2023-2024 University of Pikeville College of Osteopathic Medicine (UP-KYCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II invite just now received … have to email back to schedule but very excited!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,

I got an OOS II yesterday and emailed the Adcom back to schedule an interview. They replied to me this morning that they will call me soon to schedule an interview but it has been quite a few hours waiting for a call from them. Should I wait longer or should I give them a call on the number the provided earlier?

Hi all,

I got an OOS II yesterday and emailed the Adcom back to schedule an interview. They replied to me this morning that they will call me soon to schedule an interview but it has been quite a few hours waiting for a call from them. Should I wait longer or should I give them a call on the number the provided earlier?
I’d wait a bit, the lady’s name is Jennifer and she got back to me two days after that email. She’s got dozens of people to call up she will get to you

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received! My first II I'm so excited! Secondary submitted 8/2.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 8/31! Honestly a great experience! They meet every 2 weeks so hoping to hear soon!

Interviewed on 8/31! Honestly a great experience! They meet every 2 weeks so hoping to hear soon!
I agree! Interviewed 9/1! Honestly time went by so quick it didn’t even feel like interview was over 45 minutes long it was more like a chill conversation. They were giving feedback casually after each of my response

Do you remember if they said they would meet this week at all? I interviewed on 8/25 and they said they'd meet in week and a half's time, so it should be around now.

Just got an acceptance call from here! First time a school has called with an acceptance and it was nice touch to it. Great interview experience, great sense of community, and one I’m highly considering

Reactions: 3 users
After completing the secondary, how long until people have been hearing back?

Just got an acceptance call from here! First time a school has called with an acceptance and it was nice touch to it. Great interview experience, great sense of community, and one I’m highly considering
Congrats!!!!!!! When did you interview?

Also got the acceptance call! Interviewed 8/25

Congrats on the acceptance!! Any interview tips?

Congrats!! How was the interview?
It was really chill! It was a professor and admissions director turned his camera off but listened to our conversation. It lasted an hour and it was very conversational.

It was really chill! It was a professor and admissions director turned his camera off but listened to our conversation. It lasted an hour and it was very conversational.
Awesome, thanks for the reply! Best of luck to you and hope we turn out to be future classmates!

OOS II completed on 9/15! It was very relaxed and I'm so glad that I had this interview first. Hoping to hear back over the next 2 weeks!

OOS II virtual completed on 9/15 and it was the best experience ever. I am so happy this was my first interview, they genuinely seemed to care about me as an applicant and I couldn't have asked for a better interview. Very conversational, no crazy questions, it was great.

I have my interview this week. What kind of questions did they ask?

What are your stats?
Of course!! I completed the primary on 7/5 and received my secondary a week later around 7/12. I left it unfinished until this Wednesday, 8/2 (partly bc money) and got the II on Friday 8/4!

MCAT 496 -> 502
3.86 cGPA, too lazy to figure out sGPA lol
3 years in a non-clinical job, and just started a clinical MA job at the local hospital for the gap year
some odd 100-200 hours of outpatient and emergency room volunteering, like 400-500 hours volunteering in the local youth group chapter.

I'm going to be a doc!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got the A call!!! :) OOS Interviewed 8/31 :)

Reactions: 5 users
Also got the A call today!! Interviewed on 9/14. Such much hard work to get here, it hasn't really sunk in yet. But very excited!! 😭🙌🏼
OOS, cGPA 3.4, post-bacc GPA 3.97, MCAT 497>502.

Sending good vibes to everyone on this thread. As someone who has applied previous cycles, I know this process is crazy, but don't give up!!

People who submitted their secondary and got an II, how long did it take?
July 12th secondary received and submitted
Aug 31st II for September 8th
(actually interviewed on September 13th because of a health crisis)
Accepted on September 22nd.

So it took me awhile to get through each step. Hope that helps!

Hey ya'll, is there any current students that I could speak to? I got an II and am super excited, so I would appreciate anybody that would be willing to donate a little bit of time to answer some questions and tell me about your experiences :)

My call showed “UPIKE” and was from Pikeville Kentucky. But I answered it lol

My call showed “UPIKE” and was from Pikeville Kentucky. But I answered it lol
What did they say!? I missed that call but was wondering what it was about, they never even left a voicemail

What did they say!? I missed that call but was wondering what it was about, they never even left a voicemail
It was ominous at first. “Hello, is this *insert name?* I was calling to follow up on your interview… you’re accepted.”

My mind was racing for all the possible things I could have done to mess up the interview. But it turned out to be good news. The Dean calls each admitted student personally. He was very nice.

It was ominous at first. “Hello, is this *insert name?* I was calling to follow up on your interview… you’re accepted.”

My mind was racing for all the possible things I could have done to mess up the interview. But it turned out to be good news. The Dean calls each admitted student personally. He was very nice.
Congrats!! what's your stats?