2023-2024 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have received no communication whatsoever even after update letter, should I send an email to the admissions office. I’m honestly shocked, UIC alum and complete since early August

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the timing of an acceptance affects campus selection? Are most of the Chicago seats filled at this point meaning that getting accepted later in the cycle makes a Peoria or Rockford placement more likely?

Generally about 40 seats a year go to their BS/MD program students who, this matriculating year, were guaranteed selection to Chicago (if they choose to do so). That being said, that should still leave a good chunk of acceptances overall for the Chicago campus (# seats =/= # acceptances is my assumption)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Online it says they do decisions every third Thursday or the month. Has this been true the whole process? Basically want to see if I am having to wait a little longer before I hear!

Online it says they do decisions every third Thursday or the month. Has this been true the whole process? Basically want to see if I am having to wait a little longer before I hear!
You’ll most likely hear on Friday the 22nd

Sounds like it depends on the campus. I got accepted to Peoria, and there’s a virtual second look on March 22nd and an in-person one on April 12. Many people from Chicago haven’t gotten an email yet, according to the accepted students GroupMe.

Sounds like it depends on the campus. I got accepted to Peoria, and there’s a virtual second look on March 22nd and an in-person one on April 12. Many people from Chicago haven’t gotten an email yet, according to the accepted students GroupMe.
I did not receive a groupme link - where did you find it? Would you be able to share the invite?

Current M1 here. I'm a part of admissions and it seems like the last scheduled interview day was March 8th. Interviews are likely over for the cycle.

Good luck to those on DD, I got off it early June last year so don't lose hope. This is truly a school where your chances of acceptance are much higher after having interviewed.

Reactions: 6 users
Current M1 here. I'm a part of admissions and it seems like the last scheduled interview day was March 8th. Interviews are likely over for the cycle.

Good luck to those on DD, I got off it early June last year so don't lose hope. This is truly a school where your chances of acceptance are much higher after having interviewed.
As someone on DD I’m curious if you kept in contact with update letters or letters of interest? I’ve been on DD since October and with no communication from UI since then, it feels like they forgot about me lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone gone through the IMED application process and have any advice on the interview?

They may be adding one more interview date. My friend who goes there now said this. How is II sent? Email or Portal?

(Removed)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
As someone on DD I’m curious if you kept in contact with update letters or letters of interest? I’ve been on DD since October and with no communication from UI since then, it feels like they forgot about me lol
I sent a letter of intent a month after being place on DD, not sure if it helped or not though. It was mostly for my own peace of mind

Was your interview date after 2/15 (the third Thursday)? Wondering what my chance is of hearing a decision this Friday when I interviewed the first week of March.
Yes 2/29. Since the third Thursday is this week I think maybe the late Feb and March interviewers will hear?

Reactions: 2 users
Got assigned to Peoria and yeah I’m bummed 😔 anyone know if we can do our rotations in Chicago as a M3/M4?
For M3, you will do all your rotations in Peoria. This is actually a great thing. You’ll likely have more opportunity to work one on one with attendings and get great letters. Not to say you can’t do that in Chicago, but it’s just easier on a smaller campus. In M4, you can choose to do your rotations in the city pending that space is available. Chicago students will have first pick of Chicago electives.

Just spoke with someone familiar with admissions today and they told me that they’re wrapping up interviews with the last round set for this month.

Sorry- I am new... will they send out acceptances today? tomorrow? Next week? What's the trend?

Sorry- I am new... will they send out acceptances today? tomorrow? Next week? What's the trend?
the adcom meets every third thursday of the month and decisions are usually released that friday

What time should we expect to hear back

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an acceptance email!! OOS applicant, super happy to have my first A! Interviewed 3/8

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
When is campus assignment usually done?