2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will be withdrawing my OOS A to Peoria by tomorrow. Best of luck to those waiting on a decision. I hope one of you gets it. <3

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Figured, it's just a bit "funny". I wonder when the hard rejections will come out.

Honestly it’s just disrespectful lol. Like if we weren’t acceptable in August then we aren’t acceptable now. Just rip off the band-aid, don’t slowly peel it off. Massive respect to University of Wisconsin lol, they let me know real quick that I wasn’t in the running.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know when financial aid/scholarship info is set to be released?

I've been on a Pre-II hold since december. This is a soft-R, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly it’s just disrespectful lol. Like if we weren’t acceptable in August then we aren’t acceptable now. Just rip off the band-aid, don’t slowly peel it off. Massive respect to University of Wisconsin lol, they let me know real quick that I wasn’t in the running.
Agreed 100%. Still haven't heard anything. If I remember correctly they also took a while to send out secondaries. I'm going to send another email asking about interview dates, because why not.

In the wise words of an unknown person: "it is what it is".

Email from admissions:

Thank you for your email. Our interviews for the 2023-2024, have concluded. Please continue to check your application portal regularly for any updates, as final decisions will be sent out in the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience.

All the best,

UICOM ADMISSIONS TEAM

Email from admissions:

Thank you for your email. Our interviews for the 2023-2024, have concluded. Please continue to check your application portal regularly for any updates, as final decisions will be sent out in the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience.

All the best,

UICOM ADMISSIONS TEAM

Man this school is so obsessed with their portal when it’s legitimately useless. Even when we know for a fact we’re cooked, they want us to refresh that damn portal. When I’d call throughout the process to ask them for updates, they’d emphasize checking the portal even though they don’t update applicants on how their process is going the way schools who actually utilize the portal do. If every update is coming through email, and you’re not posting any updates or rejections in a timely fashion, what are we even checking for? Seriously strange system man ngl to y’all

Reactions: 1 user
Did people on delayed decision post-interview receive that email about interviews concluding? I did not.

Did people on delayed decision post-interview receive that email about interviews concluding? I did not.

Given that you have already interviewed, would you expect to receive that email?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
It talks about receiving final decisions and gives clues as to when we would expect to hear final decisions. The knowledge that they are done interviewing is an indication as to where they are at there end. To answer you condescending question, yes it makes sense to send that to all applicants except those that have been accepted.
Agreed, if anything it makes sense to only send to people who are post-II but not received a decision yet. Telling people who have not received an interview yet to keep checking their portal despite interviews being over, does not make sense. The fact that interviews are over means if you didn’t get one then you’re not going to. To me, for post II people it is suggesting that the next coa meeting will be the last and final decisions will be made then.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed, if anything it makes sense to only send to people who are post-II but not received a decision yet. Telling people who have not received an interview yet to keep checking their portal despite interviews being over, does not make sense. The fact that interviews are over means if you didn’t get one then you’re not going to. To me, for post II people it is suggesting that the next coa meeting will be the last and final decisions will be made then.
Bingo

just withdrew my Rockford A. Hope it goes to one of you all that are still patiently waiting for that one A and best of luck everyone it's certainly been a journey.

Are interviews here done? Still haven’t been rejected

Is the portal fine for adding post DD letters of interest or should I also email them?

Has anyone received any info. on the Chicago in-person second look day this Friday besides the time?

LMAO just got a rejection email despite not sending a secondary

• Haha
OOS Post II-R after deferred 10/23. Prob cuz I had strep throat during my interview and she was hella weird lol

OOS post II R wtf!!! So much for 80% post interview. Im bummed :(

• Care
II September, DD October. No update in my portal. Idk if that’s good or they are sending R in waves… shocked people are hearing today 😳

I mean on their website it says: On May 1st, all applicants with a Delayed Decision status will be placed on our formal waitlist.

It doesn't say anything about R's.

Can family attend second look day for Chicago? Sorry if this has been asked before!

I mean on their website it says: On May 1st, all applicants with a Delayed Decision status will be placed on our formal waitlist.

It doesn't say anything about R's.
Yeah that’s crazy! Now I’m scared

I wonder when they’re gonna reject us who are pre-ii if they’re this cutthroat to the interviewed applicants

II September, DD October. No update in my portal. Idk if that’s good or they are sending R in waves… shocked people are hearing today 😳
Similar situation as you rn ( haven’t sent any updates and probably won’t)

Does UICOM accept letters of intent?

Wait people on DD got rejected last week!? I thought we were safe to at least make it to the WL in May?

Just withdrew my A! Hope it goes to one of you folks. It also came with a scholarship, so fingers crossed that goes to one of y'all as well.

Best of luck everyone!

Just got offered a spot on the waitlist.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Also got offered a spot on the waitlist - have been on DD since October and was hoping for a decision this week but guess we have some more waiting in store!