2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looking back through the posts, it looks like people are only now getting waitlisted. Maybe it's a short list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure, wonder if there was one last year.
Checked last year's forum and yes they did have a waitlist. Some were placed on it back in the Fall of that cycle. Haven't seen anyone WL that early for this cycle

Checked last year's forum and yes they did have a waitlist. Some were placed on it back in the Fall of that cycle. Haven't seen anyone WL that early for this cycle
Same, just have to wait and see, I guess. The checklist given to me is just like as I were accepted which is strange. FAFSA, grad-loans. It says we have to fill it out, but I don't know if I should start a grad loan app without any official acceptance, so I am confused.

Hello all, I have a few questions for the current OMS people.

Can we give preference for certain core rotation sites or will they be randomly assigned with no exceptions aside from family, relationships, etc. ?

Additionally, what is the best core rotation site for most possible experience to be gained (high patient traffic, abundant residents, etc.) ?

Lastly, can we choose our location for the 4th year clinical rotation site ? For example, if I have family in SC, can I attend rotation in that area?

Apologies if there are obvious answers to these questions but I can’t seem to find anything about this on the site or and online forums. Thanks!

Same, just have to wait and see, I guess. The checklist given to me is just like as I were accepted which is strange. FAFSA, grad-loans. It says we have to fill it out, but I don't know if I should start a grad loan app without any official acceptance, so I am confused.
I saw that too. It seems pretty odd. It may warrant an email to the adcom just to see what's up.

Reactions: 1 user
you were right got a WL through my email. I'm just curious about how many people actually make it off the waitlist.
So for WL people, you must complete the checklist by the beginning of March or so as the first group of acceptances also have early March as their deadline for deposits/ checklist. Those in the groups of students accepted who did not complete the checklist will then cause the waitlist students to get off the list. If for some reason the waitlist students don't get in this Fall of 2024, they are guaranteed a spot in the Fall of 2025.

I was confused too so I had to call and clarify this with them this morning as well. Good luck this cycle everyone!

So for WL people, you must complete the checklist by the beginning of March or so as the first group of acceptances also have early March as their deadline for deposits/ checklist. Those in the groups of students accepted who did not complete the checklist will then cause the waitlist students to get off the list. If for some reason the waitlist students don't get in this Fall of 2024, they are guaranteed a spot in the Fall of 2025.

I was confused too so I had to call and clarify this with them this morning as well. Good luck this cycle everyone!
Well that's reassuring-ish. Thanks for clarifying this for us

Anyone that interviewed on 1/15 or 1/18 get their A call yet?
I got WL but was told I was accepted; there was just not any seat available for me at the moment. Not sure if they filled all their seats yet. But by the sound of it, it seems like they have.

Weird question but do LUCOM students take shelf exams during rotations? I could not find anything in the academic catalog with regard to shelf exams. I could find it being part of the grading for each rotation pretty easily in other schools where I've interviewed at so I am curious. Any current OMSIII-IV students trolling this forum please reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got WL but was told I was accepted; there was just not any seat available for me at the moment. Not sure if they filled all their seats yet. But by the sound of it, it seems like they have.
I interviewed on 1/18 and still haven’t heard anything. I believe they still are conducting interviews so I don’t think all the seats are full, and if the seats were full I would imagine they would let all of us who are still waiting for reply know immediately that there were no more seats.

I interviewed on 1/18 and still haven’t heard anything. I believe they still are conducting interviews so I don’t think all the seats are full, and if the seats were full I would imagine they would let all of us who are still waiting for reply know immediately that there were no more seats.

I agree. I remember checking for sooner interview dates and saw that there were slots on 1/29 and also 3-4 dates in February for interviews. I find it hard to believe that they would still interview weekly if they are full; unless they anticipate a lot of accepted students deferring at the end of the cycle so they want a decent WL to pull from.

All speculation with a pinch of neuroticism.

I agree. I remember checking for sooner interview dates and saw that there were slots on 1/29 and also 3-4 dates in February for interviews. I find it hard to believe that they would still interview weekly if they are full; unless they anticipate a lot of accepted students deferring at the end of the cycle so they want a decent WL to pull from.

All speculation with a pinch of neuroticism.
Here is the thing that is confusing me. I was told verbatim that "the committee voted to accept you, but there is not an available seat for you at the moment." So I'm not sure what is going on.

lol rejected on the 20th "Members of the committee do not believe that you possess all of the attributes that we seek." sorry to just now update y'all but i literally never checked that weird liberty email they made us and that's where they sent the email. I interviewed 1/8 so a 12 day turn-around if that helps give anyone a timeline idea :) i didn't like the vibes so i'm not too sad about it but it's also my first post-interview rejection which feels a little weird

Last edited:
Here is the thing that is confusing me. I was told verbatim that "the committee voted to accept you, but there is not an available seat for you at the moment." So I'm not sure what is going on.
Did you write the ad com an email asking?

Weird question but do LUCOM students take shelf exams during rotations? I could not find anything in the academic catalog with regard to shelf exams. I could find it being part of the grading for each rotation pretty easily in other schools where I've interviewed at so I am curious. Any current OMSIII-IV students trolling this forum please reply!
They take COMATs, they are a percentage of the overall rotation grade (percentage changes each year.)

Hello all, I have a few questions for the current OMS people.

Can we give preference for certain core rotation sites or will they be randomly assigned with no exceptions aside from family, relationships, etc. ?

Additionally, what is the best core rotation site for most possible experience to be gained (high patient traffic, abundant residents, etc.) ?

Lastly, can we choose our location for the 4th year clinical rotation site ? For example, if I have family in SC, can I attend rotation in that area?

Apologies if there are obvious answers to these questions but I can’t seem to find anything about this on the site or and online forums. Thanks!
There was an exemption process for my year’s rotations, but from what I understand this is going away (if you want it, lobby for it with admin). It’s a lottery system so whatever number you draw that’s the order you get to choose a site.

All sites are roughly equal. Lynchburg is the largest site (50-55 students), then there are sites scattered across VA, IL, MS, & TX. I heard there might be a PA site coming but no idea if that’s true yet.

They don’t care where you go 4th year, you set up your own rotations.

I'm confused. Was told at interview libery requires COMLEX 2 PE to graduate, but I thought there was no more 2 PE, so... the director of admissions says it is still required?

I'm confused. Was told at interview libery requires COMLEX 2 PE to graduate, but I thought there was no more 2 PE, so... the director of admissions says it is still required?
Did you actually speak to the director of admissions?

There is no PE, instead the NBOME is attempting to institute an alternative that will be administered at the COM level individually. This hasn’t been finalized yet so my class does not have a PE requirement. Whatever they call this abomination they’re trying to create will be the new requirement for future classes (if it’s ever implemented at all).

Have an interview coming up, its my first one so I'm very nervous. Any words of advice from those that have interviewed here?

Have an interview coming up, its my first one so I'm very nervous. Any words of advice from those that have interviewed here?

It’s accept, accept this year pending seat with auto accept next year if none open up which hadn’t happened before, reject. No real waitlist

I interviewed on 1/18 and haven't heard anything back. They said in the interview it would be 30 days max but I know people who interviewed on 1/15 have heard back. Should I email or call or just keep waiting it out?

I interviewed on 1/18 and haven't heard anything back. They said in the interview it would be 30 days max but I know people who interviewed on 1/15 have heard back. Should I email or call or just keep waiting it out?

My decision populated 3 days before the email. Go to your myLU, assist, general information, applicant status.

For those of us who are waitlisted, when do we need to complete the admission checklist by?

For those of us who are waitlisted, when do we need to complete the admission checklist by?
I know those that were accepted need it done by March 1st. If not they forfeit their acceptance. So long as waitlisted people have theirs complete, they could potentially get an acceptance. They didn’t give me a due date, but I know for certain mine won’t be done by March 1st.

Didn't someone say they exhaust their waitlist every year?