2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interested if people who received II would share when you submitted your secondary? Just wondering the length of time it takes for them to review and send out invites.
Complete 7/6, II on 8/23

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So is it reasonable to assume that Noorda will be eligible for federal loans starting at the 2025-2026 school year?

So is it reasonable to assume that Noorda will be eligible for federal loans starting at the 2025-2026 school year?
Possibly. At least maybe the second semester. They said that they will start the process as soon as they can in 2025 but that it can take around 6 months or so to complete the accreditation process I think if I remember correctly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to say that I had my in-person interview today and WOW! The facilities are incredible! All of the faculty seemed just amazing. I have really, really good feelings about the entire experience!

Should it be within your means to do an in-person interview, I highly recommend it! I don't believe it would hurt you in any way to do virtual, but you're missing out on the fantastic campus.

Reactions: 2 users
Just wanted to say that I had my in-person interview today and WOW! The facilities are incredible! All of the faculty seemed just amazing. I have really, really good feelings about the entire experience!

Should it be within your means to do an in-person interview, I highly recommend it! I don't believe it would hurt you in any way to do virtual, but you're missing out on the fantastic campus.
Totally agree!

First year student here! So excited to finally move into the new facility! Hope you get accepted

Reactions: 1 users

Praying I get an interview here!!

My in person interview is at the end of the month, how did the interview go? Was it hard to find where you needed to be? How was the tour structured?

My in person interview is at the end of the month, how did the interview go? Was it hard to find where you needed to be? How was the tour structured?
It wasn't hard at all! They provide directions in the interview email They also have people EVERYWHERE to help direct you to where you need to be, even in the parking lot! Lol

I feel like the interview went really well, and that's what I heard so many other people say!

It was set up with an introduction first, then half of the group would interview while the other had a tour of the building. As a woman, I chose to wear flats, and I'm glad I did because there were stairs occasionally lol. We were able to see the sim labs, sim clinic, hospital, OR etc. and they were AWESOME! Very high end. Then, the groups switched so the other members could interview/tour. Then they provided us lunch, then a final Q&A!

A received!! Interviewed last week. Quick turnaround I guess

Reactions: 6 users
Just received my A after the interview last week! WOOHOO!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the A as well! Super excited after how impressed I was on interview day!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How was the experience? I‘ve only heard positive things so far
I know you asked the other poster, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I had 2 other interviews this past week, and neither of them held a candle to Noorda. They were just so lackluster, and no one seemed passionate about what they were doing. With Noorda, I genuinely felt like they cared about their program and all of us!

Reactions: 3 users
How was the experience? I‘ve only heard positive things so far
It was honestly one of the best experiences I’ve had. The whole faculty seems to really care about getting to know the students and they truly want you to be yourself. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful, and the actual interview was just like a conversation! Just know yourself and your story and you will be solid :)

I know you asked the other poster, but I just wanted to throw this out there. I had 2 other interviews this past week, and neither of them held a candle to Noorda. They were just so lackluster, and no one seemed passionate about what they were doing. With Noorda, I genuinely felt like they cared about their program and all of us!

That‘s the vibe I‘ve gotten from the school as a whole. Their website is the most well put together of any other school I applied to, their portal for secondaries functioned way better than any other school, their communication with me so far has been outstanding, the thought they seem to have put into their curriculum when designing it appears to be super serious and well intentioned. I see so many new schools that, while I‘m sure they‘re fine in their own right, do not seem to be very well put together with grammar errors all over their websites and complaints from current students. Noorda-COM seems to take so much pride in everything that they do, and I‘m glad you responded to my post further contributing to this idea, because I’m pumped about my interview.

Im a second year at Noorda. If anyone has questions let me know.

Also.. I think second round of interviews should be coming out very soon

That’s good to hear . Did you call them?
I didn’t. But I was looking at last years thread and the second wave of interviews came out a month after the first wave. Generally when the deadline for the secondaries is 9/22 so I think we should be hearing then…

I didn’t. But I was looking at last years thread and the second wave of interviews came out a month after the first wave. Generally when the deadline for the secondaries is 9/22 so I think we should be hearing then…
I think the deadline for the secondaries depends on when you received it because the deadline for my secondary was 9/5. But I do still think they will send a wave of interview invites soon like you said the last wave was on 8/23

I think the deadline for the secondaries depends on when you received it because the deadline for my secondary was 9/5. But I do still think they will send a wave of interview invites soon like you said the last wave was on 8/23
The secondaries are all waves. I had 9/5 too so I think we’d head back this month. I noticed for last year, IIs were sent when the next wave of secondaries are due. But that’s pure speculation LOL

The interview dates are all posted on our course page for school so let me know if you’d like the dates

The secondaries are all waves. I had 9/5 too so I think we’d head back this month. I noticed for last year, IIs were sent when the next wave of secondaries are due. But that’s pure speculation LOL
Ahhh gotcha, yeah I keep refreshing my portal lol.

@starlord47 I would love the dates if you're willing! I'm hoping to do virtual because I'm on the east coast but I saw from previous post they had limited virtual it looks like and some of them had to schedule into Jan :cryi:

II with a LM of 70. Anyone do the virtual interview? If so any tips or personal stories. Thanks :)

Did anybody do virtual interviews or all doing in person interviews?

Interview invite received. Opted for in person since virtual was in January.

I don’t think the first virtual interview day has happened yet. I remember checking the days when I signed up and I think the first one was on Sep 22nd

Current attending Noorda students reply please...

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?

9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

Thank you

It was all virtual last year and I did mine virtually! Fantastic interview, be yourself! Ultimately didn't attend here (better fit elsewhere) but I love everything about the school!

Current attending Noorda students reply please...

1. Are preclinical and clinical years both P/F?
2. Are clinical rotations based on how you do from preclinical years or is it lottery?
3. How are the professors?
4. How is the prep for boards?
5. How long is dedicated time to study for boards?
6. What is the exam schedule like?
7. What is the remediation policy? Is it only one retake and if you fail another course, you repeat or are you dismissed?
8. Is the student environment competitive or chill?

9. What's your favorite thing about the school?
10. Are you happy?

Thank you
@

lidaojie37

OOS II received! Earliest Zoom date was late Feb, so I went ahead and booked an in-person for early Nov... what a great opportunity to see MOAB :p

Last edited: