2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the following email: Greetings! This is a courtesy message to inform you that your application is in queue to receive an invitation to complete the LUCOM Application. Once you submit the application you will receive an automatic invitation to schedule an interview. Please expect to receive the formal invitation on Thursday, November 16, 2023.

Can someone tell me what the "LUCOM Application" is? Does it have secondary style questions?
I got the same email!! Per other kids in my grad program, it is essentially an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the following email: Greetings! This is a courtesy message to inform you that your application is in queue to receive an invitation to complete the LUCOM Application. Once you submit the application you will receive an automatic invitation to schedule an interview. Please expect to receive the formal invitation on Thursday, November 16, 2023.

Can someone tell me what the "LUCOM Application" is? Does it have secondary style questions?

I just got this same email! Can someone confirm that this is indeed an interview invite?

I just got this same email! Can someone confirm that this is indeed an interview invite?
It is! I got it too! "once you submit the application you will receive an automatic invitation to schedule an interview."

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is a Facebook group/something of that sort for admitted students

Hi! My interview is in 1 week, and I saw on the past SDN interview feedback forum that they ask science questions, is that still a current thing? Trying to prepare as best I can

Hi! My interview is in 1 week, and I saw on the past SDN interview feedback forum that they ask science questions, is that still a current thing? Trying to prepare as best I can
I wasn't asked any science questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we need to do anything in response to the interview invite email? or will they send us the link to the application website later in a separate email? sorry for all the questions lol

Do we need to do anything in response to the interview invite email? or will they send us the link to the application website later in a separate email? sorry for all the questions lol
I got the same email as you. From my understanding, we will get the portal invite on Nov 16th, and once we submit that and pay the fee, we get a link to schedule the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email as you. From my understanding, we will get the portal invite on Nov 16th, and once we submit that and pay the fee, we get a link to schedule the interview.
ok, great, that's what I was thinking! Thanks for taking the time to help! ♥

• Care
Interviewed this past week in person & LOVED it. I'm so anxious for my decision..trying not to have my heart too set just incase I don't get in. I sent a letter of intent after interviewing & hope it'll be brought into consideration. Praying !!

Interviewed this past week in person & LOVED it. I'm so anxious for my decision..trying not to have my heart too set just incase I don't get in. I sent a letter of intent after interviewing & hope it'll be brought into consideration. Praying !!
I'm rooting for you! Best of luck and keep us posted!

• Care
Anyone that interviewed in person that might have some words of advice?!

For anyone who has a Liberty account already, I found out while rooting around on the internet that you can access our course materials and digital copies of the books through the library at LibGuides: LUCOM Library: OMS I Course Guides, if you would like to get a head start on studying.

My info for anyone interested, feel free to PM me if you have any question I might be able to help you with:

2nd year applying, AMCAS only 2022, AACOMAS only 2023:
Science GPA: 3.89, Non-Science GPA: 3.89, MCAT: 506
Primary submitted: 6/28, Secondary received and submitted: 7/21
Interview 9/18, virtual, Acceptance: 9/21

I plan on attending Liberty next year and I am so stoked to meet all of you and struggle through it together.

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone who has a Liberty account already, I found out while rooting around on the internet that you can access our course materials and digital copies of the books through the library at LibGuides: LUCOM Library: OMS I Course Guides, if you would like to get a head start on studying.

My info for anyone interested, feel free to PM me if you have any question I might be able to help you with:

I plan on attending Liberty next year and I am so stoked to meet all of you and struggle through it together.
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome information!
I'll be attending LUCOM next year too I'll be seeing you on campus!

Hey this is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Not 100% decided, but LUCOM is 1st place on my list at the moment! Hope to see ya next year!

Anyone that interviewed in person that might have some words of advice?!
Know the school mission, understand the school values, and know your application. That and also doing some practice questions. Other than that they make everything really calm and just want to get to know you. Best of luck!

I have a few questions about LUCOM considering I need to make a decision on what school to pay the deposit for within the next month:
1. Is preclinical P/F or graded?
2. Generally, how often are exams for preclinical?
3. Do the exams consist of board style questions?
4. Are there review sessions before exams?
5. Are all lectures mandatory for preclinical?
6. How is easy or hard is it to get involved in research?
7. How long is dedicated time?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions, and thank you in advance!

I have a few questions about LUCOM considering I need to make a decision on what school to pay the deposit for within the next month:
1. Is preclinical P/F or graded?
2. Generally, how often are exams for preclinical?
3. Do the exams consist of board style questions?
4. Are there review sessions before exams?
5. Are all lectures mandatory for preclinical?
6. How is easy or hard is it to get involved in research?
7. How long is dedicated time?
Sorry for the bombardment of questions, and thank you in advance!
I don't think lectures are mandatory save for a few labs and stuff. I know a lot of the students who currently attend told me they watch the lectures afterwords.

Please do not pre-study, this link does not contain the lecture PPTs, just the textbooks they reference. Also, any of these may change before your class even starts. (I’m a current OMS-4 at LUCOM).

Would you read an entire organic chemistry textbook ahead of your o-chem semester?

Please do not pre-study, this link does not contain the lecture PPTs, just the textbooks they reference. Also, any of these may change before your class even starts. (I’m a current OMS-4 at LUCOM).

Would you read an entire organic chemistry textbook ahead of your o-chem semester?
That's a very fair point thank you for the insight and letting us know. I'd rather wait for the full picture in that case.

If anyone has committed feel free to PM me! I’d love to connect with some fellow members of the class of 2028

Reactions: 2 users

Yeah 100%, I wasn't posting this link as a serious pre-study resource, just found some textbook materials and wanted to offer that same information to others. I personally am kinda bored for my semester ahead and am excited to start learning basic knowledge even if it's not particularly relevant to the courses. If that's your jam, then go for it. Otherwise, steer clear.

OOS Accepted 11/3 :)

how diverse is this school? i been able to find demographic data on the undergrad institution but not much on lucom

Is it worth applying to this school with a 498?
this late in the cycle I would be hesitant to apply with a low score :/ you could totally apply early next cycle! sorry I know that's probably not what you want to hear. Informing Future Doctors and Science Simplified on youtube really helped me when I retook!

Last edited:
scheduled my interview too. The only options were virtual… I might call to see if they offer in person. I would prefer that.

scheduled my interview too. The only options were virtual… I might call to see if they offer in person. I would prefer that.
same, I feel like it's much easier to represent your story in person vs virtual :( this is also my first virtual interview, all else have been in person this cycle.

Scheduled for Jan this morning. I wish it was sooner, but oh well.

Does anyone happen to have any insight or info on the rough % of applicants that get pulled off the waitlist?

they said only virtual from here on out. If anyone hears something different, let me know!

Scheduled for Jan this morning. I wish it was sooner, but oh well.
Don’t worry about the Jan interview, it doesn’t mean you’re interviewing for a waitlist spot. I interviewed at LUCOM in Feb & was offered a spot the next week.