2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS A DD since January!

Members don't see this ad.

You right… just been following the trends most are released with an hour or so of fist SDN post it seems like 💪
Mine was like 3 hours after the first post last month and I was on DD since Nov. dont lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will most of the DD's turn into A's in April/May? Given the ~80% post-II acceptance rate.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to get your campus assignment after you submit your preference

For those who got accepted and placed at their first choice campus, did you write anything to support your choice? I don't really have anything new to add but am curious if writing at least something would help my case.

For those who got accepted and placed at their first choice campus, did you write anything to support your choice? I don't really have anything new to add but am curious if writing at least something would help my case.
I didn’t write anything

Reactions: 1 user
Is the next COA meeting going to be the last one? I am on DD now so does that mean after that meeting I’ll either get the A or waitlist? Or could I get DD again?

Is the next COA meeting going to be the last one? I am on DD now so does that mean after that meeting I’ll either get the A or waitlist? Or could I get DD again?
It says DDs are reviewed each month until April 30 on their website. So I guess it’s possible to get another DD on 4/19 and then that DD will just turn into wait list on 4/30? Can anyone confirm?

It says DDs are reviewed each month until April 30 on their website. So I guess it’s possible to get another DD on 4/19 and then that DD will just turn into wait list on 4/30? Can anyone confirm?

Yes, DDs are reviewed monthly until end of April. When CTE is (looks like April 30), DDs will either be offered acceptance or placed on waitlist. With that being said, acceptances aren’t typically offered on April 30. It takes a few days for the numbers to come in and be reviewed.

All pre-II and post-II R are typically released once the class is set in late June/early July.

I got accepted in-state last Friday. When should I expect to hear about the campus assignment?

I wrote 2 sentences about my interest in one of the SCPs on that campus. Not sure if it helped or not though.

For people who went from DD to A…did you send updates/interest letters in between?

Still stuck in DD, no updates on status since late November when I was put on it. Called the admissions office and they were unsure if all the updates from DD to A were already put in. Are other applicants in a similar situation?

Still stuck in DD, no updates on status since late November when I was put on it. Called the admissions office and they were unsure if all the updates from DD to A were already put in. Are other applicants in a similar situation?
I have received no further communication since being put on DD in October from this school. Can you explain further what you mean? There is another month of review before final decisions are promised on their website.

What do you think this means for people who just got put on DD for the first time this past Friday? do we not have a chance to get off of it before being moved to waitlist?

has anyone else been able to get an email response this week? i emailed on monday but no response so far so I'm not sure if the office is closed or something. Thanks

has anyone else been able to get an email response this week? i emailed on monday but no response so far so I'm not sure if the office is closed or something. Thanks
I know that the UIC undergrad has spring break this week so I wonder if the med school does too

I got a response from financial aid, but I haven’t heard back yet from an email I sent to admissions two days ago

I called them this and last week and they said they would try to contact us if we get the A. Other than that, they said for us to wait. I don't know how long that is though

I called them this and last week and they said they would try to contact us if we get the A. Other than that, they said for us to wait. I don't know how long that is though
Wdym? Won’t the next day of decisions just be April 19th?