2023-2024 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just tried and it worked I think.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey did anyone get a confirmation email after signing up for the interview?

Hey did anyone get a confirmation email after signing up for the interview?
nope. just selected a date and assuming its all good... ew they do group interviews. cant wait to have the gunners trying to talk over everyone in the zoom haha

anyone still having issues? it says to try again in 15 min but i've been trying since last night
Try switching between browsers like Firefox and Chrome maybe. That's what I did.

Reactions: 1 user
anyone still having issues? it says to try again in 15 min but i've been trying since last night
I got it to work on firefox, I had to do that dumb windows authenticator thing though otherwise it just would not work

How early are their interview invites for those who have options to pick dates?

Anyone that was verified between 06/10-06/18 hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
yea lol cuz I didn’t get a confirmation email. But someone said they called and it seemed legit
I called today and they had me in the system despite not getting a confirmation email. They're having some technical issues but they said to expect an email with info a week or 2 before the interview.

You can also look at your admissions checklist in the myLU email app thing. It gave me a green check mark and said there my interview scheduling requirement was complete.

It’s not just Liberty, KCU is also having issues with their system for secondaries.

How do we send our CASPER scores to LUCOM? There isn’t an option to send them to LUCOM on the CASPER distributions

Rising 4th year, happy to answer any questions or DMs.
I am a Christian and really want to come to LUCOM, but I've heard they get less residency matches/people reluctant to take them because of the faculty's "intolerant policies" or something like that, is that true?

I am a Christian and really want to come to LUCOM, but I've heard they get less residency matches/people reluctant to take them because of the faculty's "intolerant policies" or something like that, is that true?

How would residency placement be affected by a school’s faculty’s “intolerant policies?” When you graduate and move on to residency you are no longer under the rules of your medical school. And which policies are these? I’ve heard nothing like this, and have been welcomed everywhere I’ve applied to so far.

How would residency placement be affected by a school’s faculty’s “intolerant policies?” When you graduate and move on to residency you are no longer under the rules of your medical school. And which policies are these? I’ve heard nothing like this, and have been welcomed everywhere I’ve applied to so far.
I am really glad to hear that! Thank you! i'm so excited to apply, it seems like a nice school. Do you have any pros/cons you could share with me? Is there a dress code there?

anyone recently heard from them after submitting primary? I submitted my primary (with the secondary questions answered) on 06/28 but haven't gotten an email yet to pay the supplemental fee to be complete yet

I am really glad to hear that! Thank you! i'm so excited to apply, it seems like a nice school. Do you have any pros/cons you could share with me? Is there a dress code there?

Pros:
  1. The environment is very collaborative among the students…shared google drive for study resources, very few gunners (if any).
  2. The faculty really cares about students doing well and they enjoy teaching and mentoring. I personally have at least a dozen faculty’s personal phone numbers in my phone that they have given out. They’ve always been available to answer questions and talk about academic and non-academic issues, and we’ve built nice relationships. They also know my spouse personally and ask about him. Not everyone wants this type of atmosphere but I like it.
  3. The area is beautiful, there’s lots to do if you’re outdoorsy, and the weather is great here, unless you’re from California, lol.
  4. The curriculum is solid. I felt well prepared for level 1 and level 2.
  5. If you’re Christian, this being a Christian school is a pro. The faculty will pray before every exam. If you’re having a difficult time and go seek out a faculty member or counselor, you’ll probably get an offer to be prayed for there too. There are scriptures painted on the walls. On Wednesdays they have convocation, which is a small church service, at noon, led by students. The students host Bible study groups and prayer chains, deliver meals when a new baby is born or someone is extremely ill or has surgery, and generally tries to support one another. However, all this is optional. No one has to attend convocation, or pray. The education is the same as a secular school.
Cons:
  1. One of the biggest cons is what I’m doing right now. People will always have ideas that aren’t correct about LUCOM that you’ll have to choose whether to address or not. I haven’t run into any stigma in person though, just in the internet.
  2. It’s a DO school, which means you’ll have to study OMM and take COMLEX. If you want a competitive specialty, you’ll have to take USMLE also.
  3. The 3rd year rotation sites are all over the place. There’s a “match” system and they try to get everyone into their top 3, but it doesn’t always work out that way and then some people end up 1500 miles away for rotations. The sites are all equally good though is what I’ve heard from my classmates.
  4. 4th year is ‘choose your own adventure’, typical of DO schools. You’ll set up your own rotations.
  5. Still a relatively new school, they’ve only graduated 6 classes. They’re still working out some of the bugs, but so far they’re match and placement percentages have been good, COMLEX passing percentages have been good, and they’re not in danger of losing accreditation.
  6. Dress code is business casual for mandatory lectures. Usually less than 5 hrs a week required.
If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone recently heard from them after submitting primary? I submitted my primary (with the secondary questions answered) on 06/28 but haven't gotten an email yet to pay the supplemental fee to be complete yet

Staff has been on July 4th holiday Monday and Tuesday.

Pros:
  1. The environment is very collaborative among the students…shared google drive for study resources, very few gunners (if any).
  2. The faculty really cares about students doing well and they enjoy teaching and mentoring. I personally have at least a dozen faculty’s personal phone numbers in my phone that they have given out. They’ve always been available to answer questions and talk about academic and non-academic issues, and we’ve built nice relationships. They also know my spouse personally and ask about him. Not everyone wants this type of atmosphere but I like it.
  3. The area is beautiful, there’s lots to do if you’re outdoorsy, and the weather is great here, unless you’re from California, lol.
  5. If you’re Christian, this being a Christian school is a pro. The faculty will pray before every exam. If you’re having a difficult time and go seek out a faculty member or counselor, you’ll probably get an offer to be prayed for there too. There are scriptures painted on the walls. On Wednesdays they have convocation, which is a small church service, at noon, led by students. The students host Bible study groups and prayer chains, deliver meals when a new baby is born or someone is extremely ill or has surgery, and generally tries to support one another. However, all this is optional. No one has to attend convocation, or pray. The education is the same as a secular school.
Cons:
  1. One of the biggest cons is what I’m doing right now. People will always have ideas that aren’t correct about LUCOM that you’ll have to choose whether to address or not. I haven’t run into any stigma in person though, just in the internet.
  2. It’s a DO school, which means you’ll have to study OMM and take COMLEX. If you want a competitive specialty, you’ll have to take USMLE also.
  3. The 3rd year rotation sites are all over the place. There’s a “match” system and they try to get everyone into their top 3, but it doesn’t always work out that way and then some people end up 1500 miles away for rotations. The sites are all equally good though is what I’ve heard from my classmates.
  4. 4th year is ‘choose your own adventure’, typical of DO schools. You’ll set up your own rotations.
  5. Still a relatively new school, they’ve only graduated 6 classes. They’re still working out some of the bugs, but so far they’re match and placement percentages have been good, COMLEX passing percentages have been good, and they’re not in danger of losing accreditation.
  6. Dress code is business casual for mandatory lectures. Usually less than 5 hrs a week required.
Thank you so much for taking the time to give some honest feedback. I can honestly say it makes me even more excited for this school!

Pros:
Cons:
Thank you!!!
For your 3rd year rotation (if you're M3) did you end up 1500 miles away?
I feel like alot of the DO schools have rotations that ship you across the county

Thank you!!!
For your 3rd year rotation (if you're M3) did you end up 1500 miles away?
I feel like alot of the DO schools have rotations that ship you across the county
I did not, they did an exemption process for married students with spouses who had jobs in the area, and I fell under that exemption and got to stay local. They have been trying to set up more rotations within the state and nearby states, so the current 3rd years are mostly closer.

I did not, they did an exemption process for married students with spouses who had jobs in the area, and I fell under that exemption and got to stay local. They have been trying to set up more rotations within the state and nearby states, so the current 3rd years are mostly closer.

Is there an exemption for married students with children too? Or only for married students with spouses employed nearby? My husband and I are unsure if he’ll work since we have a young daughter and would like to have consistent childcare since we don’t have family in the area.

Is there an exemption for married students with children too? Or only for married students with spouses employed nearby? My husband and I are unsure if he’ll work since we have a young daughter and would like to have consistent childcare since we don’t have family in the area.
There was last year.

Anyone else get the email about the Q&A? Seems like a cool thing.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah just got it. I'll attend the one on the 27th for sure. It seems like a great way to get first hand experience and maybe a few tips.

Does Liberty let you know when they received/are reviewing your app? I submitted mid June and have not heard anything

Considering I haven’t gotten an II or anything yet, I don’t want to get my hopes up attending this only to get an R later 😩

Considering I haven’t gotten an II or anything yet, I don’t want to get my hopes up attending this only to get an R later 😩
Too early in the cycle for talk like that! Most schools haven't even sent out interviews yet.
You never know when you'll get an invite. And August isn't the only time they send out invites I'm sure.

Did anyone attend the open house on Monday? How was it? I know they are planning on holding another one in August and was curious how things went.

After scheduling my interview, I received a "thank you for scheduling the interview" email and nothing else (like Zoom link or the schedule of the interview day). I am scared that I have forgotten top take additional action?
They said they'll send a follow up on when it gets closer to the date of the interview.

Anyone recently get invited to pay secondary for LUCOM? I submitted 6/28 and haven't heard anything

it says on LUCOM's website that they won't look at <499 or <123 in sub sections. I have a 505 but 122 CARS... should I not apply? I mean I get that it says 123 but I'm not sure if I could get through or if I'm donating?
I would call the school to make sure they'll see your application

Hey does anyone know if LUCOM is even worth applying to if you are not a Christian? I already sent my apps to a bunch of DO schools but I am Muslim, although my faith is very important to me so I don't think I would mind the conservative atmosphere/rules of the school. I am also fine statswise (LM 71). My main interest in the school is it being in VA which is close to my homestate although I am not sure if it is worth applying to being a Muslim.

Pros:
Cons:

[mention]PencilWise [/mention] , I know this doesn’t fully answer your question but this post sort of outlines the pros and cons of the school? Also in the q&a I went to it was very clear there are both Christian and non Christian students

Hey does anyone know if LUCOM is even worth applying to if you are not a Christian? I already sent my apps to a bunch of DO schools but I am Muslim, although my faith is very important to me so I don't think I would mind the conservative atmosphere/rules of the school. I am also fine statswise (LM 71). My main interest in the school is it being in VA which is close to my homestate although I am not sure if it is worth applying to being a Muslim.
I’m a current 4th year, and I have many Muslim friends and classmates at LUCOM. Feel free to DM me any questions you may have.

II invite this morning! signed up for November, does anyone know what the post ii acceptance is like here?

Anyone know how long after the interview they send out A/R/WL? My interview isn’t until November but I feel like that is so late for a school interviewing so many people