptance call from here just now!!! Great vibes from both the students and faculty here, another school that’s high on my list

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Received a call! Got the A!! Interviewed 9/7

• Care
interviewed 9/11, got the A!! bless, it's a beautiful school

Chose the virtual interview option on Oct 12. Got an email saying it’ll be from 8am - 1pm. Have no idea what the format is? Can anyone tell me more details like if it’s traditional or MMI at least? I have no idea how to prepare
in-person was traditional, so I imagine that the virtual will be as well. If you go on their YouTube channel they have tips for virtual interviews.

Timing wise - your interview will be in the morning, likely before meeting with dean, student panel, etc. The interview will be around 30 minutes(?) and you'll have a break before you log back on and do the other things. Have some good questions prepared for the student panel and interviewers! Prepare for the common questions and look over your app. Best of luck!