2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also offered spot on waitlist. DD since January. Does this mean no possibility for a decision on Friday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know waitlist movement here?
I'm not positive but I think it's pretty significant! Just based on the fact that there seems to be a pretty high post-II acceptance rate and that includes waitlist acceptances.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS Pre-II R rn.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we have to accept the WL spot or are we accepting it unless telling them otherwise?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not positive but I think it's pretty significant! Just based on the fact that there seems to be a pretty high post-II acceptance rate and that includes waitlist acceptances.
How do you know the acceptance rate includes waitlist? Did they mention this during interview day?

Also offered spot on waitlist. DD since January. Does this mean no possibility for a decision on Friday?
Probably depends if people withdraw their As between now and then? Otherwise I feel like they would’ve just waited to send WL decisions? idk everything is thrown out the window this cycle, hoping the WL is smaller since a few people have already gotten post-II Rs

Do we have to accept the WL spot or are we accepting it unless telling them otherwise?
I don’t think we have to based on the phrasing of the email - will check the portal when I get home to see if there’s anything there.

Had a panic attack getting that email after all the DD rejections last week combined with upcoming decisions this week. Anxiety parkour.

I don’t think we have to based on the phrasing of the email - will check the portal when I get home to see if there’s anything there.

Had a panic attack getting that email after all the DD rejections last week combined with upcoming decisions this week. Anxiety parkour.
Yeah, I guess doesn't look like it requires any action to accept. Weird the way they worded it kind of made it sound like an "offer" that needs to be accepted. *shrug*

Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
I saw u a lot hehe where did u decide to commit
Haha just trying to open up some spots for waitlisted folks. I'm currently waiting for/negotiating aid so I've narrowed it down to 5 (Hopkins, Pritzker, Northwestern, Colorado, and Michigan) but haven't committed yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Probably depends if people withdraw their As between now and then? Otherwise I feel like they would’ve just waited to send WL decisions? idk everything is thrown out the window this cycle, hoping the WL is smaller since a few people have already gotten post-II Rs
My guess is that they started to see more people pulling their As before yesterday's deadline and decided to send WL decisions. However, I wonder if they will still meet this Thursday, as the website says they will meet until the end of April. Hopefully movement starts sooner then.

My guess is that they started to see more people pulling their As before yesterday's deadline and decided to send WL decisions. However, I wonder if they will still meet this Thursday, as the website says they will meet until the end of April. Hopefully movement starts sooner then.
This makes sense except when you take into account they started rejecting people last week from DD. If there’s more withdrawn As than what they were expecting, why would they reduce the number of WL spots? You think they’d keep a full WL if, lets say, 40% of the seats aren’t filled yet. But if it’s closer to say 20% of seats unfilled, then trimming the WL makes more sense, no?

I feel like a round of decisions on Friday/early next week is still in play, but who knows at this point given how this cycle has differed from previous years.

Just withdrew my acceptance from UIC Peoria today. Hoping it goes to one of yall <3

Got an A from another school last week, but really hoping to get an A from here. It's also very close to some extended family that I'm close to. Fingers crossed for everyone in similar situations!

• Care
For anyone who is curious - based on last year’s thread, they don’t seem to send out any acceptances between official WL(4/15) and the end of April. All of the acceptances off WL seem to come through weekly starting 5/1, so I don’t think we’ll be hearing anything this Friday.

For anyone who is curious - based on last year’s thread, they don’t seem to send out any acceptances between official WL(4/15) and the end of April. All of the acceptances off WL seem to come through weekly starting 5/1, so I don’t think we’ll be hearing anything this Friday.
I feel like with the post-ll rejections, they could move people off the WL before the end of April, but that's me being optimistic.

I feel like with the post-ll rejections, they could move people off the WL before the end of April, but that's me being optimistic.
Yeah I wouldn’t hate if that were the case. Was also looking for last year(or maybe year before), it seemed like they did silently reject people from DD and never email them saying they were officially moved to the waitlist, never an outright post-II R. So not sure if we can directly compare cycles.

Curious how the financial aid debacle is going to impact people passing on UICOM given how expensive OOS tuition is.

Yeah I wouldn’t hate if that were the case. Was also looking for last year(or maybe year before), it seemed like they did silently reject people from DD and never email them saying they were officially moved to the waitlist, never an outright post-II R. So not sure if we can directly compare cycles.

Curious how the financial aid debacle is going to impact people passing on UICOM given how expensive OOS tuition is.
Guessing more OOS applicants will get off the WL bc the school needs more funding from their tuition rather than the cheaper IS tuition

Last edited:
Guessing more OOS applicants will get off the WL bc they need the school needs more funding from their tuition rather than the cheaper IS tuition
Yes, but doubt OOS applicants are as likely to commit here given 100k+/year OOS cost without much clarity on financial aid

Hello! I know it's late to talk about this but since I was fortunate to be accepted by two Illinois schools, UICOM and Loyola, I want to learn some perspectives from everyone! I wish to specialize in Derm, Cardiology, or Radiology in the future. Which school will be a better fit? I enjoyed my interview days at each school and everyone seems to be very cool during my second look visits. The caveat is I was assigned to the Peoria campus for UICOM whereas Loyola would be in Maywood/Chicago. I am an Illinois resident. What are pros/cons about these two schools? Any perspective is appreciated! Thank you!

Hello! I know it's late to talk about this but since I was fortunate to be accepted by two Illinois schools, UICOM and Loyola, I want to learn some perspectives from everyone! I wish to specialize in Derm, Cardiology, or Radiology in the future. Which school will be a better fit? I enjoyed my interview days at each school and everyone seems to be very cool during my second look visits. The caveat is I was assigned to the Peoria campus for UICOM whereas Loyola would be in Maywood/Chicago. I am an Illinois resident. What are pros/cons about these two schools? Any perspective is appreciated! Thank you!
You should post on the Help Me Decide thread. You may get a bit more insight ☺️

anyone know when the 2024/2025 cycle threads get posted?

• Inappropriate
  • Dislike
Already emailed admissions to withdraw my A but I guess they haven’t acknowledged it yet cause I just got a merit scholarship of $20k annually

Edit: scholarship is called the research scholarship and was awarded based on my research experience

Last edited:
What is the deadline to submit letter of recs? is it the same as the secondary application deadline?

• Inappropriate
Do people on the waitlist need to do anything regarding the pte / cte deadlines? Saw in past years you should mark pte to show your interest but I’m not sure if rules have changed

Withdrew my A from here, hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck everyone!

Do you see an update on the CYMS tool reflecting your waitlist status here? I do not
After seeing an email from aamc, i don’t think the cyms tool would be available to me yet? Since I do not have an MD acceptance yet. I just heard in the past you had to mark it for waitlist but maybe that was only for people with an A + WL

Last edited:
has anyone gotten an email response in the last week? office seems to be very busy