2023-2024 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what does LM 72.50 mean?

It’s their Lizzy M score. It’s a way to calculate how you fit a school’s profile based on the stats (GPA/MCAT) of applicants they typically select. For example, this persons score would fit the stats of an applicant with a 517 Mcat and a 3.75 GPA.

This applicant should have a strong interest in DO if they are applying to DO schools, as their stats are in range of top tier MD schools. 72.5 is a very strong Lizzy M score.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the post-II acceptance rates at AZCOM? The 2021 spreadsheet that gets linked a lot shows it has an 80% post-II rate, but I was wondering if those numbers are still accurate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else complete in June and still haven't heard anything?

Reactions: 3 users
completed 6/7 and still nothing back so I don’t know if it’s necessarily by date

Reactions: 1 users
Status complete 6/22 and haven’t heard anything… anyone else in a similar boat?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I already posted this earlier but is anyone willing/able to read over my 2nd secondary prompt (the one asking why AZCOM)?

IS II received today 08/10, found out through the portal. Submitted secondary in early July.

Reactions: 1 users
if I already applied and submitted my secondary, but between the time I submitted my secondary until now (approx 1 month) I registered to take the mcat, will my application be viewed still?

In-state II !!!!!!!!!!
I checked my spam folder because I'm nuerotic, but it actually payed off.
Does anybody know if its normal for the interview to be scheduled two months out?

Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Can anyone confirm the interview format? I have seen comments that say traditional and MMI. The interview info that azcom provides doesn’t say. Thanks! Interview on 8/31!

My posts aren’t showing so I apologize if this is a repeat… can anyone confirm the interview format? I have seen both mmi and traditional across various sites but the interview info azcom provided doesn’t specify. Thank you!

In-state II !!!!!!!!!!
I checked my spam folder because I'm nuerotic, but it actually payed off.
Does anybody know if its normal for the interview to be scheduled two months out?
Congrats! And wdym scheduled 2 months out? Didn't you get a chance to pick your own date? Sorry if I'm not understanding properly

Congrats! And wdym scheduled 2 months out? Didn't you get a chance to pick your own date? Sorry if I'm not understanding properly
There was only one option, and it was 2 months out.
Since I checked late maybe other students got earlier spots?

Has anyone gotten a secondary or interview with a sub 2.75 science gpa? Overall gpa is 3.1. Just don't want to waste money if I am going to get an automatic R

Is there a student who attends AZCOM who would be willing to answer some questions?! :)

Interview waitlist also today (OOS). I wonder how many of us on the WL will actually get an ii…

Was the II waitlist an email? I still haven’t heard anything back!

Was the II waitlist an email? I still haven’t heard anything back!
check your spam. found mine there like a week after it was sent lol been furiously refreshing that as well as my regular inbox now...great two things to be neurotic over ugh

Just checked my portal post-interview, and I see some items under the "Accepted Student Checklist" sidebar. Is this normal or does this mean I got the A?

Just checked my portal post-interview, and I see some items under the "Accepted Student Checklist" sidebar. Is this normal or does this mean I got the A?
I'm not sure - I have the same thing

At my interview day they told me that means an acceptance! I believe it means that the committee selected accepted before the office was notified and was able to send out acceptance notices. I have the same on my portal!