2023-2024 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't received a secondary from KCU despite being verified on 5/18. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm not sure what to do at this point- I don't see why I wouldn't get one and I'm starting to worry

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Almost forgot I applied to this school 😭verified early June and still no secondary too!

Reactions: 1 user
4th year med student here, DM me if you have any questions.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Does KCU screen? Verified in June but still have not received a secondary
It's 100% them not overdoing their system and just sending it in waves! I have competitive stats and EC and have not received a secondary too

Reactions: 2 users
4th year med student here, DM me if you have any questions.

Any opinions on the KC campus vs the Joplin campus? Are COMLEX scores and pass rates pretty much the same between the two? It looks like online we’re only able to see a combined result

Any opinions on the KC campus vs the Joplin campus? Are COMLEX scores and pass rates pretty much the same between the two? It looks like online we’re only able to see a combined result
scores and pass rates are very similar on both campuses. The biggest difference between the two is the location/culture. I'm on KC campus and I love it because there is so much to do in the area. I have heard the Joplin campus has a closer knit community but small town vibes are not for me.

scores and pass rates are very similar on both campuses. The biggest difference between the two is the location/culture. I'm on KC campus and I love it because there is so much to do in the area. I have heard the Joplin campus has a closer knit community but small town vibes are not for me.

Awesome, thank you!

Ditto on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I received and sent my secondary a few weeks ago but I was wondering, since I have a 500 MCAT if they sent a secondary to me by mistake because apparently the minimum MCAT is a 501. Do you guys think I have any chances of getting an interview or even acceptance?

So I received and sent my secondary a few weeks ago but I was wondering, since I have a 500 MCAT if they sent a secondary to me by mistake because apparently the minimum MCAT is a 501. Do you guys think I have any chances of getting an interview or even acceptance?
There is another user in this thread, a fourth year, who said there are people there with MCAT's in the 490's. Shoot your shot if you have time and money. After looking through ChooseDO at various schools, it seems like most DO schools post "minimums" or "requirements" on their page that are well above any actual minimum they impose.

Exact same boat as you, but I saw on their website that "At the discretion of the Office of Admissions, applicants who fall below the minimum criteria may be reviewed and offered an invitation to complete a secondary application." Maybe people close enough to 500 will be taken if their GPAs are a little higher!

Sorry if someone already posted this, but if I got the "a Workday Account has been created" email is that the official secondary invitation or is there another one I should wait for?

I got an interview here last cycle (Joplin) with a 498! Unfortunately didn't get accepted but did get an interview!

I got an interview here last cycle (Joplin) with a 498! Unfortunately didn't get accepted but did get an interview!
Nice. I see that Joplin's class profile is 505 so hopefully I could get a II because my cGPA is high and clinical experience is good. Fingers crossed

Exact same boat as you, but I saw on their website that "At the discretion of the Office of Admissions, applicants who fall below the minimum criteria may be reviewed and offered an invitation to complete a secondary application." Maybe people close enough to 500 will be taken if their GPAs are a little higher!
Thanks! Yeah my MCAT is 500 but my cGPA is a 3.84. Hopefully I can get a II.

Just going to leave this on all the schools I applied to, I did receive secondaries from every DO school:

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 6/18/23

Sorry if someone already posted this, but if I got the "a Workday Account has been created" email is that the official secondary invitation or is there another one I should wait for?
yeah that's the secondary invite from them I think

they will not screen based on MCAT - if the rest of your app is good, you have a chance

Submitted all 16 DO Schools on 5/28/23... Verified 5/31/23

States: 3.73 Science, 3.77 Overall, 501 (125/122/127/127) and 508 (125/125/127/131)

For this school, secondary received: 6/18/23
II OOS!

Reactions: 2 users
Those of you who received an interview, on your workday portal does it show that your “prerequisite coursework check” is still a yellow exclamation mark? (meaning they haven’t reviewed your coursework yet) Or is it green with a check?

Those of you who received an interview, on your workday portal does it show that your “prerequisite coursework check” is still a yellow exclamation mark? (meaning they haven’t reviewed your coursework yet) Or is it green with a check?
It is not green yet on my end at least.

Mine is Yellow with the ! ... it been like that for sooo long

For those who scheduled an interview, I scheduled in-person but the confirmation email I received says virtual. Anyone else have this happen?

My LORs still have the yellow ! despite receiving confirmation from KCU they’d been received. Anyone else have this?

For those that received an interview, did it specify which campus you were interviewing for?

For those of you receiving interviews, when did you submit your secondary?

I am also a 4th year at KCU-KC, if you have any questions feel free to DM or ask on here.

People usually ask about the relative timeline so I'll share what my app cycle was like for KCU during the 2019-2020 app cycle. N=1 though.

Primary submitted: 7/17
Secondary invitation: 8/21
Date complete: 8/24
Interview invite: 9/24
Interview: 11/15
Accepted: 12/20

Reactions: 5 users