2023-2024 Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (Provo, UT) Noorda-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They don’t verify your LOR’s until you are submitting your secondary. That was a part of the secondary is filling out the three LOR that you wanted them to review
Oh I see! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it’s because your MCAT is above 500. I have the double whammy of below 500 plus a subsection under 125.

Have you heard anything or found more information on the holds? I got placed on hold for the same exact reason and I’m not able to find some good info on what to expect.

Reactions: 1 user
Have you heard anything or found more information on the holds? I got placed on hold for the same exact reason and I’m not able to find some good info on what to expect.
I’m still on hold! Hopefully that changes soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received secondary today! Submitted 8/6 OOS resident now but originally from Utah.

Does anyone know if this school is like ARCOM and only sends secondaries to people they know they are going to interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if this school is like ARCOM and only sends secondaries to people they know they are going to interview?
I don't believe they are that selective, but they do screen and don't send secondaries to everyone. They send secondaries in waves.

Questions about the video. How did yall do it? Just put on a nice professional look, and answer the prompts by discussing them in front of the camera? Did you have notes in front or just causally talked.

Questions about the video. How did yall do it? Just put on a nice professional look, and answer the prompts by discussing them in front of the camera? Did you have notes in front or just causally talked.
Their advice about being creative is sincere. You can go any route you want and I don’t think what you described is a bad option at all.

honestly had a script in the beginning and was reading off a teleprompter app, but felt to robotic-ey. Ended up just free-styling it and cut up and edited it a bunch in Final cut. Went to a friends house & he helped record it on a tripod with a nice background. It's a fun medium imo. I think it's easy to try and word vomit a lot of ideas and speak really fast, but my friend suggested to take more pauses and just pretend you're having a conversation with them. Hope this helps!

did anyone get a confirmation email once your headshot & video are uploaded?

i think they screen for mission fit because i was sub 500 and got a secondary

Members don't see this ad :)
i think they screen for mission fit because i was sub 500 and got a secondary

Possibly. Im super non trad with a mid unofficial post bac and sub 500 MCAT so I am not surprised. Im getting carried by my ECs with other schools, makes sense they would be worried about me tbh.

Submitted 8/11 511 3.62c 3.52s haven’t received a secondary. I live in Provo too 😭. Did you guys put anything on the AACOMAS question where they ask if there’s anything you’d like the admission committee to know? I have ~600 service hours and ~700 clinical at a hospital

Submitted 8/11 511 3.62c 3.52s haven’t received a secondary. I live in Provo too 😭. Did you guys put anything on the AACOMAS question where they ask if there’s anything you’d like the admission committee to know? I have ~600 service hours and ~700 clinical at a hospital
i would wait another week. they send secondaries and interviews in waves

Don't worry I think the waves will just take a second until you get one. I submitted 6/26 & didn't get a secondary until 7/22

OOS II just now!!! So excited as this is one of my top programs! 🥹 submitted secondary in mid-july!

Reactions: 2 users
II Received. OOS, ORM, LM 75, Secondary Submitted 8/14

I received an II as well! LM 68.

OOS II!!!! So happy!!!

There are no slots for virtual interviews in September or October omg.... was anyone able to get one?

OOS II! The only day available for me was Nov 1st for a virtual interview!

The only virtual days available when I looked were in January, :oops:I'm not sure if I want to wait 4 months to interview

• Wow
Yes I think they are only doing one virtual day a month.

Hi guys I’m a current 1st year here. Feel free to reply to this or DM me with any questions!:)

Hi guys I’m a current 1st year here. Feel free to reply to this or DM me with any questions!:)
Would be excited to hear how you're liking your first semester after December! Will gladly reach out closer to those months!

The only virtual days available when I looked were in January, :oops:I'm not sure if I want to wait 4 months to interview
Slots filled up quick wow. Luckily I checked my email 5 min after the II was sent and got a slot for oct. Fingers crossed for everyone!

Does anyone have a rough estimate for post-II acceptance rate here? This is my only interview invite, and because of my stats, I‘m worried I won’t receive any others. I‘m fixated on how this interview is going to go for me. Plus, I am pumped about this school and was really hoping I‘d get the opportunity to interview here, so now that I have this opportunity, I can‘t stop thinking about it.

Does anyone have a rough estimate for post-II acceptance rate here? This is my only interview invite, and because of my stats, I‘m worried I won’t receive any others. I‘m fixated on how this interview is going to go for me. Plus, I am pumped about this school and was really hoping I‘d get the opportunity to interview here, so now that I have this opportunity, I can‘t stop thinking about it.
Just curious what are your stats? I’m a low stat applicant

Just curious what are your stats? I’m a low stat applicant

cGPA: 3.02 sGPA: 2.96 MCAT: 503

Noorda evaluates the last 60 credit hours separately, which is why I believe I received an II from them. My last 59 credit hours were almost entirely science courses and I earned a 3.49 GPA in that evaluation. Not incredible, but earning a ~3.5 GPA in mostly science courses for this unique window of evaluation that Noorda uses is probably what allowed me to get the II given my overall GPA was very poor.

Interested if people who received II would share when you submitted your secondary? Just wondering the length of time it takes for them to review and send out invites.

• Love
Interested if people who received II would share when you submitted your secondary? Just wondering the length of time it takes for them to review and send out invites.
Secondary submitted August 1st, II received August 23rd.

Secondary Submitted August 5th, II received August 23rd