2023-2024 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anybody know what the average MCAT of KYCOM is? Websites say different numbers
Verbally, I was told somewhere around 503-504 and 3.5-3.65 sGPA. They have increased their numbers over the years apparently but I have nothing concrete to cite you.

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrawing my A from here, hopefully one of you will get the spot soon!! Good luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone!

I got accepted (yay!) and I’m very interested in KYCOM, but I want to learn more before I 100% commit to attend. Therefore, I want to make sure I know what I’m agreeing to by paying the deposit and accepting the offer.

1) I know that typically paying the deposit at a school would not be a binding agreement to attend. Am I right in thinking this is the case for KYCOM, too?

2) Is choosing “accept” in the “offer response” tab part of the deposit process to save a seat? If it’s separate, what level of commitment does it entail and does it have the same deadline as the deposit?

3) Are other materials due on the deposit deadline? If so, what else is due?

Thank you so much to anyone with answers, and good luck to anyone waiting for news!

Has anyone gotten an interview since the beginning of January?

Reactions: 1 user
I have an upcoming interview with KYCOM! Just wonder if the interview is going to be open, closed, or partial open? What type of questions do they normally ask?

I have an upcoming interview with KYCOM! Just wonder if the interview is going to be open, closed, or partial open? What type of questions do they normally ask?
It's open file. Just know the basics like why medicine, why do, and be prepared to talk about any meaningful experiences in your life! My interview was extremely chill and conversational. Favorite interview so far!

It's open file. Just know the basics like why medicine, why do, and be prepared to talk about any meaningful experiences in your life! My interview was extremely chill and conversational. Favorite interview so far!
Thank you for the details!

I second this! They were also reassuring me during the interview, saying "That was a good response" or "I'm really impressed with ___" which helped me stay confident. Definitely have answers to the basic questions prepared, but don't stress. Remember to have fun!

In state, secondary submitted 11/28, got an email to interview on 2/21 and interviewed on 2/26.

Has anyone who interviewed in the past few weeks heard anything from admissions?

Interviewed late February. Received A call today.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed a few days before 2/27- is it safe to assume I’ll be rejected or waitlisted? I was told I’d hear back within a week to a week and a half.

I interviewed a few days before 2/27- is it safe to assume I’ll be rejected or waitlisted? I was told I’d hear back within a week to a week and a half.
They said the committee should meet on 29th. If Dean is the one making all the calls, maybe it can take him 2-3 days max to contact everyone who get an A. Don't lose hope yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A call today from Dean Kingery, interviewed 2/29! FIRST ACCEPTANCE.... I'm going to be a DOctor!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Anyone have a more detailed match list? Like programs people match into specifically?
They said they are going to try and get the list updated this week. But they are a couple years behind now.

Edit: it is now somewhat live at this link but as far as I can tell not all of it is viewable on mobile.

Last edited: