2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it worth applying to this school with a 498?
I have a Jan II with a 499! If you have a high science GPA than I would give it a go!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Scheduled for a virtual interview in January. Don't suppose it would be worth calling their admissions office to see if I could interview in-person?

Scheduled for a virtual interview in January. Don't suppose it would be worth calling their admissions office to see if I could interview in-person?
i did and they said it’s virtual from now on

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Slightly late post, but received my A call yesterday!! Beyond excited! Interviewed 11/6

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if we need to buy our own stethoscopes/if we need them by the beginning of classes? There are some good deals right now so I was just curious.

Anyone know if we need to buy our own stethoscopes/if we need them by the beginning of classes? There are some good deals right now so I was just curious.
I briefly heard something about a medical supply thing we could buy in the beginning of the year. But that was in passing during the financial aide meeting. I'm sure it would include that stuff but hey could never hurt to have a spare. Maybe email and ask? The admin are very helpful when I asked them about things.

I briefly heard something about a medical supply thing we could buy in the beginning of the year. But that was in passing during the financial aide meeting. I'm sure it would include that stuff but hey could never hurt to have a spare. Maybe email and ask? The admin are very helpful when I asked them about things.

Ok, good to know. Thanks!

I know there’s a Facebook group for accepted students but I saw in previous years that a GroupMe was created as well. Is there one for this year too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II but no dates till Feb. would I be interviewing for WL at this point or are there usually still normal seats avail at this point?

Would emailing and asking to be notified of any earlier dates that are available help?

II but no dates till Feb. would I be interviewing for WL at this point or are there usually still normal seats avail at this point?

Would emailing and asking to be notified of any earlier dates that are available help?
Im interviewing in January. I would like to assume that there are still plenty of seats available for us; especially since, over the next month or so, more and more people will defer/cancel/withdrawal acceptances and interview invites as other schools send out notifications.

For those who have interviewed, is it a one-on-one interview or a group?

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s an opportunity to buy a whole supply kit during orientation. I had already been gifted a stethoscope beforehand so I just left that out, but there’s a class discount.

Reactions: 1 users
I know there’s a Facebook group for accepted students but I saw in previous years that a GroupMe was created as well. Is there one for this year too?
Yeah I don't have FB. Is there a groupMe?

Got my first A!!

Stats:
MCAT: 500
cGPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.2

Interviewed 11/30

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Did anyone else have a negative interview experience here? My interviewer read questions off a sheet of paper and seemed very bored while I talked. I tried my best to answer the questions positively but don't think I'm getting in lol. They had no follow up questions after my responses and just went right into reading off the next question. This was my shortest interview ever. I have an acceptance so I'm not super upset or worried but I do feel a little sad as I've read how people loved and really connected with their interviewers here and was hoping to learn more about the school/its people.

Last edited:
I have an interview next week; any tips? This is my top choice!

I didn't have a great experience, but my interview was virtual so it can be hard for both parties to present well that way! One thing I wish I had done is looked up my interviewer/their research/career as they kept asking if I had questions about their field but I hadn't taken any classes in it so I couldn't think of anything to ask!!

I didn't have a great experience, but my interview was virtual so it can be hard for both parties to present well that way! One thing I wish I had done is looked up my interviewer/their research/career as they kept asking if I had questions about their field but I hadn't taken any classes in it so I couldn't think of anything to ask!!
I really appreciate the feedback!

Do we get to know their names before the interview day?

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate for this school. If anyone has been accepted? can you PM please. Thanks :)

Just had mine this morning and I had a good experience! It is a really welcoming and inviting 'vibe.' The actual interview was pretty traditional, open file, one-on-one format. I wasn't asked anything crazy or very unexpected. I would just encourage you to know how to talk about christianity in medical school as well as DO vs MD. I felt like my interview was fairly conversational and don't be afraid to ask your interviewer questions, too! They seem to really just want to get to know you and show you their school!

Just had mine this morning and I had a good experience! It is a really welcoming and inviting 'vibe.' The actual interview was pretty traditional, open file, one-on-one format. I wasn't asked anything crazy or very unexpected. I would just encourage you to know how to talk about christianity in medical school as well as DO vs MD. I felt like my interview was fairly conversational and don't be afraid to ask your interviewer questions, too! They seem to really just want to get to know you and show you their school!
Awesome, thank you!

I think I know exactly who who had as an interviewer as i had him too. He seemed pretty uninterested as well for me. I got that vibe too, but nonetheless it wasn't a bad interview experience from that. LUCOM is still one of my top choices and hoping I get in. I feel like I am just gunna take it as it is as the past is in the past and i cant change my interview.

I think I know exactly who who had as an interviewer as i had him too. He seemed pretty uninterested as well for me. I got that vibe too, but nonetheless it wasn't a bad interview experience from that. LUCOM is still one of my top choices and hoping I get in. I feel like I am just gunna take it as it is as the past is in the past and i cant change my interview.
thank you- this honestly makes me feel so much better that someone else also had a similar experience! my interviews at other schools have all gone so well so I was super confused lol. I really appreciate you sharing and hope that you get the A!! ♥

I had my interview, great experience, and the interviewer was very conversational. I felt like I could've answered some things better, but nonetheless, it is in the past now. Just hoping I get this A I love this school.

It took me nearly a month, to the day, to hear back. Take some time to relax and focus on other II's. I know it's nerve-wracking but try to put it out of your mind. Also did the admissions person not give you a timeframe? When I interviewed, he mentioned 3 weeks or so. Though I interviewed about 3-4 weeks before Christmas and he mentioned that many of the faulty leave for christmas and new years.

It took me nearly a month, to the day, to hear back. Take some time to relax and focus on other II's. I know it's nerve-wracking but try to put it out of your mind. Also did the admissions person not give you a timeframe? When I interviewed, he mentioned 3 weeks or so. Though I interviewed about 3-4 weeks before Christmas and he mentioned that many of the faulty leave for christmas and new years.
He did give us a timeline of 1-2wks (no longer than the end of the month). I was just curious to see if last week's interview heard back yet, that's all.

Hello, got this email today, interviewed 1/15.

"Good afternoon,
Please check your LU email tomorrow morning with further instructions regarding your application for admission."

Not sure if anyone else has gotten this, I don't think it's good, but I'm pretty sure it's an R. Would be very disappointed, considering I felt great after my interview.

"Good afternoon,
Please check your LU email tomorrow morning with further instructions regarding your application for admission."

Not sure if anyone else has gotten this, I don't think it's good, but I'm pretty sure it's an R. Would be very disappointed, considering I felt great after my interview.
Hey, I got the same thing today, I also interviewed earlier this month, it's not a rejection per se, you are going to be accepted next year automatically, but on the waitlist for this year. At least that's what was told to me.

Hey, I got the same thing today, I also interviewed earlier this month, it's not a rejection per se, you are going to be accepted next year automatically, but on the waitlist for this year. At least that's what was told to me.
Where did you hear that from? They also said there was no WL during my interview day.

"Good afternoon,

I also received this email. Given that we were told that those who were offered admission would receive a phone call i believe its a soft R, only to see the hard R tomorrow morning

Edit: i did not receive a phone call regarding admission

I also received this email. Given that we were told that those who were offered admission would receive a phone call i believe its a soft R, only to see the hard R tomorrow morning

That is what I suspect as well.

BUCOM said the same thing to us the day of the interview. No waitlist but if u didn’t get rejected you’d be accepted for this year or next year automatically depending on the call.

I don’t think they’d send two emails if they were gunna reject someone I think they’d just flat out reject you. Plus it’s there wouldn’t be any “further” instructions if you were rejected

I don’t think they’d send two emails if they were gunna reject someone I think they’d just flat out reject you. Plus it’s there wouldn’t be any “further” instructions if you were rejected
you were right got a WL through my email. I'm just curious about how many people actually make it off the waitlist.

Yeah I just got a WL email this morning. Hoping getting that checklist done today will move me up (like they say). Still confused though, they never mentioned a waitlist during the interview