2023-2024 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 2 users
For those who have or are currently scheduling their interviews, are you seeing any morning slots? I'm only seeing the ones that start at 12 PM!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have or are currently scheduling their interviews, are you seeing any morning slots? I'm only seeing the ones that start at 12 PM!
only saw 12pm when scheduling virtual

anyone know the post II acceptance rate?

Anyone know how hard KCU prescreens II and the typical post II acceptance rate?

Reactions: 1 user
For the question about the schools we applied to, are you guys abbreviating all the school names because I have like 25 schools.

For those who scheduled an interview, I scheduled in-person but the confirmation email I received says virtual. Anyone else have this happen?

So I scheduled for virtual but I did notice that the email said “we look forward to seeing you for your virtual interview” and the website seems to imply that all will be virtual. Maybe email them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a problem with opening the website? The page is just not loading for me.

Is anyone else having trouble paying the fee? I used all of their suggestions and I still get the message that there is no applicant matching my name and CAS ID ....

Does anyone know how long it takes for recommendation letters to be marked as complete on workday after they have been uploaded to AACOMAS?

I payed my secondary fee yesterday, but there is still a yellow exclamation mark next to it and is marked incomplete? Does this take awhile for the portal to update and change it to completed?

For those who got II’s, are your stats (work or academic wise) higher than their averages

For those interviewing in-person at the Kansas City Campus, was the date August 30th or August 31st? I thought I scheduled for August 30th but the confirmation email says 31st? Just wanted to double check because the email has the wrong location.

For those interviewing in-person at the Kansas City Campus, was the date August 30th or August 31st? I thought I scheduled for August 30th but the confirmation email says 31st? Just wanted to double check because the email has the wrong location.
For me the only in-person option for KC was August 31. I chose it but the email confirmation still says virtual like others I'm seeing on here but I emailed them about it.

Whoever is getting II, is it only in the Kansas City location and not Joplin, or has anyone gotten a II for Joplin?

Does KCU wait after mcat retake results or they look at what you have right now?

For those receiving interview invites, when was your Prerequisite Coursework Check completed? Thats the only incomplete requirement showing up, other than the interview option.

For me the only in-person option for KC was August 31. I chose it but the email confirmation still says virtual like others I'm seeing on here but I emailed them about it.
Same, they responded to me and told me the location on the email is wrong - if you selected in person, then its going to be in person.

I applied to both campuses, but I really do have a slight preference for Kansas City, which I wrote in my primary. How much do they take that into consideration?

ii

oos 3.2/511 non-trad completed secondary a couple days ago

Reactions: 1 users
ii, completed secondary 3 days ago, 3.7, 496 (OOS)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the ii! For those who have receive an ii does it still show this on your KCU page:
"Prerequisite Coursework Check
Requested | KCU Admissions will review your coursework and contact you if there are any questions or concerns on coursework meeting our prerequisite requirements. You can review the application coursework requirements..."

If not, when did that show complete? My secondary was submitted 6/21 and LORs were received on 7/9, but this is still showing incomplete. Please help!

II received tonight! 515| 3.92

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the ii! For those who have receive an ii does it still show this on your KCU page:
"Prerequisite Coursework Check
Requested | KCU Admissions will review your coursework and contact you if there are any questions or concerns on coursework meeting our prerequisite requirements. You can review the application coursework requirements..."

If not, when did that show complete? My secondary was submitted 6/21 and LORs were received on 7/9, but this is still showing incomplete. Please help!
Yes it still shows it for me.

It feels like I'm the only one who hasn't received one lol. Congrats Everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
It feels like I'm the only one who hasn't received one lol. Congrats Everyone!
You aren’t alone, lol. Secondary completed on 6/27 and haven’t heard anything yet.

But congratulations to everyone who has gotten II’s and good luck! Y’all are gonna kill it!

Reactions: 5 users
Given how many people have received an II, what is the post-II acceptance rate?

For those with interviews, mind sharing your stats and secondary complete date?