2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This might be a silly question but does anybody know if we get in state tuition after the first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a silly question but does anybody know if we get in state tuition after the first year?
They said the only way to get IS tuition as an OOS student is to reside in Michigan, for non school related reasons, for at least 6 months (before or after matriculation). A.K.A it’s not possible after you start school which sucks.

Reactions: 2 users
Screenshot 2024-02-21 114244.png

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
Gg everyone, good luck with your other applications!

Just to clarify, the interview only includes the 3 part student, faculty and MMI portions correct? There’s no presentations or anything? Any II tips are definitely appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
For WSU, is class attendance mandatory? How many days a week must we be in person in class? Can anyone answer? Thank you.
We have mandatory in-person practice sessions/labs/other things approximately 4 days a week. This doesn't include lectures, which are all online and recorded. On average I would guess we spend around 10-15 hours a week in-person.

Reactions: 1 user
We have mandatory in-person practice sessions/labs/other things approximately 4 days a week. This doesn't include lectures, which are all online and recorded. On average I would guess we spend around 10-15 hours a week in-person.
is there a lot of study space on campus?

people from 2/12 heard back so 2/2 has def already been reviewed
That's crazy how 2/12 people are hearing back but not 2/2 if we've already been reviewed. Med Schools out here doing a random simulator of releasing decisions man 😭

Hi, has anyone else that is interviewing tomorrow received an email or a link for the welcome session. It says on the portal that we should get it "shortly before the interview day". Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything and good luck tomorrow everyone!

Hi, has anyone else that is interviewing tomorrow received an email or a link for the welcome session. It says on the portal that we should get it "shortly before the interview day". Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything and good luck tomorrow everyone!
No haven't received anything yet

I messed up this interview so badly. It was a trainwreck for me. So I'm prolly going to get rejected! Lol

I messed up this interview so badly. It was a trainwreck for me. So I'm prolly going to get rejected! Lol
Don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure you did better than you think and they know this is a nerve-wracking experience. the interview is only one piece. I hope you give yourself some time to relax today :)

Don't be so hard on yourself. I am sure you did better than you think and they know this is a nerve-wracking experience. the interview is only one piece. I hope you give yourself some time to relax today :)
Thanks I have had other interviews but this one was just bad. I fumbled alot. This was my last interview of the season as well!

• Care
Last week!
Ayeeee, that's some killer turnaround. I mean WSU is known for it post-II for regular admissions. Do you mind me asking what specialty you applied to? And types of experience you have related to the specialty (shadowing, volunteering, paid work)?

Ayeeee, that's some killer turnaround. I mean WSU is known for it post-II for regular admissions. Do you mind me asking what specialty you applied to? And types of experience you have related to the specialty (shadowing, volunteering, paid work)?
Don’t wanna dox myself, but I would be happy to answer any questions in a DM!

do we know the post-ii turn around time? someone from my interview date has heard back and curious when i should send a letter of intent (interviewed like 2 weeks ago)

do we know the post-ii turn around time? someone from my interview date has heard back and curious when i should send a letter of intent (interviewed like 2 weeks ago)
Mine was three weeks on the nose. It seems that for some it takes significantly longer, but it seems most people hear back in the 4-6 week range. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
mine was exactly 1 week post ii! i think it just depends tbh

For those who are accepted, how did you feel about your MMIs? I felt like my faculty/student interview went relatively well, but I think I may have bombed the MMI. Still waiting for a decision from my interview a couple of weeks ago.

For those who are accepted, how did you feel about your MMIs? I felt like my faculty/student interview went relatively well, but I think I may have bombed the MMI. Still waiting for a decision from my interview a couple of weeks ago.
I felt the MMIs were difficult to gage. I thought it didn't go as well, but then thought maybe I did okay. But definitely have my doubts about it

When do you think WL movement will happen?
It's already begun for some people. I think the majority will happen starting May 1st though, since that's when people can only hold one acceptance. This school has a tonnnn of waitlist movement, so I would stay hopeful! I don't know how they view letter of interest or intent post-II, but I'm pretty sure they accept them if you want to give one of those a shot! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if the dean of WSUSOM conducts any interviews with applicants?

Anyone else hoping for interview decisions this week? Idk but it seems like roughly every 2-3 weeks something happens.

Has anyone still not received an II since secondary? I submitted 8/2

Reactions: 3 users